Sack Geoff for stupidity

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why? Are you really sure that Barrett is the man for the job? I'm not. Before the club fires a club legend then we better make sure we are getting someone who can take us to our next premiership.
Bozo thinks he has the right stuff & there is no other coach available that has the runs on the board.

I do know that the status quo is about to deliver our first ever spoon after 68 years of being better than that.

At first I thought - f##k Tooves did it again. But then I reflected back to last week and thought - well Hasson had a good game. Then I second guessed and thought, f##k Tooves, you should've brought in Hodges instead. But then again, Souths monster pack might require more size up front. And then I thought, come on Tooves, surely we have other options rather than Hasson?...

And then it occurred to me.

We don't.

I mean, unless we wanted to blood one of our youngies (Demetrio, etc). But, honestly, would you want to blood someone against Souths in their 1st First grade game?

Tooves should've brought in Hodges, anyway. Would we have won still? Probably not.

But I guess my point is, it'd be such a headf##ck trying to figure the right balance on the bench, with limited depth.
JSL should be ahead of him

Forwards win matches not coaches . No coach stands a chance with a pack of forwards that have the ability to only watch backs like Matai and and Jorge drive the opposition back in attack and defence

Last edited:
Its the coaches job to get his players playing to the absolute top of their ability, and to give them the drive, motivation and confidence to do so.

If the current crop of fowards cant or wont do this for the coach, then it's the coaches job to replace them with players that will.

Its also the coaches job to be flexible enough to work his bench to suit the game, and to be flexible enough to pick different players on the bench that he could use.

There is plenty Toovs could be doing to at least look like he was trying to do something different to get a different result.

Clive Chruchill couldn't coach our current squad, which is the weakest in the NRL bar none.

Honestly we have 8-10 players of genuine first grade ability.

That doesnt stop the coach trying something, anything different, to get a different result.

Running last does not require conservative decisions to change our predicament.

Clive Chruchill couldn't coach our current squad, which is the weakest in the NRL bar none.

Honestly we have 8-10 players of genuine first grade ability.
A very similar squad went quite well last year. Im starting to concede that part of the issue is down to coaching, the game has evolved since last year but our team is still running plays from 2011 with zero effectiveness. Toovey seems reluctant to try anything else and continues to pick players that are below park footy standard. Things need to change, im starting to think things wont be any better next year even with better forwards unless we adapt.

Looking forward to something different next year. This year is is done.
Very hard to be a manly fan this season... The only thing left to play for is avoiding the spoon..
Jeez - this season sucks.

Sadly I agree with you
All we can hope for is avoid the spoon and hurt a few top 8 teams chances in the final 10 rounds

I think some need to visit Bunnings isle 9. We still have a few games at the fortress I wont concede a spoon till its in the trophy cabinet

I'm just fuking disgusted with the whole club. Absolutely shthouse management, shthouse recruiting, shthouse player attitudes and shthouse coaching. No new ideas, recruited hasbeen journeymen. We deserve last for the sht that's been served up to supporters this year.

I think some need to visit Bunnings isle 9. We still have a few games at the fortress I wont concede a spoon till its in the trophy cabinet
Isle 9 - that has the the lumber isle... The spoon is made from lumber... probably a chipboard spoon from bunnings. Bring back BBC hardware- minus the kiddy fiddler that is.

Tooves should stand down now a new voice is needed the management need to grow some balls if they have no faith in toovey for next season why are they letting us down excepting this mediocrity?. I'm not saying a new coach will do miracles but a new voice may save us from the spoon. 1999 0-7 start Bozo steps down the worse coach in the history of the game Sharp takes over we win 3 in a row. It certainly couldn't hurt 3 wins in a row I'd take that.

Members online

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8