Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Spare me the rubbish about his kids, he has clearly fallen out with Des, probably for being told to pull his head in, so he has thrown his toys out of the pram and got his manager to seek a release. If you believe this is about a move away from Sydney you have rocks in your head. That caveat has been put there to annoy him, because that was part of the excuse. Warriors will spend overs to get him and after seeing how he is carrying on vaping and unfollowing the club, I am glad to see the back of him now. No Dckiheads policy in full effect.
You have NFI what his true motivations are... you are p*ssed off and fair enough but you are putting together some scraps of information and spouting off as tho you know something...
Fact is that he said he wants out of Syd cause he doesnt want his kids to grow up there and it looks like he is off to NZ... last time i looked, NZ was about as far from Sydney as an NRL club gets...
If you want to let loose at him be my guest... but don't pretend that you know what his intentions or motivations are because you, like i, have NFI...

I don't think NZ is all pure and magnificent in terms of a new horizon. They have their own issues over there with culture and unemployment. If it was so damned wonderful, there wouldn't be more NZer's living here than there.
Yes but his 'crew' are not there... circles can become whirlpools...

You have NFI what his true motivations are... you are p*ssed off and fair enough but you are putting together some scraps of information and spouting off as tho you know something...
Fact is that he said he wants out of Syd cause he doesnt want his kids to grow up there and it looks like he is off to NZ... last time i looked, NZ was about as far from Sydney as an NRL club gets...
If you want to let loose at him be my guest... but don't pretend that you know what his intentions or motivations are because you, like i, have NFI...
OK then why is he dissing the club on the way out the door? If it was really about him wanting a better life, then why not be thankful Manly are going to facilitate that for him and say something like "Can't thank Manly enough for allowing me to be released, great club, I am thankful for everything they have done for me" but no he decides to be an immature twat and celebrate while vaping and then unfollows the club on instagram then follows Warriors. I am not annoyed by him I am embarrassed for him. What a knob.

Last edited:
Angus was on 1 million last year, 850k for the next two NoCookies | The Australian

'It is understood the Roosters will pay Crichton $1m for 2019 and then $850,000 a season for 2020 and 2021. The final figure comes to $2.7m. "

Which meant Roosters had 3 players on a million last year, plus Keary, Mitchell and a rep pack including Cordner on 800k

It comes down to TPAs, Manly are not paying DCE the full 1.3m, 300k is from TPA. Think we are over paying Turbos and DCE somewhat, but nothing unusual about 2 players on a million.

It's just that clubs like Melbourne and Roosters generate almost 1 million more above the cap in 3rd party. It's not really a cap is it though if TPAs are unlimited?

Manly are a development club and will be relying on some of the young talent to come through to go along side some of the bigger name players. Enough talent in this side, it's about playing to potential and more consistent

Angus was on 1 million last year, 850k for the next two NoCookies | The Australian

'It is understood the Roosters will pay Crichton $1m for 2019 and then $850,000 a season for 2020 and 2021. The final figure comes to $2.7m. "

Which meant Roosters had 3 players on a million last year, plus Keary, Mitchell and a rep pack including Cordner on 800k

It comes down to TPAs, Manly are not paying DCE the full 1.3m, 300k is from TPA. Think we are over paying Turbos and DCE somewhat, but nothing unusual about 2 players on a million.

It's just that clubs like Melbourne and Roosters generate almost 1 million more above the cap in 3rd party. It's not really a cap is it though if TPAs are unlimited?

Manly are a development club and will be relying on some of the young talent to come through to go along side some of the bigger name players. Enough talent in this side, it's about playing to potential and more consistent
I think Chippy @Chip and Chase said in the Foran thread that most of his alledged contract for 2021 would be TPA , I guess he’s read that somewhere

I said in another thread that I will have a break from silvertails and i'll stick by that, but as we are very much on the annual dce bashing thread today and i've been a little keyboard warrior I will have my last say and leave it at that.

We can't be complacent and keep defending dce anymore. Premiership winner in 2011, nine years ago. Rather than get better with age he has steadily deteriorated since 2014 w/o senior playing group guiding him and organising us, yet occupies the highest contract in nrl history. For about half a decade now he has declined. It worries me that we continue to invest in him.
Everyone jumps to defend dce.

