Schuster or Foran for 5/8th 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Schuster or Foran, 5/8th in 2022

• Foran

Votes: 91 65.0%
  • Schuster

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
As I kept telling the numbnuts ..
Garrick would come good ..But let's not go all fanboi.. he has become a very good 1st grade winger .. and an adequate fill in fullback.

But he is no Tommy, tedesco, or even Latrine ... he's not ripping teams apart. ...

What he is doing is holding down his job ... and ensuring we don't fall apart without Tommy.

Rarely are razzle dazzle footballers (particularly halves) ever elite. They’re exciting and they do freakish things but they’re rarely ever elite. If you look at the biggest superstars the game has seen, they’ve always been measured in their approach.

I worry about the Harlem Globetrotter in Schu when it comes to playing in the halves. I can only really think of Marshall as a half that was able to make a career out of flamboyance in a position that demands discipline and control.

As it stands, in the back row, he gets 1/3 of the touches he would get at 6 and most weeks last year, there were talking points about some silly plays that needed to be ironed out of his game. The law of averages suggest that more touches equal more silly plays.

I would proceed with caution if I was Manly.
Very valid point.

Snake you are also suggested that moving forward Man need to freshen things up a bit.

Just talking footy where do you see the Shoes best spot, in a more mobile, line speed driven squad.

Edit. Disregard. Inbetween pages 7-14 I found you saying you see him best at back row or Lock.

Last edited:
As I kept telling the numbnuts ..
Garrick would come good ..But let's not go all fanboi.. he has become a very good 1st grade winger .. and an adequate fill in fullback.

But he is no Tommy, tedesco, or even Latrine ... he's not ripping teams apart. ...

What he is doing is holding down his job ... and ensuring we don't fall apart without Tommy.
And converting at over 85%…..

Garrick has come leaps and bounds. But best winger in the comp is a long stretch.. and I mean long. He is a solid first grader with pace, and can goalkick. Addo Carr, To'o, Tupou, Nofoaluma, Feldt etc. To name a few are above him id say
Not saying he’s the best winger but I’d have him over the last 3 you mentioned any day. His value to the team is way much more.

Not saying he’s the best winger but I’d have him over the last 3 you mentioned any day. His value to the team is way much more.
Yeah because he can play fullback.. where the others don't or can't. But solely as a winger and a winger alone.. I have to disagree. I like Garrick though. I'm glad he is here. I'm just giving my opinion, without any bias. In a few years time the topic may be revisiting, he is getting better every year. But for mine he hasn't hit their level yet. Players like nofo and that have strong carries, break tackles and are good finishers. At the moment, garrick does well at the latter. Good goal kicker though, I give him that

To be fair the reports about schusters management and his spot in the team have been coming out since Foran first signed with us..
I get that you can’t trust everything you read in the paper, but generally in league where there’s smoke, there’s fire, and we’ve read a few times now about this same situation

If Schuster wants to play 5/8, he’ll have to be more disciplined with his physical conditioning for the rest of his career given his natural body type. You see Foran running the ball to the line hard and fast time and time again. Will be hard for Schuster to do that if his fitness is not exceptional

I'm not too sure what to make of that. lol

journo: what about those reports about promises made to josh?
des: where'd you read that?
j" herald
d: you believe everything you read? and we don't discuss any of that in these media forums so gfy.

- I'm not overly concerned about the shuster 'situation'

Very valid point.

Snake you are also suggested that moving forward Man need to freshen things up a bit.

Just talking footy where do you see the Shoes best spot, in a more mobile, line speed driven squad.

Edit. Disregard. Inbetween pages 7-14 I found you saying you see him best at back row or Lock.
That's not to say I don't think he could make a fist of 6 but I think there'd (a) be some teething problems and (b) he'd need to play with the right kind of 7 that can organise things.

I reckon he'd come in and provide some real highlights but there'd be some costly errors at crucial times that would really test the patience of many on this forum 😂

I find what drives a lot of people's interest is the unknown and people are anxious to see what he can offer but thankfully, the people that make these important decisions are more measured and they get a good look at training and tend to err on the side of caution when it comes to rushing rookies into crucial positions.

It's also important to take note of the following:
Sam Walker
Tom Dearden
Toby Sexton
Kyle Flanagan
Jake Averillo
Jake Clifford
Lachlan Ilias
Chanel Harris-Tevita
Brad Schneider
Not one of them is consistently dominant and many have gone backwards when given the reins. I'm not saying Schuster is not a better prospect than most of the players on that list but it's very important to understand the position we'd be asking the kid to play. It won't be an overnight success.

Sam Walker
Tom Dearden
Toby Sexton
Kyle Flanagan
Jake Averillo
Jake Clifford
Lachlan Ilias
Chanel Harris-Tevita
Brad Schneider
Not one of them is consistently dominant and many have gone backwards when given the reins. I'm not saying Schuster is not a better prospect than most of the players on that list but it's very important to understand the position we'd be asking the kid to play. It won't be an overnight success.
Best case scenario Shoe has 15+ games as a fill in 1/2 and 50+ 1st grade games before he is asked to take the reigns full time. So many good prospects on that list, almost all of them have had setbacks due to being overly relied upon before they were ready. I love the gentle approach Des has with our younger players. A baptism of fire is almost always a case of 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Sam Walker
Tom Dearden
Toby Sexton
Kyle Flanagan
Jake Averillo
Jake Clifford
Lachlan Ilias
Chanel Harris-Tevita
Brad Schneider
All very valid with the players dominating consistently, however there are once in a generation type players, Nathan Cleary for example dominated at 18-19 years of age in the top grade.

Schuster in my mind is a once in a generation type player and at 20 with the size and skill he has I believe he can dominate the game with his play making, kicking and organising he will need a good number 7 who can control and kick.

The left attacking edge against the eels, Schuster was a handful and we looked likely in scoring each time the ball went there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4