Sea Eagles v Titans Game day thread rd 7 @FORT BROOKIE

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jatz

Cartwright is one of Searles best mates.The have both split with their wives in recent times and I believe they were living together so it would seem to be a case of giving a mate a leg up.5 years for a new coach is ridiculous.
Other than Bennett who had an open ended deal at Broncos,Tim Sheens is the only bloke I can remember getting 5 years(cowboys) and he was run out of town pronto up there.

Not sure how binding any contract would be if new owners come in.I doubt they would cop it.Not that Carty is a bad coach,but it blooks like the Titans need some new ideas.Buying dozens of backrowers and centres when you have no halves is also ridiculous.

Just on Sheens he is talked about as a Super Coach.They didnt make the finals for 5 years after winning in 05 and fold every year semi time.Not sure I see why it seems general consensus that he is an elite coach in the modern game.80s and 90s maybe but now?

Manly need to concentrate on winning by big margins to make up for the 3 losses.
There is still 2 Teams ahead of Manly just on for and against.

So lets jump this queue and freshen up for the Dogs, Broncs and Storm :D

Laurie Daley preview

Manly Sea Eagles v Gold Coast Titans, Brookvale Oval, Saturday 7:30pm (EST)

I couldn't have been more impressed with how Manly performed on Monday night. They were professional, they controlled the ball really well, and that's what you have to do. The big test for the Sea Eagles this weekend is to make sure the young players who came in and played so well against the Panthers can put in a similar performance again if the players who were missing on Monday don't return. The players who filled in simply have to play to the same level again and consistency is sometimes difficult for young players who have come up into first grade. The Titans are really struggling so you'd find it difficulat to tip them coming down to Brookvale where Manly were undefeated last year and they started this season off so well on Monday. The Titans aren't without a knockout chance but I think it will be difficult for them. Tip: Manly

Berkeley_Eagle said:
Apparently
No Brett
No Keiran
No Glenn
Again this week

This info from NRL unleashed podcast
Also an interesting bit about the leak in Manly
They know who it is

I'd be surprised if Glen Stewart doesnt play. If Kieran was 50/50 last week he must be close to playing.

susan said:
The 5/8 for them can play.Head and shoulders the best player in my local side Burleigh Bears and just looks a footballer.Put him with some NRL players and he will be a real danger.

We should beat the titans reasonably well.The whole franchise is a mess up here and the whole community is deathriding Searle,cant be good for player morale and they have no confidence.The NRL dont seem to realise then problem is Searle himself,not the titans franchise.Get rid of him,get some serous backers and they will be a force again.I would also get rid of Cartwright-too close to Searle and game plan never seems to change.
I've been to two Bears games this year and couldn't agree more Susan. Prince will relish having a 5/8 in Sezer who knows what he's doing.
Zillman's another who scored a 5 year deal too. He too split with his long term g/friend...maybe thats part of the conditions?:s

Meanwhile, Manly coach Geoff Toovey is adamant he will not rush Brett Stewart and Kieran Foran back from injury unless they are fully fit to face Gold Coast on Saturday.
The two have been named in the side to take on the Titans at Brookvale Oval, as has halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, who corked his thigh during the 30-0 win over Penrith on Monday.
Toovey said Cherry-Evans was the most likely of the three to play and the Sea Eagles' medical staff would assess Stewart's ribs and Foran's hamstring during the week.
"Daly's definitely going to be OK. It's just a cork and he played on during the game," Toovey said. "We're still waiting to see how the other two cope with this week. We won't be risking them if there's any doubt around them, but we are hopeful."
Toovey admitted Foran and Stewart were desperate to be in the frame for selection for New Zealand and NSW, but denied this would influence any decision to play them.
"I know Kieran's very keen and I know Brett's very close to being OK as well," he said. "Plus, with the representative season coming up, they all want to be on deck to show their wares and we're hoping to get them back, but we won't risk them.
"We're not putting any timelines on it, but it's a bit like last week: we thought they were close and we gave them until the 11th hour to make a decision and that'll be the same this week."
The premiers shrugged off the loss of four internationals on Monday to ease past the Panthers -- a win Toovey said had boosted morale after three straight losses.
AAP

Looks like i am the only one going to the game lol. At least i won't have to wait long at the bar

Ryan said:
Why change what ain't broken? Apart from maybe Robinson / Rose in for Skinner, I'd be happy to go with the exact same line-up, even IF the players are healthy.