People instantly name drop that he is qld captain, club captain, premiership winner and Australian halfback.
- Yet, he is outplayed by opposition halves almost every week now​
- Outplayed by fogarty and taylor last week. And of late off the top of my head - adam reynolds, jahrome hughes, nathan cleary, Harris-Tevita, Benji Marshall/Brooks, shaun johnson, even the dragons halves incl. Norman (!) have completely outplayed dce this season​

As for Qld captain
- This qld team is probably the worst in the last decade​
- A half/captain for origin/tests plays a less significant role than in an nrl team​
- Few players that have shown any leadership material (eg. only Munster + Papalii)​
- He got completely dropped when the smith, cronk, thurston and slater crew were all there​
- Since becoming captain and whenever dce starts at 7 they've barely had success, have been more disjointed and less resilient​

As for australian halfback
- Should be 4th in the running this season (Keary, Cleary, Wighton well ahead of him)​
- Probably 80% of that has to do with reputation and the complacency of the selectors​

As for club captain
- No sacrifice for the team like all our past captain [no genuine respectability]​
- Other than effort, doesn't lead by example or 'take the reins' as such.​
Im out. Will no doubt resurface once we make a big signing hopefully! Reality is that dce won't ever leave. We are stuck with his reputation no matter how well or how poorly he plays and there is nothing I or anyone can do about it unless we hold him accountable for around 4 years of poor and/or inconsistent and deteriorating quality in the past 6 or so seasons.

Being on the **** list on a supporters forum is a badge of honour mate. Hold your head high , anyone can go with public opinion. Making up your own mind, with what you see despite it being unpopular is a cool trait. Every week i hear blocker talk about cherries superior kicking game . WTF ? Its sad because blocker is cool, but its just a cliche

He is happy gilmore, best kick, **** kicking game and lacks the finesse of the game

Anyways , your a good egg, quality poster not matter what the topic and silvertails will be poorer without you. You add to this community . I come here to talk footy, not idolise , because i live in adelaide and they are dipships when it comes to footy. I cant believe what they call a tackle, well i have lately,

Also Sometimes it feels like a bay city rollers fan club, i just play some blues , gospel or folky styles.

You do realise if we cut DCE we don't 'free up' $1.3M right? What we do have is the same cap hit and still have to find a halfback. Unless another club wants to take on his contract, we're legally obliged to pay it regardless of whether he's on the books or not. If we can get another club to take even 3/4 of the contract I'd say we'd look at it as it frees up ~$900K, but do you think another club will take him for that amount? Not bashing the bloke, he's tried his guts out this season with not a lot to work with, but don't think another club would spend that on him.

What we could do is ask him to restructure his deal. He's certainly not obliged to do so, but worth a shot. I follow the NFL and the way GM's manage their caps and the inventive things they do is quiet interesting. One thing is they often restructure deals in various ways.

Being on the **** list on a supporters forum is a badge of honour mate. Hold your head high , anyone can go with public opinion. Making up your own mind, with what you see despite it being unpopular is a cool trait. Every week i hear blocker talk about cherries superior kicking game . WTF ? Its sad because blocker is cool, but its just a cliche

He is happy gilmore, best kick, **** kicking game and lacks the finesse of the game

Anyways , your a good egg, quality poster not matter what the topic and silvertails will be poorer without you. You add to this community . I come here to talk footy, not idolise , because i live in adelaide and they are dipships when it comes to footy. I cant believe what they call a tackle, well i have lately,

Also Sometimes it feels like a bay city rollers fan club, i just play some blues , gospel or folky styles.
Adelaide? WTF I ain't coming to Adelaide for a beer to chat footy, your going to have to come to God's country. I''ll shout you a beer at Harbord Diggers and we can discuss how good did DCE is
1600738188171.png

You do realise if we cut DCE we don't 'free up' $1.3M right? What we do have is the same cap hit and still have to find a halfback. Unless another club wants to take on his contract, we're legally obliged to pay it regardless of whether he's on the books or not. If we can get another club to take even 3/4 of the contract I'd say we'd look at it as it frees up ~$900K, but do you think another club will take him for that amount? Not bashing the bloke, he's tried his guts out this season with not a lot to work with, but don't think another club would spend that on him.

