Sack Seibold.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
We need a coach who is not trying to win a popularity contest with the group. There is still a problem at the core of this ape that Des couldn’t fix and Seibold can’t either.

We need a coach who is not trying to win a popularity contest with the group. There is still a problem at the core of this ape that Des couldn’t fix and Seibold can’t either.
To be fair, this off season will be Seibold's first opportunitiy to rip the team up and start again - his stamp, all that. Not saying it'll work though.

I am not a fan of Seibold I think he is book smart but without the ability to really connect a playing group. To be fair it is too early to judge. I think if we are in the same predicament this time next year we should be calling for change.
Both Barrett and seibold are very popular with the Manly players

But the moral of the popular coach story is this ...
An affective coach It is not all about how much he can get his players to like him
An affective coach is all about him getting his players to win for him

Last edited:

An affective coach It is not all about how much he can get his players to like him
What makes you think Siebold is popular with the Manly players? They appear almost embarrassed listening to him speak at press conferences. And DCE came out in the media praising Dessie as a coach he loved playing under. The article below is from the Courier Mail

Maroons star Daly Cherry-Evans has praised Des Hasler’s Gold Coast resurrection as Gorden Tallis said concerns over Justin Holbrook’s NRL premiership credentials led to his Titans demise.
Hasler will revive his 458-game NRL coaching career on the Gold Coast next year following the sudden sacking of Holbrook on Thursday.

The Titans brought a swift end to Holbrook’s three-and-a-half season reign on the Gold Coast, terminating him immediately after securing Hasler on a three-year deal following clandestine meetings over the past fortnight.

While the Titans are sitting ninth on the ladder, a 37.8 per cent winning record (31 wins, 51 losses) from 82 games, and worrying defensive statistics, were ultimately Holbrook’s downfall.

And for the first time in the club’s 16-year history, the Titans have appointed a proven NRL premiership-winning coach in Hasler.

Daly Cherry-Evans insists former Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler is not a spent force in the NRL, and believes he can get the best out of Titans players. Picture: Getty Images.

Daly Cherry-Evans insists former Sea Eagles coach Des Hasler is not a spent force in the NRL, and believes he can get the best out of Titans players. Picture: Getty Images.
Hasler, 62, piloted Manly to the 2008 and 2011 NRL titles and has featured in five grand finals with the Sea Eagles and Canterbury.

He handed Cherry-Evans his NRL debut in 2011 and the Manly and Maroons captain said Hasler was not a spent force.

“Des was great for me at the start of my career. He helped me get a clear understanding of my role for the team which is what you need early on, because at times your head is spinning,” Cherry-Evans said.

“Later in my career he was unreal at empowering me to play to my strengths but also reminding me that there was also improvement left in my game.

“I’ve always admired Des’s coaching style. He cares deeply about his players and is extremely competitive, which is an awesome combination.”

The link below is another article about DCE and Des from the 28th of May.

If I was getting paid a ****load of coin and I can do whatever I want, he would be popular with me too.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8