Scott Penn

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Did he have his stadium plans with him? Or does he just pull them out after a couple of losses in RD 3 or 4?
Seems to me he has taken a carbon sheet to Tim Cleary's greeting the fans style. But fair is fair you can't knock him for caring and getting out there, a very noble gesture and it goes someway to getting the fans back onside.

He was with Abbott in the Jane Try stand

Did you thank him and Tony for the wonderful grandstand on the hill which kept everyone out of the rain?
Abbott is old news he needs to work on Aunt Gladys and John Barilaro Premier and Vice Premier both Manly fans.

I remember my dad telling me of a game like that against Newtown in the late 70's, it was his first Rugby League match after moving from the UK and that is the moment and match where he fell in love with the Sea Eagles and Rugby League
If memory serves me correct, we played the Jets in a game in 1983 Brookvale and the weather was just like tonights game. I remember sitting in the Fulton Menzies stand shivering as the rain did not let up, we had a big win that day 24-2 and it was the last time we ever played Newtown at Brookvale in a first grade fixture.

If memory serves me correct, we played the Jets in a game in 1983 Brookvale and the weather was just like tonights game. I remember sitting in the Fulton Menzies stand shivering as the rain did not let up, we had a big win that day 24-2 and it was the last time we ever played Newtown at Brookvale in a first grade fixture.
May have been the one. My folks moved from London to Brisbane in 74, hated brisbane so packed up and ended up in Curl Curl in the late 70's. My brother would have been at Freshie High or heading there soonish in 1983, so that probably matches up as it was my brother who dragged him there based on all the kids at school loving league and my brother getting into it. As he tells the story he was sitting at the scoreboard end corner on the hill side, right on the fence, where the fence to the family area is now, and he remembers manly just storming through them covered in mud and scoring in front of him and thinking "How is this not the most popular spectator game in the world, its tough and its entertaining"

May have been the one. My folks moved from London to Brisbane in 74, hated brisbane so packed up and ended up in Curl Curl in the late 70's. My brother would have been at Freshie High or heading there soonish in 1983, so that probably matches up as it was my brother who dragged him there based on all the kids at school loving league and my brother getting into it. As he tells the story he was sitting at the scoreboard end corner on the hill side, right on the fence, where the fence to the family area is now, and he remembers manly just storming through them covered in mud and scoring in front of him and thinking "How is this not the most popular spectator game in the world, its tough and its entertaining"
My memory of that day is the thunder and lightning that day. We had a very good team in 83 and back in those days you braved the elements and put up with crap weather. I can remember some awful weather days at Belmore, Leichhardt, Lidcombe etc. You had your brolly and raincoat and you grinned and bore it. Today I am way to precious I sit in the comfort of the Fulton Menzies stand under cover with a great view of the game.

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
Right at 3pm it started pissing down and I was contemplating just leaving my 6 year old at school instead of picking her up @:D
The funny thing is we had biblical weather at the same time, hail 80kmh winds and heavy rain, I felt a certain solidarity as I sat in the TV kamer with my laptop, sipping coffee in my hoodie dry as a bone watching the game

I Remember going to a game vs Cows in lightning ,thunder , torrential rain. Crowd was between 2k-3k. Sat in the Southern stand (pre Fulton Menzies) name. One of the few times I've ever sat in the stands.

The things is, clubs don't make money from gate taking anyway. As long as the game is making billions from sponsorship and TV rights, we'll be fine. The club operates at a loss to host the game, but get more than enough back from grants.

Goon on Penn for getting out there and connecting with the fans.

This is a bit of a falsity.

The clubs can operate at a loss for a game but only if they do not include membership money and sponsorship money, both of which are directly linked to the actual game.

the 4 thousand fans last night just at $25 a pop brings in 100K

I see via a friend of mine who is a relative of Scott that he got married in New York over the weekend.

Attachments

• D8806820-006C-44A3-A54A-BB632B494A2D.jpeg
    D8806820-006C-44A3-A54A-BB632B494A2D.jpeg
    86.2 KB · Views: 91
  • A869F93C-E1B2-455E-AD1B-DCD7B08F8F83.jpeg
    A869F93C-E1B2-455E-AD1B-DCD7B08F8F83.jpeg
    141 KB · Views: 92
I see via a friend of mine who is a relative of Scott that he got married in New York over the weekend.

I’m Facebook friends with Scott, and saw that , along with photos of his parents and sons attending.

Im guessing the divorce from number 1 was completed.

Sincerely though I wish him all the best.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8