What we could do is ask him to restructure his deal. He's certainly not obliged to do so, but worth a shot. I follow the NFL and the way GM's manage their caps and the inventive things they do is quiet interesting. One thing is they often restructure deals in various ways.
I actually think Broncos would have a sniff, particularly if Walters gets the gig..

But restructuring his deal is certainly another good option. But do the NRL allow that to happen? I thought another poster on here( can’t remember who sorry) has stated NRL won’t allow restructuring of contracts once lodged..

Manly need to follow the panthers success and develop our own players as penrith don't have many TPA's

Adelaide? WTF I ain't coming to Adelaide for a beer to chat footy, your going to have to come to God's country. I''ll shout you a beer at Harbord Diggers and we can discuss how good did DCE is View attachment 15523

Its really cold and nasty today but i love it. Really easy to get around . Its like the seventies with wifi. A cake shop in adelaide is a blast from the past. Lammos, meringues , vanilla slices, cream buns . Especially where i live in the hills. Only 11 k to the city, 15 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to the country, 20 to the mclaren vale. Bus, train and shops at my door, koalas in my yard, wildlife everywhere Good schools for my son.

Been here 3 years, before that 5 in leichhardt inner west , loved that also, before that briz vegas . That was ok. I sometimes miss sydney , mostly the food, manly games, the ferry ride over,

Ill be there though when things sort itself out. You would be surprised how much travel you can do when you dont buy a house in sydney.
Hanging for some confidence to move freely again

But today its horrible outside,if i could be arsed id light a fire and that picture of gods country is mighty tantalising. I do love it and considered buying there, here or tweed when we decided to relocate

Im a beer hussy @Simonmyers11 if your buying ill tell you anything you want to hear.
DCE is king , best halfback ever , ill have a pint please sir. Your judgement is impeccible. Nice haircut, does dce have a brother who should also play

Until then

Last edited:
I think Chippy @Chip and Chase said in the Foran thread that most of his alledged contract for 2021 would be TPA , I guess he’s read that somewhere

I'm taking a stab in the dark here, but the elderly Manly tragic who passed recently.
Her family is meeting with club officials about a donation to the club, I'm assuming as she was a former sponsor of Fiz that's what it would be.

Its really cold and nasty today but i love it. Really easy to get around . Its like the seventies with wifi. A cake shop in adelaide is a blast from the past. Lammos, meringues , vanilla slices, cream buns . Especially where i live in the hills. Only 11 k to the city, 15 minutes to the beach, 15 minutes to the country, 20 to the mclaren vale. Bus, train and shops at my door, koalas in my yard, wildlife everywhere Good schools for my son.

Been here 3 years, before that 5 in leichhardt inner west , loved that also, before that briz vegas . That was ok. I sometimes miss sydney , mostly the food, manly games, the ferry ride over,

Ill be there though when things sort itself out. You would be surprised how much travel you can do when you dont buy a house in sydney.
Hanging for some confidence to move freely again

But today its horrible outside,if i could be arsed id light a fire and that picture of gods country is mighty tantalising. I do love it and considered buying there, here or tweed when we decided to relocate

Im a beer hussy @Simonmyers11 if your buying ill tell you anything you want to hear.
DCE is king , best halfback ever , ill have a pint please sir. Your judgement is impeccible. Nice haircut, does dce have a brother who should also play

Until then
It's 30 degrees here today bud, water is crystal clear. You know what, if we are lucky we"ll run into DCE at the diggers. You might be 3 pints deep and you can go give him a hug yourself, tell him what a great captain he is (cause if you don't you know I will) ;)

I said in another thread that I will have a break from silvertails and i'll stick by that, but as we are very much on the annual dce bashing thread today and i've been a little keyboard warrior I will have my last say and leave it at that.

We can't be complacent and keep defending dce anymore. Premiership winner in 2011, nine years ago. Rather than get better with age he has steadily deteriorated since 2014 w/o senior playing group guiding him and organising us, yet occupies the highest contract in nrl history. For about half a decade now he has declined. It worries me that we continue to invest in him.
Everyone jumps to defend dce.

People instantly name drop that he is qld captain, club captain, premiership winner and Australian halfback.
- Yet, he is outplayed by opposition halves almost every week now​
- Outplayed by fogarty and taylor last week. And of late off the top of my head - adam reynolds, jahrome hughes, nathan cleary, Harris-Tevita, Benji Marshall/Brooks, shaun johnson, even the dragons halves incl. Norman (!) have completely outplayed dce this season​

And I think you provided reasons why so many defend him.

