• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

blitzkrieg

Reserve Grader
"Only in America" Files.....

Sav Rocca is in legal hot water in the US and it has nothing to do with the former AFL star's work visa problems.

A woman has filed a lawsuit against Rocca and his former NFL team, the Philadelphia Eagles, claiming she suffered "severe, diverse and permanent injuries" after Rocca kicked a ball into the stands during a fan appreciation night at Philadelphia's Lincoln Financial Field on August 2, 2009.

The lawsuit claims Rocca directed a fan to throw the ball back to him, but the fan's throw "missed, causing the football to directly strike" Debra A Campana who was sitting in, or about, the third row from the field.

Ms Campana suffered a left forearm and wrist displaced fracture, other injuries and "severe physical pain, mental anguish and humiliation", the lawsuit claims.

Ms Campana's lawyer alleges the Eagles were careless, reckless and negligent and failed to have procedures and personnel in place to return footballs retrieved from the stands.

Rocca, who was signed by the Washington Redskins last week, was a punter on the Philadelphia Eagles between 2007 and 2010.

Ms Campana is seeking "in excess" of $US75,000 ($71,976.97).

Rocca, the Philadelphia Eagles and The Eagles Charitable Foundation are named as defendants in the lawsuit.

Rocca was expected to join his Redskins teammates this week in Virginia for pre-season training, but has been stranded in Australia unable to secure a US work visa.

Redskins special teams coach Danny Smith said today Rocca had sent a message to the team saying he expects to have his visa and be in the US by Saturday night.

The Redskins' first pre-season game is against the Pittsburgh Steelers on August 12.

Lol, good luck lady. She ain't gettin a dime outta Sav or the Eagles.

Re: Sav though, decent pick up by the Skins. I was surprised the Eagles let him go as he really found some form under the new Eagles ST coach, Bobby April. Guess we didn't think of him as a long term option & took a rookie we liked when he was available.

Sav's got a massive boot but really struggles with consistency, one punt he'll drop a 50yrd punt on the 5yrd line & have it drop dead then the next punt he'll pooch it out at the 30 when your struggling in your own RZ - his nickname in Philly was 'Shankosaurus' which was owed mostly to his early form with us. He is quite physical though (for a punter) & likes to get in the mix on returns, he doesn't have much form but the effort is there.

Funny tidbit - I only knew that Sav Rocca played AFL when he signed with the Eagles. To this day I dont even know what AFL team he played for (though I'd struggle to name all the AFL teams in the league).

Collingwood and Roos I believe

Surely his nickname should be "Battered"

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4