[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
not 'trying' anything @BOZO... stating a 'fun' fact... you can put whatever spin on it you like (like the 'spin' that Hasler put resolve into our defence when he first took over) but they are simple facts...

In 2 years Hasler has done nothing to improve this squad... nothing... and you, my feathered friend, do not come across as someone who is so keen to accept the 'efforts' of this squad...

2018 we finished 15th
2019 we finished 6th and were one bad call away from playing in a preliminary final... most would call that an improvement... do the math.

...you left out Parker, Elliot, Garrick etc... have a look at teams that beat us like Tigpies and Titans - they too are full of NSW cup players but they play with heart (well, most of the time)...

yes, there are plenty of ordinary players in our squad but even those ordinary players can be made to look pretty bloody good when given an effective game-plan and showing resolve...

Manly's problems well-exceed our injury list I am afraid and many of our problems are coaching issues, yet Dessie gets a free-pass because he is Dessie...
our attack has looked pedestrian (even in early rounds when we had a full squad) and our defensive structures are absolutely woeful - they are coaching issues....
our team constantly looks tired 20 min into games and we are usually out on our feet after 60min... coaching issue...
we do not have a squad that is showing any resolve - coaching issue...
our tackling technique (arm grabbing) and our defense around the ruck is hopeless - coaching issue....
we are slow in the ruck when in possession and we give away too many 6-again calls because of the way we peel off the tackled player - coaching issue...
despite having well-respected youth players, we roll out the same team week-in, week-out even though we continue to lose and are watching our finals slip away - coaching issue...
when we do bring our young players into grade (after finals are gone), we play them out of position... coaching issue...

yes, we have had plenty of injuries but so have plenty of other teams - the difference is that those teams have excellent structure thanks to their coaches...

if Twent was coaching this year you would all be screaming blue murder...
yes, there are plenty of ordinary players in our squad but even those ordinary players can be made to look pretty bloody good when given an effective game-plan ????
How can any team build the momentum of any affective game plan when you have players losing possession ? Des deos not drop the ball . The NSW cup players that wont be there next season did

2018 we finished 15th
2019 we finished 6th and were one bad call away from playing in a preliminary final... most would call that an improvement... do the math.
lol, i see what you did there...

2017 we finished 6th, 2018 we finished 15th...
2019 we finished 6th, 2020 we finish 13th?

...great improvement...

as I have said many times, 2018 was unacceptable... 2020 is also unacceptable...

yes, there are plenty of ordinary players in our squad but even those ordinary players can be made to look pretty bloody good when given an effective game-plan ????
How can any team build the momentum of any affective game plan when you have players losing possession ? Des deos not drop the ball . The NSW cup players that wont be there next season did
the Titans on Saturday had Anthony Don, Young Tonumapaiea, Jamal Fogarty, Treymain Spry, Sam Stone, Tanah Boyd, Jai Whitbread - hardly blokes that are being head-hunted elsewhere..
but they looked pretty bloody effective against us because Justin Holbrooke had them destroying us by turning players back into the ruck before then spreading the ball two passes to the edges which consistently caught us out...

Tigpies have Douihi, Kepaoa, Marshall, Aloiai, Mikaele, Twal, Eisenhuth, Taylor, McIntyre (it is easier to list their 'good' players actually - Mbye, Nofaluma, BJ, Brookes, Grant)... yet they competed against us even when 3 tries behind with 10min to go because Maguire has made players accountable for past losses by dropping their sorry a**es...
in contrast we have capitulated in multiple games over the last 3 months because our players are content to just show up each week knowing they are under no pressure...

Warriors are another example where they are using cast-off players from other teams but are ALWAYS in the game because of the coaching structures and ACCOUNTABILITY that Todd Payton has engendered in that squad...
we on the other hand have been an embarrassment across the park week in and week out... and that is on the coach as much as the players...

the Titans on Saturday had Anthony Don, Young Tonumapaiea, Jamal Fogarty, Treymain Spry, Sam Stone, Tanah Boyd, Jai Whitbread - hardly blokes that are being head-hunted elsewhere..
but they looked pretty bloody effective against us because Justin Holbrooke had them destroying us by turning players back into the ruck before then spreading the ball two passes to the edges which consistently caught us out...

Tigpies have Douihi, Kepaoa, Marshall, Aloiai, Mikaele, Twal, Eisenhuth, Taylor, McIntyre (it is easier to list their 'good' players actually - Mbye, Nofaluma, BJ, Brookes, Grant)... yet they competed against us even when 3 tries behind with 10min to go because Maguire has made players accountable for past losses by dropping their sorry a**es...
in contrast we have capitulated in multiple games over the last 3 months because our players are content to just show up each week knowing they are under no pressure...

Warriors are another example where they are using cast-off players from other teams but are ALWAYS in the game because of the coaching structures and ACCOUNTABILITY that Todd Payton has engendered in that squad...
we on the other hand have been an embarrassment across the park week in and week out... and that is on the coach as much as the players...
The Titans and Tigers and warriors players are better quality than our nsw fill in players
Thats the difference

The Titans and Tigers and warriors players are better quality than our nsw fill in players
Thats the difference
...they look better because the coaching is better...
that's also the difference...

I contend that if you replaced any of our crap players with those players man-on-man and coached them with the same attacking plays, defensive structures and levels of accountability then the results would be the same...

...they look better because the coaching is better...
that's also the difference...