Kids have grabbed their opportunity. Their positions should be theirs to lose.

I'm kind of warm on this idea. I think the young guys should get a look in every now and then if they're capable.

My reasoning is that it can give our stars a much needed break if it's suitable.

Brett Stewart (ribs) and Kieran Foran (hamstring) are out with Manly to field the same team they did against the Panthers. Dean Whare will play at fullback and Liam Foran will play at five-eighth. Daly Cherry-Evans (corked thigh) and Matt Ballin (head cut) will play. Mark Minichiello (ankle) and Matt White (elbow) need to train tomorrow to be passed fit.

http://www.rleague.com/content/article.php?id=43171

Manly blew away the cobwebs after three weeks of losses when they trounced Penrith 30-0 at Brookvale Oval last Monday night.

Just as the critics were beginning to come out of the woodwork, the Sea Eagles silenced them with a performance of quality and control. Leading the way was halfback Daly Cherry-Evans, who had been below his best, but stepped up in the absence of attacking spearheads Kieran Foran and Brett Stewart to play one of his finest hands since making his debut a little over 12 months ago.

With Foran and Stewart back in harness this week, the Sea Eagles will be aiming to make light work of the Titans, who have virtually disappeared from view after their first round upset of the North Queensland Cowboys.

There was no shortage of effort by the Titans when they played the Roosters last Saturday night (and Canterbury the week before, for that matter) but poor attention to the fundamentals proved fatal to their chances.

Maintaining their energy away from home and in the face of five straight losses - not to mention the club's off-field woes - will be a herculean task for the Titans and one that may be beyond them.

Take a Manly try as First Scoring Play and look to a Sea Eagles victory by 13+ points.

Players to consider for First Tryscorer are Brett Stewart, Steve Matai and David Williams for Manly or David Mead and Kevin Gordon for the Titans.

- NRL Stats: Manly v Gold Coast
- NYC Stats: Manly v Gold Coast
- Live Blog: Manly v Gold Coast
- Manly Forum
- Gold Coast Forum
- NRL Betting: Manly v Gold Coast
- NYC Betting: Manly v Gold Coast
- Round 7 Teams, STATS and Predictions
- Follow Rleague.com on Twitter - www.twitter.com/rleaguecom

Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles
1 Brett Stewart, 2 Jorge Taufua, 3 Jamie Lyon [c], 4 Steve Matai, 5 David Williams, 6 Kieran Foran, 7 Daly Cherry-Evans, 8 Jason King [c], 9 Matt Ballin, 10 Brent Kite, 11 Anthony Watmough, 12 Jamie Buhrer, 13 Vic Mauro. Subs: 14 Nick Skinner, 15 Joe Galuvao, 16 Darcy Lussick, 17 Dean Whare, 18 Daniel Harrison (one to be omitted).

Gold Coast Titans
1 William Zillman, 2 Kevin Gordon, 3 Jamal Idris, 4 Beau Champion, 5 David Mead, 6 Aidan Sezer, 7 Scott Prince [c], 8 Luke Bailey, 9 Matt Srama, 10 Luke Douglas, 11 Nate Myles, 12 Luke O'Dwyer, 13 Ashley Harrison. Subs: 14 Matthew White, 15 Michael Henderson, 16 Mark Minichiello, 17 Bodene Thompson, 18 Jordan Rankin (one to be omitted).

Referees: Jason Robinson, Tony De Las Heras
Sideline Officials: Jason Walsh, Brenden Wood
Video Referee: Paul Mellor

Prediction - Manly by 38

OVERALL:
Total Games: 25
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles wins: 19. [Pts: 599]
Gold Coast Titans wins: 5. [Pts: 316]
Draws: 1

Biggest wins:
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: 46 pts: 1993 J J Giltinan Shield and Winfield Cup - Round 20 - [View] Sun Aug 15: Sea Eagles 46 d. Gold Coast 0 [Crowd: 10691]
Gold Coast Titans: 23 pts: 1989 J J Giltinan Shield and Winfield Cup - Round 14 - [View] Sun Jul 2: Gold Coast 29 d. Sea Eagles 6 [Crowd: 8174]

Biggest Crowd: 2008 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 17 - [View] Fri: Gold Coast Titans 14 l. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 34 [Crowd: 21374]

