SACK GREENBERG

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
PLEASE EXPLAIN

Maybe I'm just not getting all the information needed to make a judgement, and if I'm inaccurate I apologise to those involved.

But I'm perplexed as to how Scott Bolton, a man convicted of assault against a female, can be suspended for ten weeks, with a caveat that he'll only have to meet half that penalty on the sidelines, if he agrees to address captains and senior players of all teams in May. Walker, who has not yet been found guilty, is stood down until at least May (that's at least 9 games), and then if found guilty faces potentially being thrown out of the game. Where is the parity, because I don't see it.

If Walker is found not guilty, he has been wrongly penalised (though I think he's being paid at least but Manly is penalised...again). If he is found guilty of assault, the most likely outcome in matters like this, it is no different from the charge Bolton faced. If convicted on AOABH, then a heavier penalty is warranted. But DV Assault Female is no different from Assault of a Female. Therefore the penalty imposed should be identical to Bolton's penalty. I wont get into the De Bellin case which is even a greater can of worms possibly comparable to the Stewart case as there are no reported witnesses or video evidence.

The Manly club is again being penalised by having their player removed for an extended period, while North Queensland face 5 weeks without Bolton. There is talk of salary cap relief, but this should have been determined and set in place before Greenberg dismissed these players, not sometime after leaving clubs further behind the eight ball.

The Manly club has decided not to contest Walkers suspension. But they should be at Greenberg's door on Monday demanding the salary cap relief promised because this just sounds like Greenberg blundering about with his duplicitous inconsistency yet again...and yet again directing hardship at Manly. Further when is the Telerot going to indicate that sexual assault as per the De Bellin case, is a far worse offence than DV, despite the latter's seriousness as well. They consistently group De Bellin and Walker together implying equally serious matters, yet no comment on Bolton's actions.

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Maybe I'm just not getting all the information needed to make a judgement, and if I'm inaccurate I apologise to those involved.

But I'm perplexed as to how Scott Bolton, a man convicted of assault against a female, can be suspended for ten weeks, with a caveat that he'll only have to meet half that penalty on the sidelines, if he agrees to address captains and senior players of all teams in May. Walker, who has not yet been found guilty, is stood down until at least May (that's at least 9 games), and then if found guilty faces potentially being thrown out of the game. Where is the parity, because I don't see it.

If Walker is found not guilty, he has been wrongly penalised (though I think he's being paid at least but Manly is penalised...again). If he is found guilty of assault, the most likely outcome in matters like this, it is no different from the charge Bolton faced. If convicted on AOABH, then a heavier penalty is warranted. But DV Assault Female is no different from Assault of a Female. Therefore the penalty imposed should be identical to Bolton's penalty. I wont get into the De Bellin case which is even a greater can of worms possibly comparable to the Stewart case as there are no reported witnesses or video evidence.

The Manly club is again being penalised by having their player removed for an extended period, while North Queensland face 5 weeks without Bolton. There is talk of salary cap relief, but this should have been determined and set in place before Greenberg dismissed these players, not sometime after leaving clubs further behind the eight ball.

The Manly club has decided not to contest Walkers suspension. But they should be at Greenberg's door on Monday demanding the salary cap relief promised because this just sounds like Greenberg blundering about with his duplicitous inconsistency yet again...and yet again directing hardship at Manly. Further when is the Telerot going to indicate that sexual assault as per the De Bellin case, is a far worse offence than DV, despite the latter's seriousness as well. They consistently group De Bellin and Walker together implying equally serious matters, yet no comment on Bolton's actions.

I posed this same question yesterday. I think I read somewhere today that because Bolton's case was done and dusted last year, with no conviction recorded and a good behaviour bond applied, the nrl have said "We've dealt with that one already. these are all new things."

Amazingly, the cowboys are complaining and questioning the length and rules pertaining to the 5 week suspension.

I don't agree with it, I'm just trying to answer your question. It's been a rubbish 48 hours but the media will say how wonderful todd is.

Again...

The NRL controls who gets media accreditation and who does not.

It is a small pool of people with (presumably) good benefits. Remember that most of them are such hacks that if they lose that accreditation, they won't get a media gig covering any other sport - because they don't have the knowledge or qualifications to do so.

