SEA EAGLES 2020......

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Might be time to get your eyes checked

Actually I do that once a year. I require reading glasses, but my long sight is as good as a 20 year old...though I could have cataracts by the time I'm 80. But I don't think my thoughts on Parker are so over the top Sea EagleRock8. Parker actually reminds me a little of a young Terry Randall, who also started out as a centre. Both could be seen as tough no nonsense types, forceful barging types in attack, good tackling technique, reasonably quick. He is actually a little taller than Terry and a little heavier. I actually knew Terry when he was quite young and remember seeing him debut. There are a lot of similarities to what I recall.

They do a mount of defensive work as well, and need a good pass both left to right, and right to left. Good footy brains too, they are one of the most important players on the field, every plays starts with them.

Jorge will never, ever be considered a hooker option..... ever

After watching Jake enjoy himself as a ball player in last night's Fiji match, I came back to this post.

There is no reason why Jake could not move to dummy half whilst Fainu was having a rest. And there is no reason why Jorge couldn't come off the bench (in 14 or whatever) and do several of his hit ups, possibly running off Jake for, say 15 - 20 mins.

The last few years we have struggled in the middle third of the game when the bench were not of the same quality as the starting players. I think that Jorge, with good off season training could fit this bill and strengthen the middle at a critical time.

And I also think it is too early for Fainu to do 80 mins every week. He will burn out quickly and needs 2 or 3 full seasons to get to that level of body strength.

After watching Jake enjoy himself as a ball player in last night's Fiji match, I came back to this post.

There is no reason why Jake could not move to dummy half whilst Fainu was having a rest. And there is no reason why Jorge couldn't come off the bench (in 14 or whatever) and do several of his hit ups, possibly running off Jake for, say 15 - 20 mins.

The last few years we have struggled in the middle third of the game when the bench were not of the same quality as the starting players. I think that Jorge, with good off season training could fit this bill and strengthen the middle at a critical time.

And I also think it is too early for Fainu to do 80 mins every week. He will burn out quickly and needs 2 or 3 full seasons to get to that level of body strength.
Wow move jake to hooker and move jorge to #14. If this ever happened I would climb the opera house naked

Don’t see Parker as a forward ( sorry) and think we are still light on for backs and expecting “ gun kids” to be instant superstars is a stretch.

I’d still like to see us add a recognised back, even if it means losing a player ( although not sure who).

How old is Josh Schuster and has he definitely signed on with us? Wouldn't he be the one Hasler wants long term in the 6 jumper?
Or is he seen more as a backrower?

How old is Josh Schuster and has he definitely signed on with us? Wouldn't he be the one Hasler wants long term in the 6 jumper?
Or is he seen more as a backrower?
reports from people in the know say he is being considered as a centre to begin his career but I definitely see him moving to the forwards down the track

Personally I think we are in a very solid position and i've taken some latitude considering the Prime Ministers 13 as an Australian rep:
Turbo - Australian rep
Jorge - Samoan rep
Reuben Garrick - Australian rep (9's and PM)
Parker - Australian rep (PM's)
Suli - If not for his injury would be playing for Tonga
Walker - Australian rep 2018 (PM's)
DCE - Australian Rep
Jake - Australian rep
Sironen - probably would have scored a rep jumper but for injury
Thommo - solid but no rep (soul of the team)
AFB - Tongan rep
Fainu - _ would have been Tongan rep but for injury
Kapow- NZ rep

So all but two are international rep players. Add to that Schuster, young Hoppa, Burbo, Brayden Musgrove, Metcalf, Funa (another rep), Sam Smith (Des has high regard of him) and Cust in the backs and then Keppie, young Fainu, Paseka, Boyle, Olakau'atu and TREX (who is now listed on our team page) and we are looking pretty damn good for 2020 but, I still think 2021 will be the year of another premiership.

I guess the issue is that Josh Schuster just recently won the player of the year for SG Ball. He did that playing five eighth not in the back row. He was probably the primary factor that got Manly SG Ball to the grand final. He was earlier wasted in the forwards in the U 18s SOO where he played only 42 minutes. The kid has five eighth like talents, not bruising go forward characteristics. Maybe centre to start but this kid would be wasted in the forwards.

Wow move jake to hooker and move jorge to #14. If this ever happened I would climb the opera house naked

That's thinkin' outside the box moving Jurbo to hooker. Maybe for the first 15-20 minutes of the first half. Fainu can continue his bench role which has been a success. Jurbo certainly has the ball skills and defence for the hooking role. It would be short term, first quarter of the season. Imagine the front row of ABF, Taupau & Jake.....scary stuff! Josh McGuire has played a similar role with Samoa, and Jake would be way better at it than Josh McGrubire.

Lots of crazy options thrown up for hooker. I'd like to see Manase spend the off season working with Mattty Ballin, with a view to him getting as close to an 80 min hooker as possible. The longer he is on the field the better we will go.

Jake and Tom have already been upgraded on their existing contracts for next season to 900 k and one mil respectively . I know that the Bulldogs were previously and apparently prepared to offer them both big contracts but doubt that they or any other club could afford much more then their upgraded contract value now , especially in Tom"s instance . Maybe or most likely there is just some finalization to conclude over the length of their next Manly deal . Both on very serious money now and will be in the future with Manly and really can not see a valid reason for them to be lured else where and with their stated position as very committed local juniors .

hi all my 1st post iam 62 sea eagle supporter almost 60 years 2 things i wish ,manly must sign the Torbos for the next 10 years or more NOW and sign the pommy thompson , 1 thing i know we always win a grand final with a tough pommy forward ,you can never have enough big men.

Welcome aboard ... we have had some great pom forwards over the years

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4