The Anti-Seibold MEGA THREAD

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Nordburg

First Grader
Easy answer . Bunnies are **** , Roosters not at full strength, Panthers weren’t at full strength , Titans we had a leg up from the refs plus they were missing 6-7 players that game , eels also not at full strength, Storm also missing key players , Dragons are crap but our most impressive win …
Whilst I agree that the team hasn’t had many impressive wins,Manly weren’t at full strength either for some of those wins

Pete W

Bencher
Starting to feel a bit concerned with how many young talented players we have let go the past season. Weekes and Sammy fainu look like they are going to fulfill their potential and Jamie Humphries sounds like he’s headed to Souths.. just wondering what the hell our succession plan is once Dce is done.
I don't think we should be worried about a succession plan if we can't get off the ground presently (or for over a decade!). The fact is, we need some immediate success. With money to spend, I'm assuming we would do as other clubs do and go to market for an established game manager. But if we can't win now, none of this matters

Last edited:

Tragic Eagle

Tragic
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Last year we couldn’t beat top teams and now we are they are trying to pick apart every win. Not sure why I bother sometimes.
We have won just four from our last 10 starts and had one draw..Thats hardly an impressive run. Yes we beat the Storm but we couldn't beat the Warriors and Canberra after a huge head starts and we couldn't beat the dolphins. Okay this week we were serioulsy depleted and had no chance of winning against Souths.. During that run we managed to hang on against the Titans, beat Parramatta who were without Moses and are now running last, we beat Melbourne which was a good win and St George in a gutsy effort. Thats two good performances in 10 weeks thats not a lot to get excited about. After a good start to the season we have been underwhelming.

There are 9 games left and we have 4 points from Byes to come (Next week and round 22), The Cowboys away, Knights at home, Titans at home, Roosters away, Raiders away, Warriors at home, Tigers at Leichhardt where we dont have a good record, Bulldogs away and the Sharks at home.

Last year 8th place finished on 32 competition points. We need another 15 competition points. We have two byes to come so we need 11 competition points from 9 starts. Looking like we will need 6 wins from 9 games. Its not looking likley on what we have seen so far this season.Frankly we are not guaranteed a win agaionst the Tigers at Leichhardt.We haven't had back to back wins since rounds 1 & 2!

In my opinion we need to win the next three games to have a real chance.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
Starting to feel a bit concerned with how many young talented players we have let go the past season. Weekes and Sammy fainu look like they are going to fulfill their potential and Jamie Humphries sounds like he’s headed to Souths.. just wondering what the hell our succession plan is once Dce is done.
Well if Humphries may be heading to Souths, it wouldn’t be beyond the realms of possibility that we’d pick up Illias in exchange. Penn would prob like the link to Anasta as well thinking it would get us some favors in the media.

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
We have won just four from our last 10 starts and had one draw..Thats hardly an impressive run. Yes we beat the Storm but we couldn't beat the Warriors and Canberra after a huge head starts and we couldn't beat the dolphins. Okay this week we were serioulsy depleted and had no chance of winning against Souths.. During that run we managed to hang on against the Titans, beat Parramatta who were without Moses and are now running last, we beat Melbourne which was a good win and St George in a gutsy effort. Thats two good performances in 10 weeks thats not a lot to get excited about. After a good start to the season we have been underwhelming.

There are 9 games left and we have 4 points from Byes to come (Next week and round 22), The Cowboys away, Knights at home, Titans at home, Roosters away, Raiders away, Warriors at home, Tigers at Leichhardt where we dont have a good record, Bulldogs away and the Sharks at home.

Last year 8th place finished on 32 competition points. We need another 15 competition points. We have two byes to come so we need 11 competition points from 9 starts. Looking like we will need 6 wins from 9 games. Its not looking likley on what we have seen so far this season.Frankly we are not guaranteed a win agaionst the Tigers at Leichhardt.We haven't had back to back wins since rounds 1 & 2!

In my opinion we need to win the next three games to have a real chance.
With that draw in front of us and two byes we should play finals. If we don’t then Siebold will be out of a job.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
Russell Crowe has SFA to do with Souths... wait that's being generous, he bullied Luke Keary out of Souths and straight into a premiership team. Matt Tripp? A News Corpse faceless man, get the fuk out of here you moron.

