Sea Eagles Love Their Cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Las Vegas Blvd said:
mozgrame said:
Las Vegas Blvd said:
Hmmmm heads DCE ,,, tails G.Stewart
Heads DCE wins, tails Glenn loses.

And we wonder if the alleged blue between Daly and the Stewart bros had more to it Mozzie ??
Nah, she's sweet. I'm sure the Stewies know and accept exactly how good Daly is, and what a marketing advantage he is to the club. :p

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Hmmmm heads DCE ,,, tails G.Stewart

I love Gifty but it's heads every time for me. When you weigh their value to the team I just can't go past a champion halfback. Not to mention he spends more time on the field.

Having said that I would be surprised if we let Gifty go.

DCE is the best Halfback in the game Manly would be silly to let him go.
Yes Gift is an important member of the team but you build a team around a champion halfback. It's a no brainer an ageing player with two or more years left in him or a superstar in the making?

The Eagles only have to look at the Bulldogs , in 2005 someone thought it was bright to let Johnathon Thurston go - that year he leads the Cows to a gf

It sucks seeing great players leave, but unfortunately that's they way of life with a salary cap.

The fact is DCE and Foran are our number 1 priority, daylight 2nd. We can build a team around these 2 for the next decade, but unfortunately that will cost us some great Manly legends in the process.

Ideally they'd all retire in maroon and white, but it is just not achievable. The coaching staff and management would be doing the club and us fans a disservice if they didn't do everything in their power to lock down the best halves pairing in the game.

Some of these guys (like Kite at Penrith) will have to retire at other clubs, but they'll be Manly boys for life.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
The Eagles only have to look at the Bulldogs , in 2005 someone thought it was bright to let Johnathon Thurston go - that year he leads the Cows to a gf
That decision was made in Coffs Harbour, but your point is valid :cool:

I would add Hiku to the must keep list.

The 'spine' just needs a young hooker to be unearthed this year, and Manly Fans can enjoy another decade of domination :)

HappilyManly said:
The 'spine' just needs a young hooker to be unearthed this year, and Manly Fans can enjoy another decade of domination :)

Jayden Hodges may just be that young hooker!

Otherwise, we still have Jamie Buhrer who also makes a great hooking option.

Manly are in good hands & well placed to continue the golden period!

Cherry evans best halfback in the comp. Need to keep him and Foran together no matter the cost.

Well, in my opinion, we have a raft of fantastic youth coming through in the forwards (Chee-Kam, Sao, Jake T & many others). With Richie Fa'aoso's unexpected exit from our team, we'd have a whole heap we could give DCE and retain that depth.

Richie was in and out of the team with suspension and injury.

It's all sorted itself out in my opinion.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6