Last 50 games against each other form line (most recent matches at end of line):
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: WLWWWWWWWWWWWWDLWWWWLWLLW
Gold Coast Titans: LWLLLLLLLLLLLLDWLLLLWLWWL

Last 10 games:
2011 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 10 - [View] Mon: Gold Coast Titans 12 l. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 16 [Crowd: 12360]
2010 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 14 - [View] Fri: Gold Coast Titans 28 d. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 14 [Crowd: 17508]
2010 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 7 - [View] Mon: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 22 l. Gold Coast Titans 24 [Crowd: 15195]
2009 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 26 - [View] Sat: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 38 d. Gold Coast Titans 4 [Crowd: 14165]
2009 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 11 - [View] Sun: Gold Coast Titans 18 d. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 17 [Crowd: 16126]
2008 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 25 - [View] Mon: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 28 d. Gold Coast Titans 10 [Crowd: 14755]
2008 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 17 - [View] Fri: Gold Coast Titans 14 l. Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 34 [Crowd: 21374]
2007 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Sun: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 20 d. Gold Coast Titans 6 [Crowd: 16887]
1998 National Rugby League - Round 20 - [View] Sat Jul 25: Gold Coast 6 l. Sea Eagles 30 [Crowd: 8721]
1997 Optus Cup - Round 21 - [View] Sat Aug 23: Gold Coast 25 d. Sea Eagles 10 [Crowd: 15872]

Overall record at Brookvale Oval, Brookvale, Sydney (NSW) Stats:
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles: 595 games, won 418, drawn 14, lost 163.
Last 5 games:
2012 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Mon: Manly 30 d. Penrith 0
2011 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 25 - [View] Fri: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 18 d. Melbourne Storm 4
2011 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 24 - [View] Sun: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 27 d. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs 16
2011 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 22 - [View] Sun: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 36 d. Sydney Roosters 8
2011 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 18 - [View] Sun: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 36 d. South Sydney Rabbitohs 22

Gold Coast Titans: 12 games, won 1, drawn 1, lost 10.
Last 5 games:
2010 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 7 - [View] Mon: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 22 l. Gold Coast Titans 24
2009 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 26 - [View] Sat: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 38 d. Gold Coast Titans 4
2008 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 25 - [View] Mon: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 28 d. Gold Coast Titans 10
2007 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Sun: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 20 d. Gold Coast Titans 6
1997 Optus Cup - Round 10 - [View] Sun May 11: Sea Eagles 26 drew Gold Coast 26

Head to Head at Brookvale Oval, Brookvale, Sydney (NSW) Stats:
Total Games: 12
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles wins: 10. [Pts: 370]
Gold Coast Titans wins: 1. [Pts: 134]
Draws: 1

Last 5 games:
2010 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 7 - [View] Mon: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 22 l. Gold Coast Titans 24 [Crowd: 15195]
2009 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 26 - [View] Sat: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 38 d. Gold Coast Titans 4 [Crowd: 14165]
2008 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 25 - [View] Mon: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 28 d. Gold Coast Titans 10 [Crowd: 14755]
2007 NRL Telstra Premiership - Round 6 - [View] Sun: Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles 20 d. Gold Coast Titans 6 [Crowd: 16887]
1997 Optus Cup - Round 10 - [View] Sun May 11: Sea Eagles 26 drew Gold Coast 26 [Crowd: 2506]

- NRL Stats: Manly v Gold Coast
- NYC Stats: Manly v Gold Coast
- Live Blog: Manly v Gold Coast
- Manly Forum
- Gold Coast Forum
- NRL Betting: Manly v Gold Coast
- NYC Betting: Manly v Gold Coast
- Round 7 Teams, STATS and Predictions
- Follow Rleague.com on Twitter - www.twitter.com/rleaguecom

Hopefully we learned our lesson from the Parramatta game. Opposition teams form is irrelevant, when you're the defending premiers you have to expect you will get the best of your opponents. The Eels played their best game of the year against us and we should expect the same thing from the Titans.

Daily Telegraph's late mail was both Kieran Foran out and B. Stewart out with same team to take the field as last week however Sydney Morning Herald's late mail on the website was saying both are likely to play :dodgy: confused here lol.

No resting players. Field our strongest side in every game. They are paid to play not rest. They can freshen up during the bye.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6