Sea Eagles say Seasons greetings with Sea food

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I was fortunate to be invited (courtesy of my daughter Natalie) to the Sea Eagles xmas party this afternoon put on for sponsors & their families, a sea food bbq at their picturesque Narrabeen headquarters.

I had prepared a prominent sign saying "I am not personally a sponsor" in case I ran into Choc but I think he & the others involved in the 4-nations are still on a break:)

Having supported the club for many years, from a distance so to speak, it was a great experience to mingle with the players and get to meet some of them. All the players I approached were very open, friendly & good humoured, and happy to sign a footy & pose for photos.

The players were very relaxed & candid, special thanks to Brent Kite, Chris Bailey, Brett Stewart, Wolfman, Killer, & Robbo who were all happy to chat, and also the others who patiently gave autographs & posed for photos. And the mighty Ox, I got the chance to thank him for his deeds for Manly, he looks so relaxed I almost didn't recognise him at first. And also Des. What a guy, one in a million our Des:)

Look out for Brent to have a very big year, and the mood of everyone semed to be a quiet determination to get back on top in 2010. The ability to have a full off season preparation, with only 3 away on tour and no WCC, was cited by several players as a big advantage compared to last year.

I know they would have been reminded to be on their best behaviour but they all impressed me as a really decent bunch of young blokes. There was a pretty good spirit evident, as I guess you would expect in a club that has had such success over the past few years, but after today I am even more confident of a very strong showing in 2010.

Thanks also to Vidmar who made a point of catching up with an out-of-towner and his daughter, he also gave me some tips on how to write longer posts:)

Great post. There are plenty that can give tips about writing long posts. Was DSM5 there, packing Orford's bag and driving him to the airport?

Vidmar mentioned a BBQ in his other post but nothing about Seafood - seems things have moved on from the Sandwiches for our Vidmar...

Agree with CW great post, I really hope the fire in the belly is back for the boys in 2010 - I guess Ox will be a lot happy now he doesnt have to bear the brunt of DSMs spiteful posts.

Never spiteful, only honest Wheel.  Ox looked relaxed?  That must have been before I told him he was a useless lateral running ball-hog with no ideas.  Good to see the rear end of him.

The Wheel link said:
Vidmar mentioned a BBQ in his other post but nothing about Seafood - seems things have moved on from the Sandwiches for our Vidmar...

Was trying to keep the post brief Wheel..

Sounds like a great event. I would have loved to have been there and to have met the players. I would have been as excited as a little kid meeting Iggle Piggle.

DSM5 link said:
Never spiteful, only honest Wheel.  Ox looked relaxed?  That must have been before I told him he was a useless lateral running ball-hog with no ideas.  Good to see the rear end of him.

I watched a game on fox the other night where ox was playing for the storm against the roosters.  2001 I think was the year.

He ran the ball to the line a lot more than and was a lot quicker.  You will be glad to know that his kicking game was still ****e though

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6