Sea Eagles v Warriors - Team Line-ups

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He had the six on his back but played in the centre (on his non-preferred side) for much of the season. You are going by programme rather than where he actually positioned himself.

I'm going by NRLstats.

They don't go by the number on his back, but rather the position he plays.

Last year there was a game when Beaver was wearing number 4 (and Lyon was in 6), but Beaver played 5/8.

Someone has to "officially" play 5/8. And on 16 times last year it was decided by the official NRL statisticians that Manly's #6 was Lyon.

Will, you have got me twice tonight. I will pull my head in and bow to your superior knowledge!!!  (You are a journo after all and they are always right, aren't they? ;)  )

Beaver to the rescue at pivot

Jason Avedissian
http://manlydaily.com.au/article/2008/03/29/9440_sports.html
29 March 2008

THE future of Manly back Jamie Lyon in the Sea Eagles contentious no. 6 jumper appears under a cloud with veteran great Steve Menzies set to take up the position against the Warriors at Brookvale Oval on Monday night.

Menzies is likely to play pivot with Lyon moving to the centres to cover for the injured David Vaealiki who is out with a knee injury.

The veteran backrower said he is prepared to play wherever coach Des Hasler picked him as the Sea Eagles search for a long-term solution in the position.

"If someone gets injured, I'm happy to come off the bench and play any role," Menzies said yesterday.

With Menzies a likely starter at five-eighth, debate continues on the best position to house Lyon. Ex-Queensland and Australian five-eighth Ben Ikin said Lyon is suited to playing in the centres where he can be more effective as a ball runner.

"He's a better centre than a five-eighth," Ikin told The Manly Daily.

"Des would have a better feel for him than me and he obviously thinks he has the capabilities to play there otherwise he wouldn't persist with him. I feel he is struggling to find his way at six."

Ikin explained that the absence of hooker Michael Monaghan meant the attacking burden was falling on Lyon and captain Matt Orford.

"Orford's game was complemented so well by Michael Monaghan who was creative," Ikin said.

NSW and Australian selector Bob McCarthy simply said of Lyon:

"He's (Lyon) a Test centre isn't he?"

Ex-Manly five-eighth Cliffy Lyons said the Orford/Lyon combination was worth persisting with, but for only the next fortnight. "Give them another week, maybe two at the most and see what happens," Lyons said.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7