#sackpennandco

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details

Has the Penns destroyed our club culture and need to leave before a true rebuild can happen ?

• Yes

Votes: 38 73.1%
  • No

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • They are not the issue

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
I’m not sure who it was but you mentioned an offer in another post.

I think it was $15 million and the Penns knocked it back.

It was from people associated with Max but not Max’s money.
They didn’t offer $15million that’s what the Penns believe the club to be worth even without a leagues club!! I think (and hope) they are joking though.

Other offers have been put to the table of substantial amounts and they keep refusing.

Not many investors would want to buy into Manly without a leagues club to help with junior development and now everything needs to be self funded. Yet they still say they want $20mill!!! Sheesh!

Proves it’s all about the profit

And therein lies the problems this club has had in its office for every year since the “ good sort” comment.

Who in their right mind, beer goggles or not, would suggest Zorb is a good sort?
C01221E3-C706-4070-AF04-BE5FF1715DE8.jpeg

I can’t believe that people here want to risk our future on some Arab owners who couldn’t give a rats about our team or culture.

They want to have a bit of fun seeing what it would be like to own a NRL team and when that stops being fun and they realise they are losing money every year (even Souths don’t seem to be in the black) then the for sale sign goes up and Florimo and his other Norths no hopers throw in an offer and there goes our licence and club forever.

They’re the last people I’d sell to.

There’s been offers put to the Penns from people who love Manly over the last few years and they keep knocking them back. Mainly because they’re involved with Delmege.

I’d love to see Kaspersky and URM combine to buy and then they can offer a 3rd to Quantum or Delmege backed people after they buy.

We need the club to stay in control of Manly people, people who know our culture and know we aren’t a popularity contest. Someone who’s not going to dump us if they find out how unpopular we are with the masses.

If only the Penns sold to the offer from the group, @Mrs D spoke about.

Thanks Penns for trying to help but you seem to be the main problem.

Everyone who deals with you either leaves or gets sacked.
I agree with your sentiments but my understanding is that Kaspersky's CEO, Cheung is a backer of the North Sydney Bears. So i don't want to back a Trojan, no pun intended.

Realistically without them we might not have a club, so whilst I agree they are part of the issue I’m hoping things might turn around.

If what I hear is true Mr Fluffy might have had other more important things to deal with in 2018 so probably put us on the back burner.

As to if he’s “ moved on” or not I don’t know , if he has maybe we’ll see a more involved owner in 2019.
It’s not an excuse but you are right Mark. He’s going through something that would sap most peoples energy.

But that’s why you employ people like Gorman I suppose. One of the most important things leadership requires is to employ the right people and trust them to do a job. The ability to delegate is underrated, especially if you are under pressure from personal issues.Unfortunately I don’t think that’s happening at Manly.

The ability to delegate is underrated, especially if you are under pressure from personal issues.Unfortunately I don’t think that’s happening at Manly.
Incorrect. We've been delegating two competition points to our opponents all season.

I can’t believe that people here want to risk our future on some Arab owners who couldn’t give a rats about our team or culture.

They want to have a bit of fun seeing what it would be like to own a NRL team and when that stops being fun and they realise they are losing money every year (even Souths don’t seem to be in the black) then the for sale sign goes up and Florimo and his other Norths no hopers throw in an offer and there goes our licence and club forever.

They’re the last people I’d sell to.

There’s been offers put to the Penns from people who love Manly over the last few years and they keep knocking them back. Mainly because they’re involved with Delmege.

I’d love to see Kaspersky and URM combine to buy and then they can offer a 3rd to Quantum or Delmege backed people after they buy.

We need the club to stay in control of Manly people, people who know our culture and know we aren’t a popularity contest. Someone who’s not going to dump us if they find out how unpopular we are with the masses.

If only the Penns sold to the offer from the group, @Mrs D spoke about.

Thanks Penns for trying to help but you seem to be the main problem.

Everyone who deals with you either leaves or gets sacked.

What ****ing nonsense

The FC would still exist and there's no relocation, rebranding or anything that changes the very fabric of the club without their say so

The PENNS CANNOT RELOCATE US NOR CAN ANY PRIVATE ENTITY

FMD

What ****ing nonsense

The FC would still exist and there's no relocation, rebranding or anything that changes the very fabric of the club without their say so

The PENNS CANNOT RELOCATE US NOR CAN ANY PRIVATE ENTITY

FMD
If the owners declare they are broke and put the club into receivership what power does the FC have to stop a relocation, merger or sellout?
That second-hand furniture may be the only thing of value we have.

No leagues club. Owner like Penn running the club on a shoe string budget. We are what the bunnies were for all of the 80's and 90's. Plenty of spoons will follow.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11