Sea Eagles V Storm [Round 25 2013] discussion tread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Mark from Brisbane said:
This could well be the MIGOTY

We do need to get a win up over another top 4 side, if for nothing else other than confidence.

Here's hoping mate. We were able to wrangle a draw last time we played them. A win in this one is important. Going into the finals thinking we can't beat any top 4 teams will be concerning.

Ryan said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
This could well be the MIGOTY

We do need to get a win up over another top 4 side, if for nothing else other than confidence.

Here's hoping mate. We were able to wrangle a draw last time we played them. A win in this one is important. Going into the finals thinking we can't beat any top 4 teams will be concerning.
Especially as this match is @ Brooky. If we cant beat them at home, then we certainly wont beat them @ AAMI.

Just watched the highlights from the 1st game v storm this year. Fair dinkum the offside penalty to melbourne at 78.55 mins to give them the 2 points to equalise was HARSH. Lawrence and Kite were well back at the play the ball! Another gip.

Jorge won't be playing the last two rounds. Club statement - http://www.seaeagles.com.au/news-display/Club-statement-regarding-Jorge-Taufua/83110

Gutho on the wing!

Clint Gutherson is scrawny enough to run along the sidelines without leaving a shadow :p

Great little Player in the making for Manly :angel:
I did see him as 19th man one week at Brookie, and he and Jake Tr... are the stars of the NYC/NSW.

What does Geoff Toovey bring that other coaches you have played under dont?

Jharal

BJ: Confidence in myself. He has given me a lot of confidence that no other coach has bestowed on me before.

Fair dinkum - no Taufua, no Choc, no Kite and possibly no Snake, plus no good refs = no hope!

Mind you the side on Saturday night may well be quite different to the one selected yesterday (eg Choc plays), in which case there IS hope.

Missing 3 props King Kite Joe, missing best backrower in the game Choc, missing top try scorer of the year Jorge and probably best fullback in the game Snake. At full strength we would kill them. With all these injuries we will be struggling.

HappilyManly said:
Gutho on the wing!

Clint Gutherson is scrawny enough to run along the sidelines without leaving a shadow :p

Great little Player in the making for Manly :angel:
I did see him as 19th man one week at Brookie, and he and Jake Tr... are the stars of the NYC/NSW.

Agree Gutherson would probably be best on the wing. Little worrying it is a big game to debut, but a good one for experience.

Tooves could also be thinking farrer i guess.

ALinda said:
Fair dinkum - no Taufua, no Choc, no Kite and possibly no Snake, plus no good refs = no hope!

Mind you the side on Saturday night may well be quite different to the one selected yesterday (eg Choc plays), in which case there IS hope.
Hopefully some foxing going on. I reckon Choc and Snake will play. I think you'd have to physically restrain Choc, maybe lock him in a shipping container, to prevent him from taking on the storm.

This will be a lacklustre affair, neither team will be putting it on the line on Saturday night.

Will be a fizzle.

Not sure about lacklustre.If Penrith beat the dogs minus Kasiano,Pritchard and Eastwood and we take on the Storm minus choc,kite,tafua and snake then the Sunday arvo game in round 26 becomes a high pressure contest for us as the Panthers will be playing for their place in the eight.

I am assuming the sharks win their next two against the cowboys(who just cant win away and no Thompson who has been a real find at 9) at home and the rabble that is Canberra away.

I for one could do without the stress.The panthers are a dangerous side if you give them any leeway.We should handle them reasonably easily but if the same group of players out this week are out again it will be very tricky.

COMMANDER said:
This will be a lacklustre affair, neither team will be putting it on the line on Saturday night.

Will be a fizzle.

Agree both will be holding back until the first week of the finals and then blow Souffs and Easts out o the water.

eagles2win said:
COMMANDER said:
Will be a fizzle.
Agree both will be holding back until the first week of the finals and then blow Souffs and Easts out o the water.
A Manly / Melbourne GF still looking the most likely IMO.

But a repeat of 2008 is impossible and not necessary. To win Saturday or the GF, Manly would have to be ahead 12 pts at half time. From there on, the matches become the plaything of the Refs and Video ref/lounge lizards.

Stevo said:
Late Mail - Ben Farrar in if Brett Stewart is out. Hiku to play fullback.

Tough call on who to put in. I haven't heard great things about Farrar this year, however I haven't seen him play. Hiku is obviously the best option for Brett, and for Jorge if Brett plays. If we have no Brett is there anyone else we would prefer on the wing? Gutherson - big call to have your first game against Melbourne. Farrar at least has some 1st grade experience. We seem to be a bit lean in back depth.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8