Sam Burgess To Quit Bunnies

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Related article:

England rugby denies approach to South Sydney's Sam Burgess

February 3, 2014 - 11:33AM
Brad Walter

England rugby union officials have denied approaching South Sydney star Sam Burgess, and say it would be up to him if he wanted to switch codes before next year's World Cup.

Burgess is understood to have discussed the idea of returning home to play in the Rugby World Cup while in England for the rugby league version of the event late last year and he has been linked to Bath.

Click here to read the full article.

So the News Ltd papers say that they did approach him but the SMH says that they didn't.

imthinkin6.gif
Hmmm, which one should I believe?

and now the Telegraph is reporting that he is gone at the end of season.

Related article:

South Sydney star Sam Burgess quits NRL for three-year English rugby deal

Iain Payten
The Daily Telegraph
February 06, 2014 10:30AM

SAM Burgess will leave the NRL and sign a three-year deal with English rugby - with the Poms keen to fast-track him into their World Cup plans as a centre.

Following revelations by the Sunday Telegraph last week, the Daily Mail reports the deal is done and Burgess will leave the NRL as soon as the Rabbitohs complete their season.

Click here to read the full article.

How will Sam Burgess do in Rugby?
He will be a success
It will be a failure
Not sure
Vote

They need another option -
How will Sam Burgess do in Rugby?
Don't Care!!!

Shoe1 said:
Good, hope they take the other 3 and his mum. And Nathan Merritt. And the halfback.

That was pretty much my thoughts too except that I was kind of hoping that with him, it was an immediate exit.

Yeah SMH also reporting burgess off to rugby.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/sam-burgess-leaving-rabbitohs-for-english-rugby-report-suggests-20140206-322t4.html

It looks like this will happen, but this will only free Souffs up to make another big purchase because Sam would be on big money. Plus, Souffs will get a transfer fee (probably of $1-M), so it's not a big drama for the Bunnies, imo.
What is amazing is that English rugby think Burgess will help them win the World Cup. They should check with the English rugby league as to their World Cup results with Burgess in the team! And, what position could he play in rugby? Certainly not front row (to tachnical). Second row? perhaps, but lineouts are a big part of this role. Not breakaway (not quick or agile enough). Perhaps lock (but lineout play still important), and certainly he's not nimble enough for a backline position.

The Who said:
What is amazing is that English rugby think Burgess will help them win the World Cup. They should check with the English rugby league as to their World Cup results with Burgess in the team! And, what position could he play in rugby? Certainly not front row (to tachnical). Second row? perhaps, but lineouts are a big part of this role. Not breakaway (not quick or agile enough). Perhaps lock (but lineout play still important), and certainly he's not nimble enough for a backline position.

Reports are inside centre....!

They do keep saying he will be inside centre in rugby.
He does not have the ball skills or footwork (proper footwork) to be a threatening inside centre. He could truck it up over the gain line each play, but acting as a second playmaker for the men outisde him in the backline (a quality that virtually all world class inside centres have nowadays) - he has zero chance of that.

If they groom him for inside centre - he will be one dimensional (and get caught out in defence).

He could develop into a very good no. 8 in no less than 3 years. But he will not be an international standard no. 8 after 12 months of learning rugby.

Its a puzzling recruitment in my opinion.

Whilst Sam Burgess is a quality forward (even though he sux), ball skills don't really seem his forte. So I must say it seems a tad strange to me.

On your bike Burgess. I am sick of these blokes that think they are worth a million a season. I work hard and deserve big dollars too but don't get it. That would take me 12 years or so to achieve in a much more difficult job. Go, there will be another star unearthed. Jake for one and who knows how many more of our current crop of youngsters when given the chance. See ya mate.

Reading this morn, that if Burgess does leave, old Satts says, he should never be allowed back. Satts seems very hurt, maybe he'll be playing Adele's song, "Someone like you", all day.

There goes Souths plan to change there name to South Sydney Burgos

The reports about GI complaining to management when SB missed training due to a media event is ironic.

GI has been feted for so long that he assumes its a right reserved for him alone :dodgy:

The Rabbids can not understand success, so they turn on their best to pull him down to the warren.

Whilst SB is a pig, the one thing I notice is that he is always in the right field position to make the tackle :cool:

HappilyManly said:
The reports about GI complaining to management when SB missed training due to a media event is ironic.

GI has been feted for so long that he assumes its a right reserved for him alone :dodgy:

The Rabbids can not understand success, so they turn on their best to pull him down to the warren.

Whilst SB is a pig, the one thing I notice is that he is always in the right field position to make the tackle :cool:

Sam Burgess is a good player, the NRL should not be held to ransom, go if you want son, not happy with the money, GO. We as a code should not pay overs either, leave that for Union that have trouble attracting players bar for the money they offer. just a shame overall but definitely not the end of the world.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6