Sad News and a tribute to Corso_Jan

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Wow, I just saw this

Pete, commiserations to you and your family for the loss of Jan

Like others, I never met her, but had some contact with her over the years on the forums, and she was a terrific person

I wish I could offer more at this time, but the right words really escape me at the moment

It is truly fitting that at the time of her passing, Manly were Champions of the NRL and also the World, which would have given her happiness

Terrible news. Only knew her from a distance, but could feel her passion for this great club. Nothing more I can say, other than it is quite upsetting.

Shocking news. Jody and I want to offer our condolences for Pete and his family.

Jan was a wonderful lady and will be missed by everyone.

Condolences to the "Corso' Family- Manly or not sounded like a wonderful human being- the pain for her family will never be gone, but the pain for her is over - R.I.P.

Condolences to Pete and family.
I can only echo the thoughts of other posters who did not know Jan in saying that she sounded like a wonderful human being.
Very sad news RIP.

Please accept my condolences Pete.

Having also never met Pete or Jan, one thing struck me when reading her posts, and that is that people gravitated to the friendly way she went about communicating with other fans, and just talking about Manly. Friendly and sincere.

With many thanks to Pete I was given the privilege of taking my boys to the Grand Final and we watched the game with Pete and Jan.  I know Jan's attendance was never certain but in hindsight it was great that Jan was able to make the game and that they had this wonderful moment together, to store amongst the many moments they would have shared through the years.

We were seated right behind the goal posts at the end where all the second half tries were scored and Kite crashed over for the try that really sealed the night for us, directly in front of where we sat. 

There is no rhyme or reason to this disease.  But I know that all of us are the poorer for Jan's passing and our thoughts are with PEte and family.

Thoughts are with you Pete, be strong sir and keep the dream alive.
Offering you my sincere condolences,
Tyson

Pete, I'm terribly sorry for your loss.  I would also like to offer my  deepest condolences at this difficult time.

WAMF

Agree good posts Mata & Dan.

There's never an easy way of finding words to say when someone has passed away.

I didn't know Jan nor do i know Pete with that said it's very clear for those who do know them both and have met Jan think very highly of them both.

My condolences goes to Pete and his family during this what can only be a very difficult time.

R.I.P
Jan

Our thoughts are with you Pete and all of the family.

As with many here, we only know you from the forums. From forum posts alone Jan's passion for everything Manly was evident. Being able to share in some of the occassions over the years when the team, club or individual players have added brightness to Jan's struggle has brought a lump to my throat and made me proud to follow Manly.

I have great respect for the manner in which you helped bring supporter factions together in years past through your insistence on playing the ball rather than the man when arguing a point.

We are so glad that Jan was able to experience the grand final win and trust that your family, friends and memories of Jan can get you through this tough time.

Dave & Mel

Peter, I have never met you personally, but feel through these websites I know you well. I have always read your's and Jan's posts with interest. My heart goes out to you and the family.

Steve

I met Corso Pete and Jan quite a few times, they always say "hi' and always big smiles on their faces and happy to be at the game. These two great fans are what makes our club, yes, I love watching the footy but another great factor is catching up with our supporters. Pete, when you read this from all of us, remember the great times you both shared watching the maroon and white, best wishes and strength to you in this tough time, Darren

Thank you to each and everyone of you for your most kind words following Jan’s passing. She would have been astounded by the amount of support she has received from her Manly “family”.

Jan was raised some 70 metres from the harbour beach at Manly. To say that she loved the Manly area and the lifestyle that it provided would an understatement. For Jan any person who come from the “other side” (translation west of the Harbour Bridge) was not normal, how could they be she would say if they did not live on a beach!, the further west they came from the more she would be cynical of them, heaven forbid if they came from as far west as Parramatta!, to her they were simply lost souls and not worthy of speaking of, and as for their football team the term “slime” was most appropriate.

She was not a “footy head” in the sense that most of us on this forum are, she simply loved Manly and their football team.  Every game we went to she would ask me a question as to why they did this or the referee did that (I often didn’t have an answer for the referee other than he was stupid and got it wrong)

Jan was first diagnosed with Breast Cancer some 5 ½ years ago. In that time she would have missed only 3 or 4 games at Brookvale as well as attending many away games, particularly the interstate ones. She was simply determined to not missing games at Brookvale. During our trips away we met many people who similarly enjoyed our passion, without exception we found each Manly fan we met friendly and happy to share a drink or a cab to the ground, Manly fans are simply something special and for me are what makes this club what it is.

Since being diagnosed with Breast Cancer Jan received great support from not only the supporters but also a number of players, Solomon Haumono and Adam Cuthbertson in particular. Jan first met Solo when she first went through chemotherapy and he spoke to her on a number of occasions during her chemo treatments, urging her to continue when at times giving up would have been an easier option.. Solo would always seek Jan out when the team did their traditional walk around the ground when they won.

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that Adam Cuthbertson also had a soft spot for Jan. You may recall that in the match at the Gold Coast last year Adam wore a pink headgear that was later auctioned on E-Bay with the proceeds going to Breast Cancer research. Jan was particularly touched by this gesture and she asked me to thank him for wearing when I got to the post match function as she was not well enough to go to that game. I did get to speak to Adam that night but he spoke by phone longer to Jan, than he spoke to me. Jan was thrilled to speak with Adam that night, but it did not end there. A short time later a signed photograph of Adam arrived from that match, signed “to Jan, my biggest fan”. Adam kept in contact and shortly before Christmas last year he visited Jan in our home and presented her with his signed match worn jersey from that match on the Gold Coast.

I am so proud that Dan has established the Silvertails tipping competition in Jan’s honour. It will be a fitting memorial for a person who only wanted one thing, and that was for Manly to win, and that is something that everyone that uses this forum would all agree with.

[img=245x400]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v157/Corso_Pete/crop9.jpg[/img]

crop8.jpg

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8