To me it is becoming increasingly obvious that 'the message' can be managed through these same people. Because if they don't...
Paul Kent struggles to speak a single coherent sentence... it’s painful to listen to... it’s almost like they stick his mouth full of antiseptic before he goes on camera.

Paul Kent struggles to speak a single coherent sentence... it’s painful to listen to... it’s almost like they stick his mouth full of antiseptic before he goes on camera.

The strings attached to his back are too loose no doubt.

I posed this same question yesterday. I think I read somewhere today that because Bolton's case was done and dusted last year, with no conviction recorded and a good behaviour bond applied, the nrl have said "We've dealt with that one already. these are all new things."

Their comment is absolute rubbish. They made the decision at the same time they made the Walker decision last Friday. The NRL continue to spin doctor matters to suit their vested interests...shameful

Obviously an interloper. Must be a Roosters supporter

Really? no I just occasionally take my glasses off to see issues through other peoples eyes. The world isn't against us but if it helps you at night good for you I'll just keep enjoying the footy.

Really? no I just occasionally take my glasses off to see issues through other peoples eyes. The world isn't against us but if it helps you at night good for you I'll just keep enjoying the footy.

Jigg it is an accepted principle of the game to 'hate Manly' Unfortunately this foolishness is taken seriously by many of the supporters, administrators and certain elements of the media. This has been admitted on several occasions. Its not delusion. Trouble is many take this foolishness seriously. It started with Artherson buying up some of the best players in the game, something the roosters have been doing without much much notice for decades. Manly were seen as being given a helping hand..and perhaps they were back in the 70 and 80s. But since the 90s that has been old news yet it remains in the psyche of many in the game. Try talking to the average supporter on the street. Mention the Sea Eagles and see what the reaction is.. I have many times. Manly are the bad guys, even though its a 70s-80s hangover. And many, even in higher positions, continue to see them that way. If you don't believe that, you aren't asking enough people on the street.

Jigg it is an accepted principle of the game to 'hate Manly' Unfortunately this foolishness is taken seriously by many of the supporters, administrators and certain elements of the media. This has been admitted on several occasions. Its not delusion. Trouble is many take this foolishness seriously. It started with Artherson buying up some of the best players in the game, something the roosters have been doing without much much notice for decades. Manly were seen as being given a helping hand..and perhaps they were back in the 70 and 80s. But since the 90s that has been old news yet it remains in the psyche of many in the game. Try talking to the average supporter on the street. Mention the Sea Eagles and see what the reaction is.. I have many times. Manly are the bad guys, even though its a 70s-80s hangover. And many, even in higher positions, continue to see them that way. If you don't believe that, you aren't asking enough people on the street.

I agree with all that but I have no complaints with the walker stand down and do not believe he was stood down because he plays for us.

PLEASE EXPLAIN

Well it’s simple really. The Stockmen were Superleague aligned. The Illawarra Credit Union and the SEs weren’t.

I agree with all that but I have no complaints with the walker stand down and do not believe he was stood down because he plays for us.

I agree. What I am saying is that he copped more than was given to someone who pleaded guilty, has been convicted, and probably will have been convicted for the same offence in Bolton, who received little more the a slap on the wrist. The claim that it was already determined is rubbish. Both were retrospective suspensions, which in itself is a poor way of penalising.

Again...

The NRL controls who gets media accreditation and who does not.

It is a small pool of people with (presumably) good benefits. Remember that most of them are such hacks that if they lose that accreditation, they won't get a media gig covering any other sport - because they don't have the knowledge or qualifications to do so.

To me it is becoming increasingly obvious that 'the message' can be managed through these same people. Because if they don't...
How has Hooper still got accreditation then

How has Hooper still got accreditation then
Family connections?
xH5oS1hv_400x400.jpg Todd-greenberg-cropped.png

Sole discretionary powers handed to an obvious biased, incompetent, self promoting scumbag whose only interest is his standing. Unbelievable how the clubs have stood by and let this megalomaniac take total control.

Sole discretionary powers handed to an obvious biased, incompetent, self promoting scumbag whose only interest is his standing. Unbelievable how the clubs have stood by and let this megalomaniac take total control.

Bring on the Ides of March.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8