You lot are genuinely stuck in the past, Manly aren't playing in a capless competition. Instead of crying about Seibold suggest a realistic replacement, Seibold is still playing with the plodders Hasler stacked us with - like every club he's touched.

Short memories around here, must be the lead poisoning.
Hey moron....Crowe got the master coach back. As for Tripp, you know he owns Bet R, nothing to do with News Corp (now). They would all play Penn off a break......Penn sacked Toovey, hired Barrett, bought back Des and now Seibold. Let's not forget Rainbows and The Schuster fiasco. And guess what stupid, we are still 11th, 5 points off last. Get your lead poisoned head out of your @rse, there are obviously no brains in either.

Last edited:

47MVEagle

Bencher
Easy answer . Bunnies are **** , Roosters not at full strength, Panthers weren’t at full strength , Titans we had a leg up from the refs plus they were missing 6-7 players that game , eels also not at full strength, Storm also missing key players , Dragons are crap but our most impressive win …
Ah okay, I finally get it now - when we lose it’s Siebold’s fault, when we win it’s the other team’s fault LOOOOOOOOL

Unbelievable the lengths people will go to to discredit someone, absolutely ridiculous.

Disco

First Grader
Premium Member
As an aside, full strength is such an interesting phrase these days in the NRL as it is almost non existent.

Seeing a team with there best 17 on the park is a rare sight, most clubs start round 1 with a handful injured.

Have we been full strength any game this year? I cant recall one without doing some research.

Terry Zarsoff

First Grader
You kidding me. Wouldn't it be nice to have a Russel Crowe (who I don't personally like) or a Matt Trip who have an actual passion for their club, or are seen occasionally, get involved occasionally and genuinely care for the club they own. Penn does SFA except sign a few cheques with not enough zeros on them. 2014 he took full control and history will show you the results.
So on the one hand, you think Penn should be more involved.

On the other, when he got too involved around 2014, he stuffed things up.

Have you got an each way bet on a horse running at Gosford?

Waz13

Let’s all have a chew!
As an aside, full strength is such an interesting phrase these days in the NRL as it is almost non existent.

Seeing a team with there best 17 on the park is a rare sight, most clubs start round 1 with a handful injured.

Have we been full strength any game this year? I cant recall one without doing some research.
Thought exactly the same thing when I read that post. Nobody is ever at full strength in this comp, and even when they are close some players are underdone carrying injuries.

I think we have had a couple games when we were close or at full strength tho. At least imo of what our best 17 is.

Frogz

Bencher
Premium Member
So on the one hand, you think Penn should be more involved.

On the other, when he got too involved around 2014, he stuffed things up.

Have you got an each way bet on a horse running at Gosford?
"If we sack Seibold, can we find someone to come in and replace Penn".

I hope you dont bet much, but I think I asked for him to go ....anyway gamble responsibly.

Uber Eagle 72

Reserve Grader
Premium Member
Top 4 is the pass mark imo. Especially with all the fan fare, slick promo videos etc during the pre season . Anything less than top 4 would be a failure for sure….

WiseyEagle

Reserve Grader
The bloke is useless. Let's all he doesn't get a contract extension. Who replaces him, I have no suggestions. Last chance was Flannagan, and he isn't going that crash hot anyway.

Jay Eagle

Reserve Grader
He's clueless..seriously..and I've supported and favoured him but after the south's game..I'm done

The team is getting smashed in the commentary media this week for the lack of a game plan other than run, kick (bomb) and then hope..but even then the kicks were misdirected and there was no "in game" change to tactics it was was a winnable game...again..

I wrote a text last week stating that Humphrey's to 5/8 and goalkicker
Brooks plays a 7 and main playmaker
Lawton to 13
Brown to prop
Gordon to Drop off the team sheet

And this is what should have happened

instead we played with 1 half.. Tommy T ended up coming infield to try something in the last 10 mins and was our best attacking option.. but all too late..and this was probably not even a coaches call.

I also said In my post last week if the coach didn't see it that way..he shouldn't be coach.. seriously what he dished up was a joke..

He was only hoping we didn't get smashed so he could be "proud of the effort".. not good enough

That's NOT THE MANLY WAY!!!

Mr Mestrov.. get rid of this clown

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18