Sea Eagles Medical Staff

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Karshy

Reserve Grader
I find it interesting that the Manly medical staff have managed to avoid any scrutiny. For the last 3 years the team has been struggling with a huge amount of injuries.

At present, we currently have Tom Trbo, Jorge T, Moses Suli, Dylan Walker, Curtis Sironen, Andrew Davey, Haumole O, Jack G, Morgan Boyle out from injuries while representing this club. Trbo was meant to return in rounds 3 or 4, now its been pushed to round 6. Even though Karl Lawton was injured before arriving, the recovery time frame reported for his injury was meant to be 3 - 6 months. It's currently at 5 months as the injury was in December, and hes not expected back until rounds 11-12, making it a 7-8 month recovery...

Is the medical team failing in their responsibility around injury prevention or are all of these guy just extremely unlucky? Why do almost all injuries at Manly take longer for the players to return than what the medical guides suggest are the expected timeframes for return?

Keith Titmuss died at Training. How did the medical staff miss any warning signs to health issues Keith may have had?

Maybe I'm wrong and these injuries are just extreme bad luck but to me something smells very fishy.

Its a physical game and we have been sh1t out of luck.
Sh1t happens some time/most of the time.
The blame here is strong.

Trying to be respectful to the author in response, I've been thinking about this, and the way the league has been going for some time @Karshy .

I wonder what peoples thought's would be on the NRL adapting "injury reserved list"?

A player who has an injury that renders him physically unable to play for a minumum of X weeks after that date of the injury can be placed on the Club's Injured Reserve List. ... A player placed on Injured Reserve is ineligible to compete in NRL games for a period of not less than Y weeks.

X & Y being a number devised by the NRL AND players association.

Then of course you get the salary cap dispensation depending on term for that particular player.

Example, if say Tom Trbojevic is going to be out 53% of the season, 53% of his salary becomes available under the cap to get a replacement player.

With Dr Nathan Gibbs involved I have no doubt they are doing the right things. He is one of the most respected sports medicine professionals in the business.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8