[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
Great .. agree 100% .. let's make Des a lifetime offer to be the players welfare officer ...

... and get someone else that can coach, run structures, patterns, recruitment, Salary cap and team selection ..
Aren't you the ambitious one?!?!?! 😉

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Des was the one who collected DW from manly watch house the morning of his DV charge. Des stuck with MF right up to the end. Des does seem to have the respect of most of the side IMHO.

The Rainbow saga was a great example. Where were the owners? the New CEO? Anyone from the board? No none of them.

It was left to the head coach to put out the fire when NONE of it was his doing. How many coaches would have fronted up like that? Perhaps Robbo ?

My concern is that these are only the examples that made it to the top of the 6pm news. I sometimes wonder how many other club shortcomings Des puts up with behind the scenes that never get publicised.

To me the club doesn't really advertise itself that well as a good destination for a prospective NRL coach. And as we learned there is nothing stopping a replacement coach quitting if they don't like the cards they are dealt by the club.

ricardo

Bencher
I mean, they never said who for ...

Screenshot_20220827-120621_Gallery.jpg

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Again super conservative Des refuses it seems to take a chance on a young kid who's been sitting on the reserve bench for ages. Nothing to lose and certainly would give the kid a decent taste of first grade. We all want to see how he goes. Give Weekes a shot Des before the season ends. The experience for the kid far outweighs the risk to the team now that we are out of the semis. No reason not to let him have a chance. He's had barely a taste this year, with one short stint in one game. He's not in the 30 just to occupy space surely.

mickqld

Sea Eagle forever
Tipping Member
Again super conservative Des refuses it seems to take a chance on a young kid who's been sitting on the reserve bench for ages. Nothing to lose and certainly would give the kid a decent taste of first grade. We all want to see how he goes. Give Weekes a shot Des before the season ends. The experience for the kid far outweighs the risk to the team now that we are out of the semis. No reason not to let him have a chance. He's had barely a taste this year, with one short stint in one game. He's not in the 30 just to occupy space surely.
Lose these last 2 games without trying some of these kids and we'll see that nothing will ever change with Des. He needs to be sacked.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I remember somebody on here mentioning years ago that during that great period of Manly dominance from 2008-2014 Des would often come up with some really whacky left field ideas... and apparently, it was Gifty who would step in to temper them or mould them into something that was workable. I wonder if Des is missing that balance in the current set up and it's causing inconsistency over the recent years of his second stint here???

NREagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I remember somebody on here mentioning years ago that during that great period of Manly dominance from 2008-2014 Des would often come up with some really whacky left field ideas... and apparently, it was Gifty who would step in to temper them or mould them into something that was workable. I wonder if Des is missing that balance in the current set up and it's causing inconsistency over the recent years of his second stint here???
Gee it was good watching Gifty. Miss that.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'd love to see some whacky left field ideas but there seems to be very little of anything other than lets get to the end of the season and move on. I get that we've had a different team on the field every week for a while and it's hard to be too creative. But geeez, even the choices he's making like Burbo at centre, they just seem a little clueless.

mave

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member

Could we get some whacky, left field ideas like giving some young fellas more than 10 minutes game time, whilst being down by 40 odd points.

HK_Eagle

First Grader
Premium Member
I'd love to see some whacky left field ideas but there seems to be very little of anything other than lets get to the end of the season and move on. I get that we've had a different team on the field every week for a while and it's hard to be too creative. But geeez, even the choices he's making like Burbo at centre, they just seem a little clueless.
Yeah, agree. He has appeared to lack creativity making my post seem a bit incongruent. However, I was wondering if he may have become aware of the need for that balance in his initial success and has been over-compensating for it? I mean, recognising that he had the freedom to brainstorm and be left field with the right people around him to balance it out before... but now, recognising those people aren't here so he ends up being overly conservative.

Seagles68

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Yeah, agree. He has appeared to lack creativity making my post seem a bit incongruent. However, I was wondering if he may have become aware of the need for that balance in his initial success and has been over-compensating for it? I mean, recognising that he had the freedom to brainstorm and be left field with the right people around him to balance it out before... but now, recognising those people aren't here so he ends up being overly conservative.
Yep, who knows. I don't like to put the boot in to anyone involved in the Club (altho I'm being tested at the moment) coz I don't think it serves any purpose (for me) other than making me more miserable about the state of things. But if Des is kept on next year (and I don't see any real coach options at this point) how does he turn this around? There is a lot of conjecture from alot of folks (better informed than I am for sure) on the forum about players wanting out but until I see the back of those players, I'm thinking we have a similar squad to what we have now. If so, how he brings the squad back together to play for each other, is beyond me. We need grunt in the forwards and I don't see any realistic options out there for that either. There's talk of Klemmer but I can't see how that's ever going to happen. Anyway, it needs something pretty damn creative to get us out of this hole, that's for sure.

Budgie

In for the long haul.
2016 Tipping Competitor
Tipping Member
He also had an assistant who was with him for years (can't remember his name for the life of me) who went with him to the Bulldogs and when he left, the Des wheels fell right off.

swoop

Bencher
Tipping Member
Anyone who can remember me posting about not wanting the dog coach back and calling DCE as not worth the money he's on, it pains me to say that I feel vindicated, although I hate seeing my beloved team in this position.

Every other club throws one of their reserve grade players into the team, our coach sends out players strapped from head to toe and obviously not 100% and bloods players for the last few minutes of the game.

Has our game plan changed at all since he came back, I don't think so. We have a heap of talent in the lower grades who leave because they know they're are not going to get into 1st grade.

Yes we have a heap of injuries, but other top clubs have players to take their places but not us. I.e Alioa was on one leg but we still play him, and Weekes gets about 15mins game time.

We need a fresh start with a different coach.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
13 10 3 97 24
14 10 4 118 22
14 10 4 78 22
13 8 5 66 20
14 8 6 143 18
13 7 6 81 18
13 7 6 -55 18
14 7 6 42 17
14 7 7 37 16
15 8 7 -8 16