[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Had to fill the 30 on minimal coin
I know right but surely there was someone else frm blacktown. Some kid? Even the catering guy. The guy was never gonna play. What did he offer, did he even train? I suppose he held the pads. Just seems like a waste of a spot. Oh well history now I guess.

I know right but surely there was someone else frm blacktown. Some kid? Even the catering guy. The guy was never gonna play. What did he offer, did he even train? I suppose he held the pads. Just seems like a waste of a spot. Oh well history now I guess.
Yes I know, no I don't. Just a dissapointing season all round. Had we not had Injuries and were winning no one would care if Trex was in the 30 or not let alone noticed. I haven't actually ever come across a year where so much focus was on the 30 as much as the 17. Says it all I guess.

Lets keep it Real - maybe selections have been arguable, but Des bleeds Maroon and White and EVERY player respects him....which means a lot...give him a season without ridiculous injuries and watch Manly fight for the Crown - The blokes a Winner !!

Lets keep it Real - maybe selections have been arguable, but Des bleeds Maroon and White and EVERY player respects him....which means a lot...give him a season without ridiculous injuries and watch Manly fight for the Crown - The blokes a Winner !!
The bloke was a winner.
He hasn't coached a premiership winning side for nine years.

Agree his selections have been sus
Questionable about bleeding maroon and white as he had no issues dumping us, unsure also that every player respects him after this week's debacle

The bloke was a winner.
To put this in perspective, there are only six premiership winning coaches currently in the NRL - Bellamy, Robinson, Bennett, Stuart, Maguire & Des. Obviously, the first two are very successful. However, Stuart hasn't won since 2002, Bennett since 2010 & Maguire since 2014.

Last edited:
Agree his selections have been sus
Questionable about bleeding maroon and white as he had no issues dumping us, unsure also that every player respects him after this week's debacle
Des always has Manly close at heart, but success at the time made him feel bigger than the club, I reckon he has been humbled since then....yet still very stubborn.
If you watch "Lord of the Rings" you will see power overtaking best intersts.
Maybe way off, but with little injury concerns....and its about time we got a break (not literally) , we will be right up there the next 3-5 years with Des in charge

The bloke was a winner.
But only missed the finals twice, so get a grip, some of you are off your heads if you want to sack Des. All this siht talk about sacking Des, DCE, Tommy is ludicrous. The only way you do that is if there is better available and there just isn't. They may not have earned their cash this season but if they get the mix right those blokes are proven winners and game breakers.

But only missed the finals twice, so get a grip, some of you are off your heads if you want to sack Des. All this siht talk about sacking Des, DCE, Tommy is ludicrous. The only way you do that is if there is better available and there just isn't. They may not have earned their cash this season but if they get the mix right those blokes are proven winners and game breakers.
How often has Bellamy missed finals in the last 9 years? Even with an ageing roster and major stars retiring or shifting over recent years. I agree that if the mix is right and the stars align we have a potentially potent group.

That said, any reliable consistent fullback is better than a hyped one who never plays due to injuries. Any half back who can manage a game, lead their team and maintain composure is better than what DCE has offered. Des is the only one I would give a little more leeway to, but he needs to turn things around big time next season IMO.

I will support des and not join the sack des group yet but if come in 12 months time we have not seen any improvement from this squad and we fighting again for a bottom four ladder position then I will change my thinking.

2021 will be des' s greatest challenge as a coach.

Enough of this mediocrity I have had enough.

We have a FG team stacked with reggies and there is something SERIOUSLY wrong in the locker room.

Widespread changes are needed and I highly doubt we have the funds to change it for 2022 even.
Sadly agree it does not look that promising for next year at all.

A year ago Des almost won coach of the year for what he did with the duds that Barrett left him. Before season 2019 we already knew they were crap and we were amazed that Des could get those duds to rise for a season. Last season gave us some hope for a good 2020 but now we see that those duds couldn't rise again and are what they are just duds. Not even Des can't turn shxt into chocolate.

Most of out team would not even get an offer or a run with any other team and the fact we've won as many games as we have with the injuries we've had is pretty amazing.

I #URGEthePURGE #clearthedeadwood.

Once the purge is started let's see what type of team Des puts together and the results that come from that. If in a years time we are still getting towelled up just about every week then the calls for sack Des are warranted,

Gee, I woke up this morning and got on here and thought I was in the kennel. Gee how quickly we turn on our own. If we sack Des, who do we get, there is not out there and if we get a non Manly coach and he doesn't start winning from the start, then we all know what happens on here don't we.

Last edited:
The moral of the story ...

No Formula 1 driver can win a formula 1 race with a 4 cylinder toyata
No Melbourne cup Jokey can win the Melbourne cup with a donkey
The Great and Proven Des will never be able to win another premiership with these players that can not keep up with the pace and the skill of this game
When Des finally rebuilds his team we will see success once again

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7