Sea Eagles v SHarks Game day thread rd 3

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
dowdz said:
With all the contract talk and players rumoured to be leaving, I hope the boys are focused for this match.

I hope they have padlocks in the dressing room as they only seem to be interested in pinching money at someone elses expense. We has Desgate last year and now it is Contractgate. I'm getting a bad feeling about backing the boys this year.

ManlyBacker said:
dowdz said:
With all the contract talk and players rumoured to be leaving, I hope the boys are focused for this match.

I hope they have padlocks in the dressing room as they only seem to be interested in pinching money at someone elses expense. We has Desgate last year and now it is Contractgate. I'm getting a bad feeling about backing the boys this year.

So after Desgate, and now contractgate, you're saying we should lockthegate.

Every good performance they put in only increases their value. They will play well. I'd be more worried about a poor perforfmance if they were all re-signed to long term deals.

Until today I didn't realise wolfman had an older brother, much less shall be lining up against him monday night.

The more ya know!

I've always seen Carney as a 5/8 so I expect the sharkies will play their best game of the season, pity for them they're playing the best team in the comp.

The only concern is Carney, who, if he fires could see them home. Unlikely though. Best of all, we will be 3/3 and the Warriors should tear the mutts to pieces in Auckland so we will be first with Melbourne.

Speaking of Melbourne:

Raiders
Souths
Titans

Bloody hell, what an easy draw (Raiders aside).

Jatz Crackers said:
Whilst ever the dogs and cheats are ahead of us on the leader board then that is motivation enough.

Are they not one and the same?

Oh, you mean the other cheats? :p

globaleagle said:
Until today I didn't realise wolfman had an older brother, much less shall be lining up against him monday night.

The more ya know!

In 2008 John was playing for the Cowpats and one Saturday night Manly were playing at Brookie and the Cows were in Townsville, both teams scored at the same time and David and John both kicked sideline conversions from the left side of the field at precisely the same moment.

Some useless trivia. :)

I'm a little concerned with the appointment of Cummins to our game. I think he played for the Tigers last week. A very poor referee who doesn't seem to like us at all..

DSM5 said:
I'm a little concerned with the appointment of Cummins to our game. I think he played for the Tigers last week. A very poor referee who doesn't seem to like us at all..

Do any of them like us?

No, but he was just terrible last week and his bias showed through more than necessary I thought.

We don't want to be too far infront at halftime because the Refs will do their best to get the home side back in it.

In the past we've had success against the Sharks by attacking Paul Gallen, or more accuratley the space outside him. Because he's such an aggressive player he can't help himself if he sees an opportunity to hit someone. If you run your plays right, Gallen can create a lot of holes that we can exploit.

firechild said:
globaleagle said:

The more ya know!
In 2008 John was playing for the Cowpats and one Saturday night Manly were playing at Brookie and the Cows were in Townsville, both teams scored at the same time and David and John both kicked sideline conversions from the left side of the field at precisely the same moment.
Some useless trivia. :)

Now I just learnt david can kick as well! I should read up on this stuff.

As for the other comments regarding cummings.... I agree. If I was King, I woulda said at half time that I am making a formal complaint about his decisions. They were so terrible that his accounts should be looked at. Wifey says I say that every game, and King should probably say it at full time upon reflection. It was a terrible, terrible first 40 mins of bias.

Hollywood should be onto these guys about their, that's right their, impartiality.

Masked Eagle said:
We don't want to be too far infront at halftime because the Refs will do their best to get the home side back in it.

In the past we've had success against the Sharks by attacking Paul Gallen, or more accuratley the space outside him. Because he's such an aggressive player he can't help himself if he sees an opportunity to hit someone. If you run your plays right, Gallen can create a lot of holes that we can exploit.

Like others in this thread have already stated, Carney is the danger man for them that we have to watch and close down as if he has a good game, he might just be able to get them the win.

The Choc 'not standing front on' penalty said it all. A Tigers player did exactly the same thing near the end of the game and wasn't penalized. If he had of been, that would have put us 8 points in front, with them having no chance of tieing the game up. Cummins tried, but just couldn't get them home.

I tip Oldfield to match Les Hanigan's record. Although - then he'll be worth more money ...

Jethro said:
DSM5 said:

Do any of them like us?

Any refs are better than Cumstain and Coc*chin

Really looking for to this game, taking a car load of boys from work down to Shark Park to watch it. Carn MANLY!!!

You never know if the Sharks are going to play hard or soft. I suspect they will be focused on putting in a big one as it's already getting to do or die for them. Halfback is a weakness and they lose too much momentum when they bring Morris on for DeGois. Watchout for Tagatese to try and make a name for himself again on Foz. Hasn't done anything since that night. Tupou off the bench is a surprise he usually gives us a hard time too.

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6