Sea Eagles v Warriors Rd6 teams & Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Seaeagle63 said:
We really need to play for a full 80 without taking the foot off the pedal.

Really take it to the opposition and just show the rest of the comp we are a force to be reckoned with.
Sure they will when it matters. This time of year all that matters is getting the 2 points

Seaeagle63 said:

Really take it to the opposition and just show the rest of the comp we are a force to be reckoned with.

We have a history of doing this under Des' direction. After the 07 GF Des made sure of when we slowly build and when we peak. All through the 1st half of 08 we coasted when we knew we had the oppositions measure.

Kite was good because he did a front rowers job tonight and didnt pussy foot around pretending to be a 5/8 like he wishes he was.

Jatz Crackers said:
Seaeagle63 said:

We have a history of doing this under Des' direction. After the 07 GF Des made sure of when we slowly build and when we peak. All through the 1st half of 08 we coasted when we knew we had the oppositions measure.

Word.

No point wasting energy when the game's won.

I guess the issue remains that we may slacken when the game's not won and concede a win.

Gee it's an exciting time to be a Manly fan with all this great youngsters running around (unfortunately I can now call anyone under 25 a youngster *sigh*)

Great effort from the team tonight.The forward pack ran hard and straight,which is needed in the wet.
Joe,Gift and Buhrer have been on fire and tonight the rest of the pack stood up.Thought it was Kite and George's best game this year.
But what is the most pleasing is that Hoppa,Foran,Buhrer,DCE,Oldfield and the rest of the young blokes are going to deliver our next premiership not to far away!!!

How good was oldfield in defence. Stopped two certain tries!

True but he has had a whole lot of mentions. Thought oldfield deserved a call

All i can say is i hope the weather is nice for next Friday so we can pack Brookie against the Panthers. There are so many positives about the team this year, the best thing is there is massive room for improvement and the fact Snake will take the team to another level when he is back at 100% Happy Days.

Volley said:
Word.

No point wasting energy when the game's won.

I guess the issue remains that we may slacken when the game's not won and concede a win.

Gee it's an exciting time to be a Manly fan with all this great youngsters running around (unfortunately I can now call anyone under 25 a youngster *sigh*)

Well it seems Des begs to differ.

It didn't stop Manly coach Des Hasler delivering a reality check to his players.

"We did what we had to do, we controlled the game fairly well, but what we need to do is go to the next level and start putting sides away," he said.

"When we get back into it Monday and Tuesday, that will be the main topic of conversation - we need to finish it off and finish it off well.

"It's got nothing to do with (having so many) young blokes, it's called mentality, and we need to work on that mentality.

http://www.nrl.com/manly-wins,-warriors-set-for-more-pain/tabid/10874/newsid/62303/default.aspx

Hope Big Joe is not out for a while with injury. He has been our most consistent this season imo. Always does the hard grunt work and gets through plenty of it.

Was great to be @ Brookie again!
Tho the smallest crowd I can remember, we enjoyed it thoroughly - plenty of space to kick the footy around with the little fella both on the hill prior and on the hallowed turf after the game.

Great to see Smokin' Joe run so well, Brent, Dale, Hoppa, Jamie & Steve put in good performances as well.

Go Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4