Saab and Schuster on Matty John’s show tonight

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Inappropriate Behavior
Only creeps would complain about there being too much stranger danger education.

Only a dickhead would chose to to pick one topic .. then suggest that I'm in favour of the opposite.

And back in the day my parents managed to raise 4 kids safely without expecting teachers to teach them about life ..

So, in response to your **** of a comment ... only a fool would think of leaving their children's stranger awareness to primary school teachers

A lot of people need to stop thinking that nonsense .. and get back to teaching reading , writing and arithmetic in primary school rather than 30 hours a week of pool safety, road safety, aboringal languages, climate change protests, stranger danger, gender madness, inclusiveness and anti western and anti British cultural propaganda.. (I sure I've missed a dozen other interesting subjects)

Hi I’m Woodsie, I like children drowning in pools and kids being abducted. I don’t like children learning about different cultures and I really hate inclusiveness.

I also have no idea what is being taught in schools but I’m ****ing ropable at what I imagine is being taught in schools.

Hi I’m Woodsie, I like children drowning in pools and kids being abducted. I don’t like children learning about different cultures and I really hate inclusiveness.

I also have no idea what is being taught in schools but I’m ****ing ropable at what I imagine is being taught in schools.

It is a matter of priorities .. there are only so many hours in a day ... it is not a matter of whether individual topics/causes are good or bad, it is a matter of what is the role of school in our children's education.

But if you want all the agenda topics taught ... don't then complain if your kid is in year 6 and can't subtract, multiple, divide or even know what a fraction is.

However, you obviously have no real interest in the matter, just a desire to be a dickhead and say stupid stuff ..

20210331_163257.jpg

It is a matter of priorities .. there are only so many hours in a day ... it is not a matter of whether individual topics/causes are good or bad, it is a matter of what is the role of school in our children's education.

But if you want all the agenda topics taught ... don't then complain if your kid is in year 6 and can't subtract, multiple, divide or even know what a fraction is.

However, you obviously have no real interest in the matter, just a desire to be a dickhead and say stupid stuff ..
Not sure if you have school age children at the moment but I would be really happy if they did do more of the "teaching" you have stated (all topics not just one)

Very few private schools in Australia are like that; the above is a generalization.

The vast majority are run by denominations.

Most send their kids to one not for social standing, but ethical reasons. These same people - most who you would not consider 'wealthy' in any way, pay taxes; the same taxes (or more in many cases) that people who send their kids to public schools do (and then will say, 'my taxes have paid for my child's (public) schooling').

In reality, then, parents who have paid their taxes and then pay for and send their child to a private school - have seen their paid tax money go towards supporting another child or children at a public school. So it's fair that some funding goes to private schools to provide restitution for this.

Yes - the amount of government money to 'blue-chip grammar schools' needs to be closely scrutinized. But the vast number of private schools are not like this.

Also - if the private school system either collapsed completely or was abolished, imagine the pressure / chaos on the public system as a result. Just like the hospital system, where 60% of all surgery in Australia is done in private hospitals.

If parents are worried about their tax dollars going to their child’s education, then they can send their kid to a public school.

Bit rich to talk about fairness when private schools discriminate against children based on their socio-economic class. Why should a school which isn’t open to the public get public money?

We live in a capitalist society, like it or not, if they want to run privately then they should have to survive privately. If they can’t survive then their business model is poor and they don’t deserve to survive.

Why do parents feel the need to use private education? Is it because the public system isn’t up to scratch? I wonder what might help.

If parents are worried about their tax dollars going to their child’s education, then they can send their kid to a public school.

Bit rich to talk about fairness when private schools discriminate against children based on their socio-economic class. Why should a school which isn’t open to the public get public money?

We live in a capitalist society, like it or not, if they want to run privately then they should have to survive privately. If they can’t survive then their business model is poor and they don’t deserve to survive.

Why do parents feel the need to use private education? Is it because the public system isn’t up to scratch? I wonder what might help.

'If parents are worried about their tax dollars going to their child’s education, then they can send their kid to a public school.'

That's not what I said - please re-read my post.

'Bit rich to talk about fairness when private schools discriminate against children based on their socio-economic class.'

What are you talking about? I've not heard of any marching in the streets lately as a result of socio-economic discrimination by private schools.
Should all schools - public and private - be free of fees? The money that the government allots to private schools doesn't remotely cover the costs of running them. As a former director of a private university I may have an some insight here. My eldest son is also a teacher in a private school.

I'd also love Manly to scrap admission fees totally, but I can't see it happening. Maybe Manly has a poor business model?

Indeed we do live in a capitalist society. Imagine if, under that premise, all education attracted fees - no 'public/free' education at all. No, we live in a 'pluralist' society. Australia embraces both free-market elements and government-supported elements. Seems to work well. Go with whatever education outcome floats your boat.

Survive privately? Under that logic, parents who send their kids to private schools should pay less tax. See if that passes muster in the next national plebiscite. It would certainly be fair - why should you pay for what you're not using? - but welcome to a bigger can of worms.

'Why do parents feel the need to use private education? Is it because the public system isn’t up to scratch? I wonder what might help.;

I'm wondering if you read/understood my post at all. I did explain why - well at least one of the reasons.

OK - they are usually for the following reasons (with no particular weighting or order):

• Parents want their kids to go to a faith-based school (ethics).
  • The parents believe that discipline is better in private schools.
  • The parents are concerned about things they have heard about their local public school.
  • The private school has subjects that are unique, and the parents or kids want this.
  • The private school is in an easier location to get to.
  • The parents went there - they want their kids to go there.

And I haven't even touched on the 'my kids will get better marks/be better than other kids', 'it's an aspirational school - only the best people go there' or 'networking will be better there' (all rather nauseating to me, I'll admit).

While we like to kid ourselves that we live in an egalitarian society, we do not. No-one on earth really does.

I don't think the answer is another Red October, though.

A lot of people need to stop thinking that nonsense .. and get back to teaching reading , writing and arithmetic in primary school rather than 30 hours a week of pool safety, road safety, aboringal languages, climate change protests, stranger danger, gender madness, inclusiveness and anti western and anti British cultural propaganda.. (I sure I've missed a dozen other interesting subjects)
Spot on Woodsie👍

When players are not stars it’s easy to confuse them.

Anyone who does watch do please report back any nuggets of interest.

NYEagle
Stars are commonplace, I usually trip over a couple of them going to my letterbox. Walking down the street you're bound to pass a couple of superstars. I was watching one of the morning "News" shows yesterday and they announced later in the show we'll have a performance by the Megastar ( I forget his name), some bloke who'd come 10th on the voice or something.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4