Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Nobody is surprised and many are past caring. Another nail in the coffin of rugby league.
Rugby league will never die. But fans of certain clubs will become bitter and twisted. Think Wests and Norths fans in the 80s, Eel fans over the ages, Titans fans (lol)
Is it Manly's turn to be dismayed at the non-level playing field? Yes, we had that during the Barrett years but it's over, so relax, we can exploit this and compete - and defeat! - the favoured clubs. Manly's history and culture is that we strive to win and we get there. Regularly.

Rugby league will never die. But fans of certain clubs will become bitter and twisted. Think Wests and Norths fans in the 80s, Eel fans over the ages, Titans fans (lol)
Is it Manly's turn to be dismayed at the non-level playing field? Yes, we had that during the Barrett years but it's over, so relax, we can exploit this and compete - and defeat! - the favoured clubs. Manly's history and culture is that we strive to win and we get there. Regularly.

It’s still a ****ing Rort!!!

How the **** is this shoulder injury not pre-existing ?
Matai and Stewarts were deemed to be pre-existing ( probably a fair call tbh).

Consistency is as over-rated as ever.

Same with Choc. How anyone found his knee injury to be "new" is anyone's guess. Even worse given that the doctor who signed off on it on behalf of the NRL was actually Manly's club doctor when Choc was here. Everyone knew that his medical retirement was nothing more than to get the Worms out of the $hit that was their salary cap rorting. Even QBE refused to pay out because they believed it was a pre-existing injury.

And I still say that not allowing Stewart and Matai to be medically retired was more because of the salary cap witch hunt going on at the time than it was any belief that their injuries were pre-existing. It was a way to punish without being seen as punishing.

Not allowing Snake and Skivvy to be medically retired effectively gave Manly 3 straight years of having a reduced salary cap with the first year also having to have less players available due to them taking up 2 spots. It shows the quality in the club that we made the Finals in 2 of those 3 years, though we almost got our first wooden spoon as well.

Last edited:
So, do you think our owners will have the balls to rail against this latest NRL rort?
Or will they accept it meekly like they have done so often in recent years and continue to let the NRL corrupt the fairness of the sport?

This is yet another disgraceful decision by Greenturds team! The Vermin get away with this fully knowing that Sambo had a dodgy shoulder and that now enables them to either sight Arrow from the Tits or Mitchell from the Rorters, If that bald headed zit says one more time that this is a level playing field for every club, its just another piece of his integrity shredded!!

So, do you think our owners will have the balls to rail against this latest NRL rort?
Or will they accept it meekly like they have done so often in recent years and continue to let the NRL corrupt the fairness of the sport?
They’ll take option 2 in the hope that the NRL will allow them to do the same thing in the future.

They’ll take it up the a... like they’ve been doing for years , can’t afford to “ rock the boat”.

Surely the medical insurance was knocked back. Hence souths having to pay the contract out by hiring him for the next ten years or so to make the money he should have gotten from the medical retirement..

At least that total corrupt rort of a decision has saved me approx $190 a year. I'm cancelling my watchnrl account and will get the games 'other' ways.

It's a digital world peeps and we're all just binary-ing our time in it.

Now, to put that money towards something good, like Manly's 2020 premiership gear!

edit: Done! Ahhhh, so liberating.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4