Sea Eagles v Roosters Rd22 teams & Chat thread

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
“Here's a sneak peek of our Indigenous jersey we'll be wearing on Sunday. What do you think? #gomanly

1f6744275196401488cc001200739939_7.jpg

Injury Update after Round 21
1/08/2011 2:49:53 PM
The Sea Eagles have suffered only a few minor injuries after their loss to the Wests Tigers on Friday night.

Joe Galuvao has suffered a facial injury but will be right to face up against the Roosters on Sunday.

Vic Mauro has a severely corked thigh and is in doubt for Round 22.

Tony 'T-Rex' could be making his return this, pending fitness tests.

Michael Robertson will be having tests tomorrow to assess his injury.

I'm not a fan of a jersey full of artwork. Could there be any other way of creating an indigenous style jersey without all the traditional 'dreamtime' paintings?

captainskin said:
I'm not a fan of a jersey full of artwork. Could there be any other way of creating an indigenous style jersey without all the traditional 'dreamtime' paintings?

We could wear Souths jerseys.

Geez that jersey is ugly. Definitely needs some more clutter.

Fingers crossed that T-Rex is back this week, we've been missing his physicality in defense. Mauro has done a good job in his place but he is no Rex.

I wonder if Des is considering giving Grandpapa Nood a rest? Seems like he picks up an injury every week. With the way Lussick has played I see little harm in giving Nood a week or two rest before the finals.

The Eagle said:
ayjay007 said:
Kaspersky must be happy.Major sponsor,and someone else's name is splashed across our jumper.

They would have known I'm advance of signing the contract, moot point

Based upon the free to air coverage we are getting I reckon they would be escatic with the arrangement

The Eagle said:
ayjay007 said:
Kaspersky must be happy.Major sponsor,and someone else's name is splashed across our jumper.
They would have known I'm advance of signing the contract, moot point

Yeah. Been through this. As if they wouldn't have known!

Michael Robertson is still suffering concussion from 3 weeks ago & we will have more info after tests today. We're wishing him all the best!

MANLY winger Michael Robertson will miss another week of football after suffering a concussion more than two weeks ago.

Manly Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler revealed Michael Robertson has not been able to play because of an ongoing concussion issue. Manly medical staff are still trying to assess how serious the problem is.

"He's still getting over a bout of concussion, so the doctors are a little bit concerned about it so we'll see where it goes," Hasler said today.

"He had a knee problem, he got over that and now this concussion thing has come up. He won't be playing this weekend."

Robertson had played 139 straight NRL games before a knee injury stopped his incredible record. Now there are no guarantees the concussion problem will be a short term one.

RELATED COVERAGE
NRL to tighten rules on concussion The Australian, 13 Jul 2011
Labor should look beyond 'Robbo' The Daily Telegraph, 11 Jul 2011
Cats keep cautious watch on Bartel The Australian, 22 Jun 2011
Crows' Scott Stevens retires FoxSports, 21 Jun 2011
Doc to strike a blow for medicine Courier Mail, 18 Jun 2011

Robertson will have another series of scans tonight to see how severe the problem is.

The only good news for Manly is that utility Tony Williams is expected to make a comeback from a hamstring strain.

ayjay007 said:
Melbourne Demons losing by 180+ with Kaspersky all over them.
Probably hasn't been a great week for Boris Cutyourcockov.

Well,they're more forgiving than most would be.The Kaspersky eagles,wearing URm sponsorship!All these FTA games,and some other mob gets their name in the spotlight.Maybe that's why we had trouble getting a BIG major sponsor-they weren't getting what they were paying for.

Team Lists - Round 22
2/08/2011 3:22:18 PM
The Sea Eagles have announced their sides to take on the Sydney Roosters this Sunday at Brookvale Oval.

Michael Oldfield has been named on the wing to take the place of injured Michael Robertson and Tony Williams has been named on the bench.

NRL:

Brett Stewart
Michael Oldfield
Jamie Lyon (c)
Steve Matai
Will Hopoate
Kieran Foran
Daly Cherry-Evans
Jason King (c)
Matt Ballin
Brent Kite
Anthony Watmough