Sea Eagles - Jersey History

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rusty

Bencher
Since I got reminded earlier of a discussion we had on here last time the club was thinking about rejigging the jersey design I thought I would go back through the history of the club and make a digital copy of each of the jerseys we have worn over the years.

Some are going to be easier then others, just looking at recreating the yellow and blue thing we wore earlier this year makes me want to puke for instance.

I started by doing 4 of this years jerseys, the home, away, pepsi style and community jerseys.

I thought I would open the floor to requests next, link me an image of your favorite jersey we have worn, at any time - the more obscure the better and I will do my best to add it to the collection. The idea being we will have a complete timeline of jerseys we have worn here in the future.

Also if you notice any glaring errors I have made please point them out. (Ie. Missing elements etc). Try not to be too picky, I will not be able to get every details perfect but I will do my best.

Attachments

• 2014Pepsi.png
    2014Pepsi.png
    57.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 2014AWAY.png
    2014AWAY.png
    55.6 KB · Views: 36
  • 2014COM.png
    2014COM.png
    62.2 KB · Views: 118
  • 2014Home.png
    2014Home.png
    48.5 KB · Views: 36
I think if you go on ebay there is a guide to Manly jerseys on there that pretty much documents all our jerseys from day 1.

One of my favourite is the white with maroon hoops "Wormald" sponsored. Pretty rare, would love to get my hands on one of those.

Ranger said:
The '11 Kaspersky home jersey was one of the best.

The close the gap jersey last year was pretty good too.

NRL+Rd+22+Sea+Eagles+v+Warriors+bsvWmWsrmSol.jpg

Damn. I was just thinking how hard could this be... I forgot about the Close The Gap jerseys...

Ok. I will attempt this one next.

HappilyManly said:
This seems to be a comprehensive site 1947 - 2007

http://www.manlyeaglerockers.com/fusion/articles.php?article_id=11

Spook has probably just taken a photo of all the ones he owns for that site, he must own most of them.

The 1957-59 jersey is the one I first remember and has always been the best.
If you could get rid of the URM logo on the third jersey on this original post we'd have a fabulous design.

Rusty said:
Ranger said:
The '11 Kaspersky home jersey was one of the best.

The close the gap jersey last year was pretty good too.

NRL+Rd+22+Sea+Eagles+v+Warriors+bsvWmWsrmSol.jpg

Damn. I was just thinking how hard could this be... I forgot about the Close The Gap jerseys...

Ok. I will attempt this one next.

When I saw this one I thought the same thing. :s

The 1996 Pepsi Jersey is one i would like to see. I have fond memories of that jersey.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=1996+Manly+jersey&safe=active&rlz=1C1_____enAU370&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=4nn9U6moFIqpuwT9zIDAAQ&ved=0CAgQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=979#facrc=_&imgdii=_&imgrc=Qm-BDJSJp1XxvM%253A%3B-ky9QUN8N9QypM%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.peterwynnscore.com.au%252Fmedia%252Fcatalog%252Fproduct%252Fcache%252F1%252Fimage%252F9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95%252Fm%252Fa%252Fmanly_sea_eagles_1996_retro_jersey.jpg%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.peterwynnscore.com.au%252Findex.php%252Fmanly-sea-eagles-1996-retro-jersey.html%3B393%3B500

attachment.php

I would very much like to see something close to this as the home jersey for 2015.

Anyone know what these are?
image.jpg
http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/showpost.php?p=10418567&postcount=717

If those are our jerseys for next year... well the sponsor 'box' has gotten bigger. Notice AAA radiators isn't there (i remember reading some report about a sleeve sponsor).

Home/maroon: The V is nicer, although the thin stripe doesn't seem necessary, and more like our very first jersey.

Away/white: interesting... very modern, doubt there will be many fans of it?

After the success of the community jersey, it would've been great to see it continue in some manner. Maybe a fans poll? Oh well, something to look forward to in the off season when the GF hangover subsides

I think they should use it for the nines next year, could add some pattern to the bottom half if they wanted to make it more 'modern'.

Not at home now so can't finish it, but I have found some great photos of the details on the 'Close The Gap' jersey from a warriors site. Should be able to get it right now.

My very first Manly jersey was white with maroon hoops. To get it I traded my u14 crappy suburban team jersey. I wpuld have traded my left nut, my mother, my first born and whatever else he wanted..

Anyone have one now? I have good trades!

rifraff said:
My very first Manly jersey was white with maroon hoops. To get it I traded my u14 crappy suburban team jersey. I wpuld have traded my left nut, my mother, my first born and whatever else he wanted..

If you meant the 1976 Jersey, you can still get them.
They just have a lable RETRO added, but otherwise its the same beautiful winning hoops design.

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html/_W0QQ_sopZ12?_nkw=manly%20jersey%201976&_fromfsb=0&_trksid=m270.l1313

mK9SHxwo2DXRDg_dmqLiTIQ.jpg

rifraff said:

Yes, I do have a left nut.

Anyone seen this jersey Spud is wearing? When did Manly in the 1990s play in this one?

Friday night game May 13 1994 vs North Sydney at NSO. The Bears also wore a retro design on the night.

The ground was pretty much over capacity. I watched standing on the fence at the back of the hill.

Manly won 11-8. Have been trying to locate a copy of this game ever since. A great game.

Friday night game May 13 1994 vs North Sydney at NSO. The Bears also wore a retro design on the night.

The ground was pretty much over capacity. I watched standing on the fence at the back of the hill.

Manly won 11-8. Have been trying to locate a copy of this game ever since. A great game.

I was there as well - I remember how full it was (there was another game there where I remember sitting on the field near the sideline it was so full)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4