[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
another 'fun' fact...
in Barrett's disastrous year of 2018, Manly won 3 of their last 10 games and were -50 f/a
...with one game to go... drum roll please.... Des's 2020 side have won 2 of their last 9 and are -96 f/a...

imo... neither year was better than the other - they are both totally unacceptable and I am glad to see that (to a degree) changes are being made to the squad (again)... I do not buy into the myth that Des has, to this point, had any positive impact on the squad... they look good at their best (as they did under Barrett) and they look diabolical at their worst (as they did under Barrett)...

the ONLY good thing about 2020 is that we only have to play 20 rounds...
mind you the players must have thought it was a 12 round comp because they quit months ago....
Another fun fact
We came second last under Trent with a fully fit Tommy and Walker , AFB , Suli and Thompson
This season we are 12th on the ladder
Thanks Franky . Nice try feathered friend

Last edited:
Another fun fact
We came second last under Trent with a fully fit Tommy and walker and Suli and Thompson
That has already been pointed out many times. The y never respond to the FACT.

That has already been pointed out many times. The y never respond to the FACT.

Looking at the ladder, if the Warriors lose today, and we win next week, we could "possibly" come 9th overall, which given the decrepit injury toll on us this year, is quite amazing, but maybe that's just me (and a few others)?

Unsure that's indicative of a coach that deserves sacking, either?

Looking at the ladder, if the Warriors lose today, and we win next week, we could "possibly" come 9th overall, which given the decrepit injury toll on us this year, is quite amazing, but maybe that's just me (and a few others)?

Unsure that's indicative of a coach that deserves sacking, either?
Your definition of amazing really amazes me !

Another fun fact
We came second last under Trent with a fully fit Tommy and Walker , AFB , Suli and Thompson
not 'trying' anything @BOZO... stating a 'fun' fact... you can put whatever spin on it you like (like the 'spin' that Hasler put resolve into our defence when he first took over) but they are simple facts...

In 2 years Hasler has done nothing to improve this squad... nothing... and you, my feathered friend, do not come across as someone who is so keen to accept the 'efforts' of this squad...

Add up the number of man games missed per player at Manly, versus at many other clubs (you also can't then differentiate the quality of player missed - Walker, Trbojevic, Fainu, Suli, AFB, Thompson etc), then consider we could land one spot out of the finals race.

You don't think that's amazing?

I understand injuries happen at every club, but this is kinda extra ordinary

Yeah I can't believe how so many Manly fans think this mediocrity is "amazing". Some of this talk about if we didn't have injuries if the refs loved us sounds like some guys I worked with who always had excuses or others to blame when their team was **** and looked like they were not fit, didn't care and looked like the coach had no idea.

I would always laugh and here we are people making excuses and suggesting 9th overall is some achievement.

**** me we are not getting beaten 10-8 or a last minute field goal we are turning it up not having a dig at home and yes we have injuries and weak depth but **** me I'll never accept the rubbish that the team has served up this last 10 weeks.

Des as the coach has to take some blame the structure in defence is laughable they have no idea.

Should he be sacked? no but he shouldn't get an extension either next year he has to prove he is up to it.

not 'trying' anything @BOZO... stating a 'fun' fact... you can put whatever spin on it you like (like the 'spin' that Hasler put resolve into our defence when he first took over) but they are simple facts...

In 2 years Hasler has done nothing to improve this squad... nothing... and you, my feathered friend, do not come across as someone who is so keen to accept the 'efforts' of this squad...
Fun facts and anything to do with Fun is good for the soul Frank, so I do appreciate your passionate fun posts that is a super ingredient of the making of a great forum like ours
Perspective
Des took over a bunch of players from Tent that came second last with fully fit players of the caliber of Tom , Walker , Suli , AFB , Thompson and took them to the top 8
This season without those players we are not running second last and are on 12th position
So Des is still an improvement on Trent there as well .
Before we start sacking Des we should ask our selves
Which coach can be a top 8 coach with these NSW cup players in his team ?
No jokey can win a Melbourne cup with a donkey
and no coach can win anything with these NSW cup players in a NRL comp
Croker
Levi
Hoppa
Harper
Funa
Wadell
Miski
boyle

Yeah I can't believe how so many Manly fans think this mediocrity is "amazing". Some of this talk about if we didn't have injuries if the refs loved us sounds like some guys I worked with who always had excuses or others to blame when their team was **** and looked like they were not fit, didn't care and looked like the coach had no idea.

I would always laugh and here we are people making excuses and suggesting 9th overall is some achievement.

** me we are not getting beaten 10-8 or a last minute field goal we are turning it up not having a dig at home and yes we have injuries and weak depth but ** me I'll never accept the rubbish that the team has served up this last 10 weeks.

Des as the coach has to take some blame the structure in defence is laughable they have no idea.

Should he be sacked? no but he shouldn't get an extension either next year he has to prove he is up to it.
EXACTLY !!!!

