Sam Harris should be released

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

silver

Reserve Grader
I have been saying for a long time this Sam Harris should be released. He came on the filed on Sunday and was as useful tits on a bull!

So much hype about him and yet he has delivered zilch. The only time he showed some promise was when his contract was up for renewal.

Has he ever been chekced for a heart??? Cut him loose, give some younger player with some ticker and determination a go and let go of this bludger.

If I hear one more time the words he needs time or potential in reference to him I'll throw up. :evil:

he is playing a defensive game. It doesnt look like the new way Manly play suit his game. He is an attacking player but plying in a defensive line.

I am willing to give him another few rounds to show us something as he isnt doing any damage at the moment

I don't think anyone let the side down on the weekend. All gave 100 if not 110%. But your entitled to your opinion just like the rest of us. He does have a few ordinary days but credit where cridits due. This week was not one of them.

I was very dissapointed with his first two games but thought he was solid last week and wonderful in the last 10 minutes when it really counted.

He made some last gasp tackles and clutch tackles which were very important in the overall context of the game. I'd sonner see King in PL next week than Harris.

Harris is going OK, not every player is going to be at their best every single week of the year. It is a long season!

I thought his defence was very good. No problems there. He has obviously worked hard at this aspect of his game.

What surprises me is his lack of penetration in attack. He seems to lack mobility and is not anywhere near as fast as in the past. He made some good metres as a bash and barge merchant but did not ever look like running into a gap or making a break. He seems to drop on contact where a guy like Watmough is able to carry the defenders several metres backwards when tackled.

Stats make Sam's game appear acceptable but I did not think he was particularly dominant when I viewed the game at the ground.

I am for giving him another month. He reminded me a bit of Terry Randall (probably his hair cut) and could be the goods.

His tackling on sunday was great. He just threw himself time and time again at the opponents.

I agree that his attack has been weak this year to date

I'd rather Glenn Stewart...

Better in defence, alot more mobile, can offload and knows how to run in holes...with pace! Can also break the line.

ive said earlier that sam doesnt make any inroads in attack, he always drops like a gun has hit him, hes big enough, he should b running over guys, orford dropped him straight down on weekend

calling for him to be released is a tad premature. we need depth and we also need to think of life after Beaver & BK, I think he goes ok although his attack seems to be lacking slightly.

Glenn Stewart is nipping at his heels thats for sure, we need that healthy competition for spots. Getting rid of him reduces the competition for spots.

He has gone from a centre,to back row to prop in the space of a couple of seasons....The poor fellow doesn't know if he is arthur or marther. Give him time he is a fine prospect.He played with injury last year and it showed,pretty poor to release him when he has put the club first.

I don't know. The team is winning and he's part of it. Going OK as far as i'm concerned.
<span class='smallblacktext'>[ Edited Tue Mar 29 2005, 08:58PM ]</span>

his performances have been decent this season. He just needs some more pace when he hits up. I notice Kingy walks up as well.. Both big guys should run harder at the attack.. ie.. Lulu

Look guys - it's obvious Harris rises under pressure (hence form improvement around contract negotiation time). With Glenn Stewart coming back from injury, he will have to KEEP his spot this year. Last year it is a proven fact that he had to play injured because we lacked depth. This is a problem we no longer have!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4