[Resurrected] SACK Des Hasler!!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
End of the day, if it's not entertaining, it's just not. I was like you , I recorded the games and watched the very rare wins we got against the scrub teams.

Also doesn't help that we cannibalize each other on this board. I think the culture here has turned a lot of people off. Even sweethearts like you get attacked (that's not gay, it's just true).

Put it this way, there's too much other entertainment going on, that's interesting and fun, without the toxicity.

1. Avalanche won the Stanley Cup (my team)
2. Swannies are kicking arse and play like soldiers together (my team)
3. Australia rocks in the cricket
4 Chelsea aren't doing the best but they've just spent 300 million pounds or something to create change - they don't tolerate mediocrity for long, and their old owner was smart enough to step aside for the benefit of the club
5. The Tszyu family are kicking arse in boxing (my favourite boxers)
6. UFC is amazing

If any of these are on, I'd watch them instead of sitting through another drubbing of what used to be an amazing club in Manly. Add to that the off field crap, and it's like, is Rugby League actually dead to me now ? And that thought really upsets me, which then inspires me to come and vent here, which then inspires others to become abusive and that cycle has continued.

There's nothing fun, exciting, fresh, new, hopeful surrounding my team, and unless something huge happens, they aren't getting another penny out of me. And this is from someone who provided major corporate sponsorship. Who organised that petition that got us 10 million for Brooky. That got Pat Wilson to sit down with NAB.

To have that enthusiasm, drive and passion for the club to what I feel about them now is sad and depressing.
Yeah, the 7 BS is more of an "all-but the final straw"... I hate the way the games are reffed (fairy tap sinbins and the 6 again have killed the game imo), I hate the way the NRL keeps trying to find ways to sit blokes out (i cannot work-out what IS a 'hip-drop' and what is not) and I hate the lack of competition between the haves and have-nots (which will not be improved by adding another team)...
To make matters worse, my 'other teams' are Everton, Essendon, and Philly Eagles....
I do like the Tszyus, particularly Nikita who looks a gun imo, and Tyson Fury (who is now retired - wtaf?) but I no longer have any trust in boxing generally and MMA is not really my thing - altho I really did enjoy watching khabib make McGregor tap-out (but then he quit lol)...
I like the 6ers in the BBL so that is some respite I guess... lol...

Oh and that is officially the first time in my life that I have been called a 'sweetheart' soooo thanks? (I guess...) lol

Look at the Australian Cricket team there, they have 2 blokes in there who blatantly cheated and disgraced the sport, had a huge losing run over a couple of years, but you continued to watch them and support them
Nah, I had actually quit watching them a little while prior to the SA scandal cause they were all acting like entitled pr*cks on the field and some were doing it off the field too...
I did watch a couple of the tests last summer (MCG and then the SCG because of the way that bloke from Vic bowled at the MCG) but I have not got back to where I was when I used to watch all their games...

Ease up guys. Des is manly thru and thru. I hope he gets a chance to turn this around because he will. The dogs thing is different he was an outsider there. He should never have been in a position to leave in the first place.
What is an outsider at a privately owned football club?

Ease up guys. Des is manly thru and thru. I hope he gets a chance to turn this around because he will. The dogs thing is different he was an outsider there. He should never have been in a position to leave in the first place.
He also didn’t have TomT at the Dogs(some will argue he doesn’t have him at Manly either)

He also didn’t have TomT at the Dogs(some will argue he doesn’t have him at Manly either)
I don't think not having Tom is our biggest problem. As a football side especially in the forwards we lack resilience. Even in 2021 when we had a great season. When we came up against Melbourne and souths we couldn't get in to the arm wrestle. We need a forward leader who's a real bastard. Jakey god love him is as tough as they come but to use his fav word his too NICE and can't do it all. Klemmer has that chip on his shoulder someone like him, lodge or Nathan brown we need a real angry bugger who wont take a backward step.

At manly he is one of our own playing over 200 games and played in 3 grand finals winning 2.

He was an outsider at the dogs he never played for them and at the first sign of trouble they turned on him hard and fast.
OK, accept that but how long do we give him? This year was a disaster and he looks like he has no clue.....he's had 4 years to build a team

Can someone post the two latest articles? The one where he isn’t attending and the other where there’s talk of extending him instead of sacking him?

I know we have had injuries but i honestly just think Des is out of ideas... he looks tired in the pressers...

End of the day, if it's not entertaining, it's just not. I was like you , I recorded the games and watched the very rare wins we got against the scrub teams.

Also doesn't help that we cannibalize each other on this board. I think the culture here has turned a lot of people off. Even sweethearts like you get attacked (that's not gay, it's just true).

Put it this way, there's too much other entertainment going on, that's interesting and fun, without the toxicity.

1. Avalanche won the Stanley Cup (my team)
2. Swannies are kicking arse and play like soldiers together (my team)
3. Australia rocks in the cricket
4 Chelsea aren't doing the best but they've just spent 300 million pounds or something to create change - they don't tolerate mediocrity for long, and their old owner was smart enough to step aside for the benefit of the club
5. The Tszyu family are kicking arse in boxing (my favourite boxers)
6. UFC is amazing

If any of these are on, I'd watch them instead of sitting through another drubbing of what used to be an amazing club in Manly. Add to that the off field crap, and it's like, is Rugby League actually dead to me now ? And that thought really upsets me, which then inspires me to come and vent here, which then inspires others to become abusive and that cycle has continued.

There's nothing fun, exciting, fresh, new, hopeful surrounding my team, and unless something huge happens, they aren't getting another penny out of me. And this is from someone who provided major corporate sponsorship. Who organised that petition that got us 10 million for Brooky. That got Pat Wilson to sit down with NAB.

To have that enthusiasm, drive and passion for the club to what I feel about them now is sad and depressing.
Chelsea aren't doing to well at the moment mate. Tuchel could be joining des soon if he doesn't turn things around quickly. Playing players out of position, out dated tactics and formations. Struggling to find the back of the net. Lost to Zagreb last night! Zagreb! I can't catch a break

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10