Fun facts and anything to do with Fun is good for the soul Frank, so I do appreciate your passionate fun posts that is a super ingredient of the making of a great forum like ours
Perspective
Des took over a bunch of players from Tent that came second last with fully fit players of the caliber of Tom , Walker , Suli , AFB , Thompson and took them to the top 8
This season without those players we are not running second last and are on 12th position
So Des is still an improvement on Trent there as well .
Before we start sacking Des we should ask our selves
Which coach can be a top 8 coach with these NSW cup players in his team ?
No jokey can win a Melbourne cup with a donkey
and no coach can win anything with these NSW cup players in a NRL comp
Croker
Levi
Hoppa
Harper
Funa
Wadell
Miski
boyle
...you left out Parker, Elliot, Garrick etc... have a look at teams that beat us like Tigpies and Titans - they too are full of NSW cup players but they play with heart (well, most of the time)...

yes, there are plenty of ordinary players in our squad but even those ordinary players can be made to look pretty bloody good when given an effective game-plan and showing resolve...

Manly's problems well-exceed our injury list I am afraid and many of our problems are coaching issues, yet Dessie gets a free-pass because he is Dessie...
our attack has looked pedestrian (even in early rounds when we had a full squad) and our defensive structures are absolutely woeful - they are coaching issues....
our team constantly looks tired 20 min into games and we are usually out on our feet after 60min... coaching issue...
we do not have a squad that is showing any resolve - coaching issue...
our tackling technique (arm grabbing) and our defense around the ruck is hopeless - coaching issue....
we are slow in the ruck when in possession and we give away too many 6-again calls because of the way we peel off the tackled player - coaching issue...
despite having well-respected youth players, we roll out the same team week-in, week-out even though we continue to lose and are watching our finals slip away - coaching issue...
when we do bring our young players into grade (after finals are gone), we play them out of position... coaching issue...

yes, we have had plenty of injuries but so have plenty of other teams - the difference is that those teams have excellent structure thanks to their coaches...

if Twent was coaching this year you would all be screaming blue murder...

So who were all the posters saying they won't complain about a loss as long as they get to see the young players? There were plenty!
The young players are now playing folks, and they are making rookie errors, out of position and battling to keep up.

So who were all the posters saying they won't complain about a loss as long as they get to see the young players? There were plenty!
The young players are now playing folks, and they are making rookie errors, out of position and battling to keep up.
I am not complaining about the young players - would have loved to see some earlier as an act of accountability for p*ss poor performance...

would have been even better if they were played in position... eg. Hoppa to FB after the Cronulla loss (instead of Garrick) and Funa for Parker after that StMerge humiliation...

I get the feeling some of you think Dessie was appointed last week .... he has had this squad for 2 full pre-seasons and 2 full years .... and without any salary cap restrictions ... and a coaching staff of thousands ....

I still support Dessie, but spare me the shiite players mantra ... they were good enough last year ... and if their individual form, and the team's form has gone backwards .... whose responsibility is it?
OK, I guess it is the numb nuts .....

...you left out Parker, Elliot, Garrick etc... have a look at teams that beat us like Tigpies and Titans - they too are full of NSW cup players but they play with heart (well, most of the time)...

yes, there are plenty of ordinary players in our squad but even those ordinary players can be made to look pretty bloody good when given an effective game-plan and showing resolve...

Manly's problems well-exceed our injury list I am afraid and many of our problems are coaching issues, yet Dessie gets a free-pass because he is Dessie...
our attack has looked pedestrian (even in early rounds when we had a full squad) and our defensive structures are absolutely woeful - they are coaching issues....
our team constantly looks tired 20 min into games and we are usually out on our feet after 60min... coaching issue...
we do not have a squad that is showing any resolve - coaching issue...
our tackling technique (arm grabbing) and our defense around the ruck is hopeless - coaching issue....
we are slow in the ruck when in possession and we give away too many 6-again calls because of the way we peel off the tackled player - coaching issue...
despite having well-respected youth players, we roll out the same team week-in, week-out even though we continue to lose and are watching our finals slip away - coaching issue...
when we do bring our young players into grade (after finals are gone), we play them out of position... coaching issue...

yes, we have had plenty of injuries but so have plenty of other teams - the difference is that those teams have excellent structure thanks to their coaches...

if Twent was coaching this year you would all be screaming blue murder...
Stop making good points ..... it hurts my head to think another way.

Bring back the ....Biff? Trouble is, we have become one-dimensional, looking for DCE to spark something every time. The guy looks tired & flat. We need more ball players. Yesterday was embarrassing. No heart. No pride in the jumper. No respect for the fans. Punt Croker, let the overrated Hoppa go, get some mongrel back in the pack, stop the up & in defence, and the next massive forward to do a little hop, step & jump instead of hitting a hole hard at speed should be publicly flogged.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6