We have one half, most other teams have two.
Both Fogarty and Taylor were great last week but if there was only one of them and Croker would they have been as effective?
Reynolds has Walker
Hughes has Munster
Cleary has Luai
Harris-Tevita has Nikorima
Benji & Brooks

All of those #6's are well ahead of what Croker provides.

It's 30 degrees here today bud, water is crystal clear. You know what, if we are lucky we"ll run into DCE at the diggers. You might be 3 pints deep and you can go give him a hug yourself, tell him what a great captain he is (cause if you don't you know I will) ;)

From all reports he is a gentlemen and a nice guy. That is often lost when i post purely footy. I think i would feel conflicted and somewhat uncomfortable to be honest . You dont expect to put a face to a jersey when posting .

He might feel a bit uncomfortable also because at 3 pints and 30 deg id be down to me game day undies and pretty chuffed i got my jeans off and kept the mouse in the house.

If he read the forum id tell him i was @Simonmyers11 and you were @jbb/james or @Bring back the.... Biff?

Im a beer playmaker, always thinking 3 moves ahead.
One things for sure though, its his bloody shout no matter who i claim to be

From all reports he is a gentlemen and a nice guy. That is often lost when i post purely footy. I think i would feel conflicted and somewhat uncomfortable to be honest . You dont expect to put a face to a jersey when posting .

He might feel a bit uncomfortable also because at 3 pints and 30 deg id be down to me game day undies and pretty chuffed i got my jeans off and kept the mouse in the house.

If he read the forum id tell him i was @Simonmyers11 and you were @jbb/james or @Bring back the.... Biff?

Im a beer playmaker, always thinking 3 moves ahead.
One things for sure though, its his bloody shout no matter who i claim to be
I can tell you he is a genuine bloke, signed my sons jersey at a footy clinic was was so good with all the kids. Now to get my son Will playing for the Mona vale raiders junior rugby league club and coached by the turbos! :D

Until our roster is managed properly we are going to struggle year in year out. We have 3 players on 3mil +, which is just ridiculous!
We have a 1.3 mil halfback dud
1 mil fullback who can’t finish a season
And a 800k lock who is full of heart but not a game breaker. It’s just way too unbalanced.

We 100% need to shift Dce. He is not a leader, struggles to manage a game and is quite simply a player who divides opinion. Just look at this forum, you are either in the for Dce camp or against Dce camp. I’m guessing the playing group is no different. And that is the exact opposite of what a captain should be.

Think of our last premiership captain J Lyon. I’m pretty sure the players in that side ALL loved him and were willing to bleed for him. Toovey, If you said a bad word about him around M Carrol he’d fuk you up, and that’s 20yrs on. That’s a captain..

Absolutely zero point in purging players that aren’t even first graders, to only bring in players that aren’t first graders.. get rid of Dce and we open up 1.3 mil per season! That’s huge, it brings balance. We could sign 3 quality players for that..

Angus Crighton $500k
Addo Carr $400k
Decent hooker 400k or a young half. These players are just an example..

Or insert players here.
Who do you suppose would be a good young half for 400k?

Mate your making up numbers. But I’ll play your game..
Schuster gets his 5/8th role already on a current contract so zero out of that.
I’d have a huge crack at Lam from the Roosters
Probably get him for 200-300k MAX. 2011 Des proved he can take a rookie half to a premiership.
That leaves 500k in your book.
I’d probably go after Addo Carr to add speed. 500k also covers Turbo.
Add to that that we have the $850k from AFB, I’d get 2 edge backrowers for that. Say Garner and young Sironen. Now our side starts to look balanced.
1. Turbo
2.Ado Car
3. Walker
4.suli/funa/Harper
5. Garrick/funa/Hoppa
6.Shuster
7.Lam
8. Taupau
9. Fainu ( hopefully)
10.paseka
11. B Sironen
12. C Sironen
13. Jake

14.Garner
15. Gosiewski
16. Keppie
17. Cust/ another cheap hooker
Do you think that a rookie half winning in 2011 maybe had something to do with the fact that we had a team stacked with finals experience and a a title 3 years earlier under their belt... ?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4