Sam Verrils facing 2 weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yep I don't think two weeks is too much when you have broken a guy's nose with the point of your shoulder. Considering it would have only been one week if he'd taken the plea it really was a pretty light charge.

Really the only reason for it being an issue at all is because they're about to go into a must-win final with so many players out. Given the dream run the Roosters have had over the past decade I really don't feel sorry for them at all that they've finally had some bad luck. I just wish the Storm would get their share too.
The inconsistency is that fines are levied on similar tackles. Plus, there was no malice in the tackle. I'd suggest if Kelly had maintained possession the play would have continued without anybody noticing.

The NRL’s match review committee has defended its decision to level a charge against Sam Verrills which could cost him his season, claiming his contact was more forceful than another tackle from Junior Paulo and the Roosters hooker had “no mitigating factors”.

I think sanity prevailed for this.

Disappointing for Verrills to be sure, but he was going in to hit, above the ball, leading with a shoulder - and that carries a risk of it going wrong in that split-second hit window.

They have been emphasising danger of hits to the head this year and cracking down - and he broke Brain Kelly's nose after all - he obviously got him flush with a hit that would see Kelly miss games.
Nailed it.

Robbo is a part of the MRC and not a part of the judiciary process that judges the offence right? I guess you were just joking.
Correct. He is MRC which does grade all the offences. It's only when someone is challenging that grading do they go to the judiciary. They are completely separate.
Even Dumb ass Paul Kent last night was banging on about it saying people like Ben Creigh should not be on the judiciary panel as an ex player cos they have no idea about the rules. For some reason Kent thinks any ex player in a position of power should NOT be there and they are completely uneducated in their field. I'm pretty sure they have a lot more idea than he or most others do!

Correct. He is MRC which does grade all the offences. It's only when someone is challenging that grading do they go to the judiciary. They are completely separate.
Even Dumb ass Paul Kent last night was banging on about it saying people like Ben Creigh should not be on the judiciary panel as an ex player cos they have no idea about the rules. For some reason Kent thinks any ex player in a position of power should NOT be there and they are completely uneducated in their field. I'm pretty sure they have a lot more idea than he or most others do!
But but Kent played one NRL game!!

All jokes aside your bro is doing a pretty good job.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6