Sea eagles vs Penrith Presser

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The NRL has to act immediately to outlaw the deliberate passing into a tackler who has rolled away. If not, I'd be instructing my dummy half to do this on most 5th tackles.
It's another blight on the spirit of the sport, which continues to be hammered by ref-fixing.
Yes, especially now that Archer has come out and said that it was the right decision (and that Farrah's one the other night should also have attracted a penalty). I'd be telling my dummy half to do it any time there is a player laying to the side of the ruck. I imagine we are going to start seeing more of it until the officials realise the can of worms they have opened up and then change the rule again.

Yes, especially now that Archer has come out and said that it was the right decision (and that Farrah's one the other night should also have attracted a penalty). I'd be telling my dummy half to do it any time there is a player laying to the side of the ruck. I imagine we are going to start seeing more of it until the officials realise the can of worms they have opened up and then change the rule again.
Archer is such a dumb arse. Instead of being smart and trying to get rid of players milking stupid penalties by throwing a pass straight down into a player we are going to see so many more hookers doing it now. What a joke

Yes, especially now that Archer has come out and said that it was the right decision (and that Farrah's one the other night should also have attracted a penalty).

Did he?

Wow. That brings four things to mind.

1) What a douchbag
2) Just because he says it...doesn't make it right.
3) It reinforces the protected ivory tower they live in and how easily they can rig games.
4) You can bet the Melbourne storm took notes and will be doing this a lot now.

Archer is such a dumb arse. Instead of being smart and trying to get rid of players milking stupid penalties by throwing a pass straight down into a player we are going to see so many more hookers doing it now. What a joke
You have to think about the flip side of the equation though...if it's publicly stated not to be a penalty, players will lay around the side of ruck when they know they can't make it back to marker and get in the way of the dummy half trying to get good clean early service to his forwards/halves. It's been a penalty for 100 years so why chance it now? It's the defending teams job to clear the ruck...if you can't clear it, then pay the price.

I hate the standard of refereeing as much as the next person, but I feel like the referees are damned if they do and damned if they don't. It's a thankless job and opinion is constantly divided; the other night this Penrith fan was carrying on that the Peachy try was called back. I was adamant it was the correct decision and he was absolutely blowing up deluxe in the seat next to me in the grandstand.

I agree. However, if the rule has been there for 100 years then the refs need to be consistent 100% of the time. If not there is a perception that refs are not being impartial. So if a ref makes a mistake there should be consequences. He should be dropped. They shouldn't get off lightly by disadvantaging a team because of their error.

The other argument is that the player clearly 'milked' a penalty by exploiting this rule. Is this smart play? Should the ref be able to use discretion by allowing play on? I don't know the answers but to me it's not playing in the true spirit of the game and that should be a consideration when blowing the whistle.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8