Schuster or Foran for 5/8th 2022

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Schuster or Foran, 5/8th in 2022

• Foran

Votes: 91 65.0%
  • Schuster

Votes: 52 37.1%
  • Walker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Croker

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

XV-1

First Grader
I would like to know Silvertails opinion on Schuster playing 5/8th in 2022 or sticking with Foran.

For my thinking, Foran had a really good year in 2021 , however he is not going to get any better in 2022.

However Schuster is something special and imo should be given the opportunity to play 5/8th in 2022.
He has so much upside and Foran can continue to support Schuster, perhaps play from the bench.

Schuster to 5/8.

Foz should play a limited minutes utility roll ala Benji in 2022.

Walker to left-center with some license to roam in attack.

Lawton to starting left second row and Parker into Lawtons utility roll.

Most important of all: There should never be a single prop on the Field.

Also MAKE THIS A POLL

I would like to see Josh Schuster get a chance at 5/8 and have Foran coming off the bench to help manage games and cover the halves.

I think we have to used Keiran more selectively as he ages.
If that's the case @sheridanstand78 , and we start with Schuster at 5/8 and Foran on the bench, then we need to make more changes to the team composition. If Foran is the bench utility, covering halves/hooker, then we should drop Harper and put Walker back into right centre. With Foran on the bench we absolutely cannot have another utility there as well. Lawton could potentially start at left second row, but we would definitely need another backrower on the bench. Potentially Bullemore could be that player, but he would need to play at least 40 minutes, and not the 20 minute cameos that Lawton was playing from that slot. The last two spots on the bench go to Aloiai and Sipley/Woods, with Paseka and Keppie starting.
Leaves us with this :
1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Walker
5. Saab
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Keppie
11. Ola'katau
12. Lawton
13. Jake
14. Foran
15. Bullemore
16. Aloiai
17. Sipley
18. Woods

Schuster to 5/8.

Also MAKE THIS A POLL

Done

One thing I don't want to see is Schuster off the bench.

He is almost guaranteed too try too hard to make an impact in limited minutes, and produce even more errors than he does now....a la Croker in previous seasons.

If that's the case @sheridanstand78 , and we start with Schuster at 5/8 and Foran on the bench, then we need to make more changes to the team composition. If Foran is the bench utility, covering halves/hooker, then we should drop Harper and put Walker back into right centre. With Foran on the bench we absolutely cannot have another utility there as well. Lawton could potentially start at left second row, but we would definitely need another backrower on the bench. Potentially Bullemore could be that player, but he would need to play at least 40 minutes, and not the 20 minute cameos that Lawton was playing from that slot. The last two spots on the bench go to Aloiai and Sipley/Woods, with Paseka and Keppie starting.
Leaves us with this :
1. Turbo
2. Garrick
3. Parker
4. Walker
5. Saab
6. Schuster
7. DCE
8. Paseka
9. Croker
10. Keppie
11. Ola'katau
12. Lawton
13. Jake
14. Foran
15. Bullemore
16. Aloiai
17. Sipley
18. Woods
Foran at his age adds absolutely nothing as a 14. He either starts or is not in the 17. Prop rotation and bench composition is the problem.

Schuster to 5/8.

Also MAKE THIS A POLL
I like your thinking but would leave Lawton as the utility because I want a bigger impactful second rower (maybe Davey, Garner or that new Brisse kid) That leaves Harper and Paker to compete for a centre spot. Maybe that means Foran is out or perhaps plays a bit start of the year and we transition

Love Foz but don't think he plays past 2022, Schuster is our future and we need to move him in around midway thru next season. Can't keep a young half like him with so much potential locked onto one side of the field. His best game was the first Parra game at number 6.

Foran at his age adds absolutely nothing as a 14. He either starts or is not in the 17. Prop rotation and bench composition is the problem.
I tend to agree. My preference would be Schuster starting as centre, then shifting to five eight after 50 minutes or so, with Foran going to the bench. The bench composition that we have right now makes that a difficult proposition. If we are going to maintain Walker as our 14, and this looks highly likely, then we simply can't have two utilities on the bench, and give Schuster consistent game time as five eight as well. It might mean Walker comes on for Jake, then shifting to centre when Schuster goes to five eight? We could start Lawton or Bullemore as left second row. It's probably better to start Lawton, and then bring in Bullemore at the same time as Walker. The one two punch effect from that dual interchange would be pretty impactful to say the least. The prop rotation is maintained exactly as Des is doing now. By the time we bring Keppie and Paseka back on in the second half, we have used 6 interchanges. It's complicated but it's also completely doable. Thoughts?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2