Ryan Matterson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
Agree , a strike centre I think is the most important cog we are missing , and probably a hard nosed , no compromise , prop ( because Marty doesn’t terrify anyone these days ).
I agree MfB

All our great Manly teams of the past possessed a strike centre that intimidated the opposition

and speaking of intimidation

We need an intimidating hard nosed no compromise forward like Jared Waera Hargreaves

Another key word in your post MfB was the word Terrify

There was nothing Terrifying about our team where it mattered in the finals

The Insomniac

Reserve Grader
I agree MfB

All our great Manly teams of the past possessed a strike centre that intimidated the opposition

and speaking of intimidation

We need an intimidating hard nosed no compromise forward like Jared Waera Hargreaves

Another key word in your post MfB was the word Terrify

There was nothing Terrifying about our team where it mattered in the finals

Sad day when we let Jared go I reckon. He'd have been one of our all time legends.

SeaEagleRock8

Sea Eagle Lach
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Sad day when we let Jared go I reckon. He'd have been one of our all time legends.
I agree, but it's all in the timing. It's not that we didn't want him to stay. And don't forget our squad was still playing grand finals/challenging for the minor premiership 4 and 5 years after he left.

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
I agree, but it's all in the timing. It's not that we didn't want him to stay. And don't forget our squad was still playing grand finals/challenging for the minor premiership 4 and 5 years after he left.
JWH left to go to the roosters in 2010 and during that time we had as you say our salary cap stacked with brilliant players like the Steawart brothers , Matai , Lyon Whatmough King at his prime Kite , Big Josh Perry, Foran etc whilst the rebuilding roosters had the money to pay overs for him

I rate AFB with JWH . Both dominating and intimidating and that is something we never had in the finals from our pack

KNUCKLES

Bencher
JWH left to go to the roosters in 2010 and during that time we had as you say our salary cap stacked with brilliant players like the Steawart brothers , Matai , Lyon Whatmough King at his prime Kite , Big Josh Perry, Foran etc whilst the rebuilding roosters had the money to pay overs for him

I rate AFB with JWH . Both dominating and intimidating and that is something we never had in the finals from our pack
We will look back on AFB in the future as one we let get away I think

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
We will look back on AFB in the future as one we let get away I think
AFB was great but no one is irreplaceable at Manly

I am sure we will find another great prop in the future

I like our new signing the Raging Bull from the Broncos . He could be the one but I would like to see him in the back row

KNUCKLES

Bencher
AFB was great but no one is irreplaceable at Manly

I am sure we will find another great prop in the future

I like our new signing the Raging Bull from the Broncos . He could be the one but I would like to see him in the back row
No one is irreplaceable, but like the original comment we could sure do with someone like AFB or JWH right now in my opinion

BOZO

Journey Man
Tipping Member
No one is irreplaceable, but like the original comment we could sure do with someone like AFB or JWH right now in my opinion
I agree we could definitely do with a AFB and JWH enforcer next season

And who ever does not step up will step out for some other competent player to take their place

We need to step up to our Legendary clubs high standards of the Greatest club of all with another Grand final win

As soon as we start accepting second best we lower our clubs great standards and we lower our pants and we start getting rooted like North Sydney did

Manly Sea eagles Golden RULE
Rule number 1
Never Ever be number 2

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
11 9 2 82 20
11 8 3 112 18
11 8 3 75 18
10 7 3 69 16
12 7 5 135 14
11 7 4 59 14
11 6 5 -9 14