Sea Eagles finally catch the one that got away

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A promising youngster who the Sea Eagles wanted to sign as a 16-year-old will finally join the club five years later.

Versatile back Brayden Wiliame, who can play centre, wing and fullback, is one of the club's new young recruits for next season after an eventful journey that has taken him to Melbourne, Parramatta and Newcastle.

Read More

A promising youngster who the Sea Eagles wanted to sign as a 16-year-old will finally join the club five years later.

Versatile back Brayden Wiliame, who can play centre, wing and fullback, is one of the club's new young recruits for next season after an eventful journey that has taken him to Melbourne, Parramatta and Newcastle.

And his manager Gavin Orr believes the Manly environment can bring out the best in him.

"He is very athletic and reminds me a bit of Willie Tonga when he was at his best," Orr said.

The Sea Eagles have a reputation for turning players who have struggled to make their mark at other clubs into first graders.

"Brayden was actually offered a contract at Manly when he was 16," Orr said.

"At the time he was playing for the Central Coast Storm, who were a feeder team for the Melbourne Storm."

After playing in the Harold Matthews side the Storm saw his potential and beat the Sea Eagles to Wiliame's signature.
Brayden-Wiliame.jpg
The following season he was in the Storm SG Ball side and from there he made the NSW Under-20s.

After missing almost a whole season with a knee injury he joined Parramatta in 2013 where he made his NRL debut under then-coach Ricky Stuart.

However, at the end of that season Wiliame was one of the players who was shown the door as the Eels underwent a widely publicised clean-out.

He headed up to Newcastle where he spent the past season.

"He actually played some very good football up there," Orr said.

"Now he has gone to Manly, where he probably should have started in the first place.

"And he followed Manly as a kid."
Jon Geddes
Manly Daily

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...ne-that-got-away/story-fngr8iii-1227086688438

Last edited by a moderator:
Willo is going to have his work cut for him turning all these players into also-rans in 2015. I'm not sure if he has the ability to ruin this much talent. :)

manlyfan76 said:
Willo is going to have his work cut for him turning all these players into also-rans in 2015. I'm not sure if he has the ability to ruin this much talent. :)

Willow could even stuff up the lords prayer he goes that good as a coach.

---------------------------------------------------------
Edited to fix the quoted section to display correctly.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6