SeaEagles v Roosters MnF @FortBrookie Rd9 Gameday thread #GoManly

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

pick the Margin

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
voicefromthehill said:
Darren said:
hopefully we can turn it around next week. Dreading seeing Jase at school. He reckons they have another Burgess to come back and will only get better. We need to find some form.

You have gone from clean out and rebuild to turn around.....I ask again who do you clean out and who do you rebuild with?

Just to reemphasise - don't back away from your comment, answer the question

Darren said:
We will surely turn it around. Brett, Matai, Jorge, Lyon, Wolfie, Foran and DCE. Amazing backline.

Per my previous above

Darren said:
Time for a major clean out and rebuild. Too many players comfortable in their positions. Roosters wanted it and got it. Hopefully this will take off the tinted glasses for some. No excuses about the ref, dodgy calls or anything.

The many moods of Darren - Darren the Troll

Darren said:
Bring back Des!

Darren the Troll

Darren said:
average!! 1 team won with 12 men. We played like crap.

Darren the troll

My question is what is happening at training all week ? I mean, surely if we play like that for a number of weeks our training is the tell tale sign ?

Are we undisciplined and drop balls all week. Is our timing out all week ? Are we uncoordinated all week.

I cant question our effort but with the experience in our squad I am starting to wonder what our coachng staff are doing because I dont believe we training slickly all week and then just turn unco on game day.

voicefromthehill said:
voicefromthehill said:
Darren said:
hopefully we can turn it around next week. Dreading seeing Jase at school. He reckons they have another Burgess to come back and will only get better. We need to find some form.

You have gone from clean out and rebuild to turn around.....I ask again who do you clean out and who do you rebuild with?

Just to reemphasise - don't back away from your comment, answer the question

Darren said:
We will surely turn it around. Brett, Matai, Jorge, Lyon, Wolfie, Foran and DCE. Amazing backline.

Per my previous above

Darren said:
Time for a major clean out and rebuild. Too many players comfortable in their positions. Roosters wanted it and got it. Hopefully this will take off the tinted glasses for some. No excuses about the ref, dodgy calls or anything.

The many moods of Darren - Darren the Troll

Darren said:
Bring back Des!

Darren the Troll

Darren said:
average!! 1 team won with 12 men. We played like crap.

Darren the troll

VFTH , something doesnt add up with Darren thats for sure ( lol)
maybe not a troll but bipolar ???

Jatz Crackers said:
My question is what is happening at training all week ? I mean, surely if we play like that for a number of weeks our training is the tell tale sign ?

Are we undisciplined and drop balls all week. Is our timing out all week ? Are we uncoordinated all week.

I cant question our effort but with the experience in our squad I am starting to wonder what our coachng staff are doing because I dont believe we training slickly all week and then just turn unco on game day.

VERY GOOD POINT

My mood just picked up a touch, flicked on the music channel to find a sexy blonde on the screen, well played MTV

Is it the physical or the mental though? They are hardly dropping shed loads of balls - they are however lacking a little patience (and per other thread) composure.

Disappointing loss for the way we lost. I can handle a loss to a top 4 side knowing they played better on the day. In this case they didn't. Both their tries were lucky, though they took the opportunities and they came off. What really cost us was our error rate and our inability to get a consistent flow on attack going. I don't like singling guys out but DCE really had a sub par game. We really needed him to step up and he made crucial errors. That pass that led to Jennings try was a shocker, then he threw a bad pass instead of holding onto it and didn't find touch with a kick again at a crucial point in the game. I know he set up the Matai try but that didn't offset his errors. Its probably only a one off game from DCE buts he has been a tad inconsistent so far. Also Glen Stewart is looking underdone and a non factor which is expected coming back from injury. We really looked like a old team tonight. The poor handling and mistakes also lead to us not being in sync on attack. The one thing that will always keep us in games is our defense and it did again. We just couldn't make the plays to win it. While I'm disappointed I know we can bounce and we have to coz it gets even tougher next week. While I'm worried i am not panicking just yet. We arent the NZ Warriors just yet lol. Finally Id like to just say i thought the nef Peta went ok. Dropped one bomb and missed a few tackles but other than that was pretty solid. Good for him to get another taste of 1st grade and improve his confidence. Still has a lot to learn and improve on but showed some glimpses on attack chiming in well a few times. If he can work on improving his defense as the last line that will serve him well. Seemed pretty solid under the high ball bar the 1 error. Brought the ball back well also. Overall I was just happy for him to get some more 1st grade experience. Hope he gets another crack and keeps making his chances count. The Grand Final is not won in May so let's hope the boys can turn it around. GO MANLY!!!