I contend that if you replaced any of our crap players with those players man-on-man and coached them with the same attacking plays, defensive structures and levels of accountability then the results would be the same...
they look better because the coaching is better...
that's also the difference......???
I dont think so ...
Dropping the ball and missing tackles is not part of any coaches game plan

Tend to agree, but I think their coaches dropped players earlier in the season if they performed poorly. Thus, there has been pressure on players to perform well. In comparison, new players in the Sea Eagles are mostly forced changes due to injury.

Tend to agree, but I think their coaches dropped players earlier in the season if they performed poorly. Thus, there has been pressure on players to perform well. In comparison, new players in the Sea Eagles are mostly forced changes due to injury.
I agree with you there about the other coaches that replaced players that performed poorly with competent players . Although our quality depth is not as good as other clubs , Des did have a player like Schuster to be given an opportunity much earlier on .

they look better because the coaching is better...
that's also the difference......???
I dont think so ...
Dropping the ball and missing tackles is not part of any coaches game plan
Titans as an example...
they looked fitter than us...
they were hungrier than us...
they had a clear game-plan to play the game in our end (they kicked for 561m vs our 229m)...

the Titans made 12 errors to our 14... you can not blame a game where we trailed by 30 points simply on handling errors...
we were never in that game - just as we were never in the Sharks, Dragqueens, Riff or Rabbits games because our defense in terrible, our attack is worse and our team are unfit... but that is not the coaches fault?

I would genuinely like to know what Des is responsible for? If he is not responsible for team sheets, attacking plays, defensive structures and fitness then what do we employ him for?

Forgive me if this has been previously mentioned but I read that Manly is paying $100,000 of Api's contract at the 'Riff.
Wow.
If DESpicable had anything to do with this deal -- and it's inconceivable that he didn't -- then surely it is a further reason why he is not the saviour we all hoped for.

Forgive me if this has been previously mentioned but I read that Manly is paying $100,000 of Api's contract at the 'Riff.
Wow.
If DESpicable had anything to do with this deal -- and it's inconceivable that he didn't -- then surely it is a further reason why he is not the saviour we all hoped for.
but apparently he wasn't as good when he was at Manly @The Who... he was good when he won a premiership with Souths, he is good when he won a minor premiership with the Riff but, somehow, in between he lost the ability to pass at Manly...

Titans as an example...
they looked fitter than us...
they were hungrier than us...
they had a clear game-plan to play the game in our end (they kicked for 561m vs our 229m)...

the Titans made 12 errors to our 14... you can not blame a game where we trailed by 30 points simply on handling errors...
we were never in that game - just as we were never in the Sharks, Dragqueens, Riff or Rabbits games because our defense in terrible, our attack is worse and our team are unfit... but that is not the coaches fault?

I would genuinely like to know what Des is responsible for? If he is not responsible for team sheets, attacking plays, defensive structures and fitness then what do we employ him for?
I have said before no NRL coach could compete with half of NSW cup players in his line up and we have had a bad injury toll . Lets see how we go next season

Wow.
Hold on. He most likely freed up some cap space by getting rid of Api. Even if we are contributing 100k. Manase was surely on less $. This was a good move at the time imo. The only thing which backfired which is beyond Des control is Manase getting involved in a gangsta rapper church choir brawl and being stood down.

I have said before no NRL coach could compete with half of NSW cup players in his line up and we have had a bad injury toll . Lets see how we go next season
coaches like Bellamy and Robinson turn NSW cup players into big-contract NRL players - as demonstrated over multiple seasons... Ivan Cleary is doing the same right now at the Riff...

having said that, I would rather you are right than me.... hopefully Des is just having a rough year...

coaches like Bellamy and Robinson turn NSW cup players into big-contract NRL players - as demonstrated over multiple seasons... Ivan Cleary is doing the same right now at the Riff...

having said that, I would rather you are right than me.... hopefully Des is just having a rough year...
It all comes down to good recruitment
Players with potential can be turned into better players
If a player does not have potential than no one can turn them into NRL players

I am not complaining about the young players - would have loved to see some earlier as an act of accountability for p*ss poor performance...

would have been even better if they were played in position... eg. Hoppa to FB after the Cronulla loss (instead of Garrick) and Funa for Parker after that StMerge humiliation...
You lost me once you said this.
After watching Hoppa struggle the past 3 weeks to keep up in a less demanding position, and arguably one of the worst effort wise yesterday in a all round poor effort from all, your still suggesting Des was wrong in not selecting Hoppa in the more demanding role of FB just 3 weeks after he was cleared from a 2 year lay off in round 8 ?
I think I will stick with Des for a little while longer.

You lost me once you said this.
After watching Hoppa struggle the past 3 weeks to keep up in a less demanding position, and arguably one of the worst effort wise yesterday in a all round poor effort from all, your still suggesting Des was wrong in not selecting Hoppa in the more demanding role of FB just 3 weeks after he was cleared from a 2 year lay off in round 8 ?
I think I will stick with Des for a little while longer.
I am with you on Hoppa but Schuster should have been given an opportunity ahead of the other failures long ago

lol, i see what you did there...

2017 we finished 6th, 2018 we finished 15th...
2019 we finished 6th, 2020 we finish 13th?

...great improvement...

as I have said many times, 2018 was unacceptable... 2020 is also unacceptable...
2017 we lost in the first week of the finals with a healthy squad. 2018 we were decimated and made it to week two-should have been week three if not for a shocking call.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2