Ryan Matterson

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Not Paul Kent

Reserve Grader
Fully prepared to get blasted here but posing the question: with Parramatta shopping around Ryan Matterson is he worth a look?

$500k for next year with Parra prepared to tip some in.

Matterson is an extremely quality player with an exceptional defensive game, ability to offload, big motor and an aggressive edge.

We are spoiled for choice of forwards but perhaps shifting Walker back to centre, Shoe to starting six and Foran playing that ball playing lock role on reduced minutes is worth some thought.

There’s positives and negatives and perhaps a headache we don’t need so I’m not sure if I’d take the punt on bringing him in, particularly his reputation as a mercenary and concussion history in 2021.

Interested to hear some fellow silvertails opinions though?

Fully prepared to get blasted here but posing the question: with Parramatta shopping around Ryan Matterson is he worth a look?

$500k for next year with Parra prepared to tip some in.

Matterson is an extremely quality player with an exceptional defensive game, ability to offload, big motor and an aggressive edge.

We are spoiled for choice of forwards but perhaps shifting Walker back to centre, Shoe to starting six and Foran playing that ball playing lock role on reduced minutes is worth some thought.

There’s positives and negatives and perhaps a headache we don’t need so I’m not sure if I’d take the punt on bringing him in, particularly his reputation as a mercenary and concussion history in 2021.

Interested to hear some fellow silvertails opinions though?
You were going so well with your argument until you mentioned Foran in a lock role and you lost all credibility.As for Matterson,his ego and pay cheque is too big for Manly and as you mentioned,his concussion history is a worry

No thanks, huge flog and we don't really need another edge back rower. Would rather promote from within if Schuster was to move to 6

He had a poor year, I think he went missing in lots of games. The flick pass vs Manly was the only highlight.

tmp2A5.jpg

He is a good player but do we even need a 2nd rower? 500k is a good price though. Someone will snap him up, maybe storm after losing a number of players I dunno🤔

Even if we wanted him we can't afford him. With money set aside should Walker stay plus the money being suggested for the Newcastle young gun Fullback / Centre, we wouldn't have $500K left. Just saying.

We Desperately need another BK/Choc clone to lead by example week to week.

I think he has some real quality. Schu to 5/8 in 2023 leaves a big hole in the backrow. If he was only $500k and if the Eels tip in $100k - I say take a shot if we have a Centre covered somewhere in our recruitment. Centre is a must before a backrower who really is essentially for for 2023.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7