Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Agreed. Cant help thinking how good these two flyers would be with the Shu playing down their side. Especially given the Shu now taking on the defence more as we saw last night. Massive potential don that right side which is fairly limited atm with Haumole. Potentially switch Tolu to the left side but then you would be breaking up a great partnership forming with Saab. Something our much vaunted coaching staff should consider.
Shoe is not tied to the left side and has popped up many times on the right as a link and a point of attack last few games.

@manlyfan76 is right, he has been popping up on the right and with good effect, here's a few examples from the last 2 games.

Tolutau Koula try 21st minute

Haumole Olakau'atu try 29th minute

Haumole Olakau'atu try 28th minute

Tolutau Koula try 31st minute
Yep you guys are right. Not a coincidence also as his match fitness improves with each game that he is now in a more roving mode both sides of the ruck. I think still some ways to guy with match fitness but looking good. I said a few weeks ago in another thread that this kid is a slow burn but early results to date are very promising. Upwards and onwards Josh!!

The last couple of weeks Koula has gone to another level with his attack, and there's no reason his upward trajectory won't continue. And you're right about Saab, he too is hitting his straps. He's known as a speed machine but has plenty of skill too, for example his timing of passes to inside supports is excellent, and his flick last week to Koula was no fluke.
Genuine attacking guns in this Manly side, providing everyone else is doing their boring jobs of course.
The biggest improvement with Saab is his willingness to play tough and back himself. Finally he is using his size as well as his speed.

Spot on about his pass selection and timing.

It's official, he needs to be moved to left centre as he is wasted on the right.

Cherry is always feeding huamole and is never giving koula early ball... he Isn't just used as a battering ram!

We also lack pace on the left so it makes sense (especially starting from next week since Parker will be out)!

It's official, he needs to be moved to left centre as he is wasted on the right.

Cherry is always feeding huamole and is never giving koula early ball... he Isn't just used as a battering ram!

We also lack pace on the left so it makes sense (especially starting from next week since Parker will be out)!

Needs WAY more ball. We need him with ball in hand as much as possible. Like I said, give him the 1 jersey, Garrick back to centre.

I'd really love to see Koula spend the preseason with Snake and make a permanent move to fullback. He's our most dangerous player and we need to him to be involved as much as possible. Move Tom to the centres for the 6 games he'll be available next year

Please put into perspective who our opponents were today. Would a team like Penrith or Brisbane or Melbourne have given Tolu Koula the room to run like the Dogs did today??

Tom Trbojevic, when fit, is arguably the single best player of his generation and his best position is fullback. One good game against a team that would struggle in NSW Cup does not make a permanent position switch.

Koula played well today, no argument. And he probably should be the first choice backup if Tom goes down injured. But when both are fit Tom should be the fullback and Koula in the centres.

Please put into perspective who our opponents were today. Would a team like Penrith or Brisbane or Melbourne have given Tolu Koula the room to run like the Dogs did today??

Tom Trbojevic, when fit, is arguably the single best player of his generation and his best position is fullback. One good game against a team that would struggle in NSW Cup does not make a permanent position switch.

Koula played well today, no argument. And he probably should be the first choice backup if Tom goes down injured. But when both are fit Tom should be the fullback and Koula in the centres.
2021 when Tom was on fire

Melbourne and Souths completely shut down Tom in the semis. Just saying

Several on here calling for this as far back as May. Well I'd like to know why the coaching staff could not see the necessity for this after Tom crumpled again. Fullback is all about speed and agility and this guy has it in bucket loads
Because he wasn't re-signed and we were not going to win the comp this year so you don't bump up his asking price by playing him in the shop front for other teams to tempt.

Also if you are picking a top seventeen he is in it no matter where and at the moment everyone fit that isn't centre so why move him if that's where he will be for the firesee able future.

Not saying I don't think next year at some stage he any Turbo shouldn't shift. Koula is a lot better playing both sides.

What a joy to finally see him play fullback. Yes it was just the dogs.. but just seeing him in space and how he creates havoc with his speed and creating space for the outside players. Great to see. Hopefully this ends the Garrick to fullback when Thomas the tank engine breaks down

I agree with a lot of what you say.

But Turbo will make an impact wherever he plays and Koula would be enhanced playing fullback.

That's where ive landed for the moment.

(And let's face it Tom won't get back to the 2021 form, unfortunately)

Great assessment. Although he played super today, we must remind ourselves this was junk time dead rubber footy on a super fast track. Don McKinnon would have looked good at fullback today.

That said, the potential was on display. He needs to press on and do this against a top eight side under high pressure next year. I haven’t seen much of that yet. Let’s hope he gains the confidence needed.

NYEagle

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8