Sea Eagles ready to fly with new Centre of Excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Do you mean the bay of seats in front of the COE will go around the entire ground, then they'll build another level up and around?

I do remember seeing in the earlier plans they made provisions for staged expansions. I hope it looks decent and not like 4 different designs in one.
Yes, the COE was part of a co-ordinated design for the whole ground.

Hopefully this is the way it goes. The more seats on the bottom deck is better than what they offer at Parra.

So, apart from the fancy ceremony has there been a sod of soil actually turned yet or is this all another #nextweek scenario ??

Hopefully this is the way it goes. The more seats on the bottom deck is better than what they offer at Parra.

According to the telegraph..

Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys said his club was ready for run-down Brookvale to be finally redeveloped.

“We’re definitely due. We have just commenced construction on a new grandstand and Centre of Excellence at the northern end of Lottoland. We have not only seen that as important but also the first stage of a full development of Lottoland,” Humphreys said.

“We have a complete master plan that has been fully costed ready to go and we are very hopeful of the NSW Government’s support to make that a reality for the northern beaches community.
“The new 3000 seat stand is in a seating bowl with the idea being to continue that around the entire venue which gives you 13,000 seats and then we’d put an upper tier on the east and west sides to get it to 19,000.”

According to the telegraph..

Sea Eagles CEO Stephen Humphreys said his club was ready for run-down Brookvale to be finally redeveloped.

“We’re definitely due. We have just commenced construction on a new grandstand and Centre of Excellence at the northern end of Lottoland. We have not only seen that as important but also the first stage of a full development of Lottoland,” Humphreys said.

“We have a complete master plan that has been fully costed ready to go and we are very hopeful of the NSW Government’s support to make that a reality for the northern beaches community.
“The new 3000 seat stand is in a seating bowl with the idea being to continue that around the entire venue which gives you 13,000 seats and then we’d put an upper tier on the east and west sides to get it to 19,000.”

Literally the best design concept I've seen or heard in regards to a Brookie upgrade.

13,000 fans close to the action is perfect and will keep the atmosphere of having the fans close to the action like the hill offers now.

Not sure if this has being mentioned but they are saying both the Marlins and Rats will play out of Brookie. I’m not sure if they will be overly keen on that. Both sets of fans are very parochial when it comes to heir home grounds.

As much as I love Brookie my head has long told me that developing Rat Park at Warriewood would be the smartest location for a modern stadium. There is plenty of land surrounding it, with little chance of NIMBY neighbours causing problems. You could have massive parking facilities, and the B-line buses could bring a lot of people on public transport.
The Rats and the Sea Eagles could share the ground, which would also allow for concerts and events to be held there.
I'll be delighted if the long-awaited transformation of Brookie happens, but for the above mentioned reasons I think our politicians -- all of whom are important members of the NSW Government Ministry -- have missed out on an opportunity.

So, apart from the fancy ceremony has there been a sod of soil actually turned yet or is this all another #nextweek scenario ??
I will pop down for a look on the weekend (if I remember). There was a lot of asbestos investigation/removal to be done first And prior to the bulldozers coming in

It’s not uncommon for developers to set up a webcam (e.g. Barangaroo) so you can view progress.

It would be a good initiative between the club, Council and even the builder, if the same happened with the CoE and the work Council is undertaking.
Watching 9 blokes stand around scratching their nuts whilst 1 bloke works would be fascinating and funny. It would also unfortunately closely resemble our 2020 season.

Last edited:
Reading the reported responses of the relevant NRL clubs.

The Panthers were talking about benefits 20 years away, Dragons, Dogs and Wests admit they won't be playing out of these stadiums fulltime, plus the Sharks say they have no reason to move from Sutherland.

The only ground that warrants this govt initiative at all is Brookvale as it is an immediate need and will be used as a fulltime home ground. But even this isn't enough, as it seems the Brookvale build is just a piecemeal thing that will not be a new stadium at all and probably never get fully done anyway.

On the plus side though at least we'll get another diorama....

Watching 9 blokes stand scratching their nuts around whilst 1 bloke works would be fascinating and funny. It would also unfortunately closely resemble our 2020 season.
I spend a lot of time on the road these days and it always amazes me to see the road gangs , 15 hard hats looking important watching on, another 10 hard hats closer to the job clearly giving instructions watching two blokes dig a hole ( one in a digger , one near the hole).

And then there’s 6 stop go men to get you past the hole ( that’s no where near the road ),

They've gone one better than just a sod of soil being turned... They've put up a fence!

But as always, what happens next will be #nextweek
On last night’s 7 news (whilst talking about the latest Walker imbroglio) you could see a proper wooden hoarding behind the reporter, not just a temporary cyclone fence.

The wheels are turning.

Suburban stadiums
While it was speculated there would be funding for planning works on suburban Sydney stadiums, only $1 million has been allocated to carry out a business case for Jubilee Oval in Kogarah, in Sydney's south. The business case is due to be completed in 2022.

you can kiss an full upgrade out the window the state budget NSW just handed down.

Suburban stadiums
While it was speculated there would be funding for planning works on suburban Sydney stadiums, only $1 million has been allocated to carry out a business case for Jubilee Oval in Kogarah, in Sydney's south. The business case is due to be completed in 2022.

you can kiss an full upgrade out the window the state budget NSW just handed down.

It’ll happen, there are other capital funds not outlined explicitly in the budget.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2