Jatz Crackers said:

Could it be the Andrew Johns inquiry that has somehow upset the training / focus this week - cos that effort tonight was a joke. Am filthy?

@[Jax24] For what its worth, I thought Hiku went alright, one dropped ball early in career is nothing to be ashamed of. You should be happy (I'm sure you are). I remember Snake wasn't always reliable under the high ball in his early days so I guess you could say he is in good company ;) I saw some promise in attack also and with more experience could have scored I believe.

1947 said:
Jatz Crackers said:

Could it be the Andrew Johns inquiry that has somehow upset the training / focus this week - cos that effort tonight was a joke. Am filthy?

Are you? You tell me

I love how the enquiry into the performance of More Joyous has also now become the "Andrew Johns enquiry"

I thought Hiku looked very impressive with ball in hand. Dropped one bomb but did well otherwise. Nice to see kick returns with some pace.

Darren said:
probably the emotion pouring out when watching. No bi-polar yet!!

i apologize Darren ,for my comments.

you just picked the wrong comments to make while passionate supporters just saw their team lose...heat of the moment.

hope we all feel the opposite in exactly 7 days time

Kiwi Eagle said:
You should be proud of Peta Jax24, he was great I thought

Thanks Kiwi Eagle, he did pretty well filling in for Snake in a big game against a top team in the Roosters. Thought he looked a lot more comfortable in his main position and the 1st game nerves weren't there as much this time. Just glad he got the nod this week and I hope he can continue to get more gametime and experience while Snake is out.

panash said:
i apologize Darren ,for my comments.

you just picked the wrong comments to make while passionate supporters just saw their team lose...heat of the moment.

hope we all feel the opposite in exactly 7 days time

Good on you panash.

voicefromthehill said:
@[Jax24] For what its worth, I thought Hiku went alright, one dropped ball early in career is nothing to be ashamed of. You should be happy (I'm sure you are). I remember Snake wasn't always reliable under the high ball in his early days so I guess you could say he is in good company ;) I saw some promise in
attack also and with more experience could have scored I believe.
Cheers @voicefromthehill. Yeah about the only positive from the game for me was Peta having a decent game. He did well overall considering the magnitude of the game.

Another positive was that team with the best attacking record in the comp so far could scarcely trouble our defence at all.

Jax24 said:
voicefromthehill said:
@[Jax24] For what its worth, I thought Hiku went alright, one dropped ball early in career is nothing to be ashamed of. You should be happy (I'm sure you are). I remember Snake wasn't always reliable under the high ball in his early days so I guess you could say he is in good company ;) I saw some promise in
attack also and with more experience could have scored I believe.
Cheers @voicefromthehill. Yeah about the only positive from the game for me was Peta having a decent game. He did well overall considering the magnitude of the game.

Taufua copped a bit of flack by some of us including me and look at him now, being mentioned for NSW and one of my favorite players. Hiku was solid for his second game and will only get better :)

This game sucked.

Maybe because I just finished watching it that the following comments are about to flow from my keyboard.....

Hey Manly...offloading is an OPTION, not mandatory.

Hey dce - OVER the sideline is where you kick for touch.

Nice effort banana heads. 13 men on 12 and not only do you make no yardage but you actually give away a penalty and let them score!?

Passing the football to a team mate. It's fun, it's awesome, it doesn't lead to opposition runaway tries, oh and it's really, really, really ....really easy to do.

If you continue to produce crap like this week after week...well I hope you were nice to the other teams on the way up the ladder, as you're going to meet them on the way down.

Bloody terrible effort.

No worries Panash, no more watching at the keyboard. It is emotional and we were sort of close but couldn't get there. Thought we may have won after Maria got sent off.

I know why I don't come on here straight after a loss, jeez talk about wanting to jump off north head!!

We have away a "lucky" try and they kicked a penalty, otherwise apart from the last 30 seconds they couldn't get across the line, mind you neither could we apart from going over the top.

Two to 4 sides battling in out, sure we lost and that sucks but fair dinkum no need to slash your wrists like many wanted to do last night

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7