Sam Burgess late hit on cherry

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Given the predictable white noise response from NRL and the equally predictable non-response from Sea Eagles, in future maybe we should raise concerns direct to some hard-hitting investigative journos...or if we can't find any such creature, at least to some journos??

They replied...to their credit.

But I did send them a second email querying why I should do their surveys if they wont engage me as a fan.

So I don't know if their response was due to my 'tanty' or if they were just busy.

Either way....they realised I obviously run the northern hemisphere and responded before I sent the Toronto wolfpack down there to sort them out. (lol)

I don't know what the concerning act notice means....if it is like a warning or whatever. In the scheme of things I am glad the nrl responded at least.

What's your secret? haha. Trying to get a competition started on the Chinese mainland, but it's hard with RU already having such a strong presence, especially with expats and universities.

What's your secret? haha. Trying to get a competition started on the Chinese mainland, but it's hard with RU already having such a strong presence, especially with expats and universities.

Err...my apologies. I don't run the northern hemisphere and I don't think the wolfpack are available for enforcing. I was kidding.

I'd suggest to get things going on the mainland is a simple mix of politics and money! Heaps of both.

Good luck!

Err...my apologies. I don't run the northern hemisphere and I don't think the wolfpack are available for enforcing. I was kidding.

I'd suggest to get things going on the mainland is a simple mix of politics and money! Heaps of both.

Good luck!
Globaleagle,

I too wrote to the NRL and got the same response. A lot of 'cut n paste' going on at nrl headquarters.

This is it

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your email.

Every incident is looked at individually and the circumstances considered when it comes to determining whether a charge is necessary. To ensure consistency and fairness in penalties awarded by the Match Review Committee, penalties are awarded according to a pre-determined points system. In looking at how they grade an incident of foul play, the MRC looks, among other things, at the nature and force of the contact.

The MRC examined the incident you refer to but did not believe it warranted a charge or further review.

It is worth noting that player Burgess was given a concerning act notice by the Match Review Committee for his contact with player Cherry-Evans.

While you may not agree with the decision to issue a charge, it is worth noting that the Match Review Committee is an independent body that make their decisions independently of the NRL administration. The current system is one which is supported by players, coaches and officials of the game and our tough stance on dangerous plays means that players are not only penalised for dangerous play but also the potential to cause injury as well.

We share your concerns and be assured that player safety and wellbeing remains a key priority for us.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us and we hope you and your family reconsider your support of Rugby League.

Kind regards

Robert
Supporter Liaison

Once I received that lame response which wreaked of Greenturd cliches I gave him a spray and have now moved on.

Globaleagle,

I too wrote to the NRL and got the same response. A lot of 'cut n paste' going on at nrl headquarters.

This is it

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your email.

Every incident is looked at individually and the circumstances considered when it comes to determining whether a charge is necessary. To ensure consistency and fairness in penalties awarded by the Match Review Committee, penalties are awarded according to a pre-determined points system. In looking at how they grade an incident of foul play, the MRC looks, among other things, at the nature and force of the contact.

The MRC examined the incident you refer to but did not believe it warranted a charge or further review.

It is worth noting that player Burgess was given a concerning act notice by the Match Review Committee for his contact with player Cherry-Evans.

While you may not agree with the decision to issue a charge, it is worth noting that the Match Review Committee is an independent body that make their decisions independently of the NRL administration. The current system is one which is supported by players, coaches and officials of the game and our tough stance on dangerous plays means that players are not only penalised for dangerous play but also the potential to cause injury as well.

We share your concerns and be assured that player safety and wellbeing remains a key priority for us.

Thanks again for taking the time to write to us and we hope you and your family reconsider your support of Rugby League.

Kind regards

Robert
Supporter Liaison

Once I received that lame response which wreaked of Greenturd cliches I gave him a spray and have now moved on.

lol

Almost the same!

Now I don't feel special!

It'd be more hilarious if the reasons weren't such total b/s!

Well.... at least we emailed them! Well done...us! :)

While you may not agree with the decision to issue a charge, it is worth noting that the Match Review Committee is an independent body that make their decisions independently of the NRL administration.

This is probably a candidate for the biggest bald faced pork pie of the century.
So it's a independent body eh, so who funds it, pays the MRC salaries?

Oh, he got a concerning act notice did he!
Player Bigass must be shiiting himself. :finger:

just listened to latest screaming eagles podcast. (Thanks Ben and Billy - great show, you guys really crack me up. Very entertaining but also informative). They said DCE is in trouble as he "neck charged burgess' shoulder!" Love it lol thank you and keep up the great work guys. If anyone on here hasn't heard their show yet, you are missing out.
Thanks mate, much appreciated. We recorded the 50th episode spectacular last night, then computer crashed and we lost the whole thing.... devastating! we'll try the whole thin agains next week.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8