Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Koula would have Hammer for speed but was caught flat footed and had to turn and chase. Before he knew it, Hammer was gone. I noticed Tom was able to burn Hammer in the first half for a try. Same thing. Hammer flat footed, turned and couldn’t get there. But in the 2nd half, there was enough time for Hammer to foot it for longer and he rounded Tom up. Koula would do the same.

Koula would have Hammer for speed but was caught flat footed and had to turn and chase. Before he knew it, Hammer was gone. I noticed Tom was able to burn Hammer in the first half for a try. Same thing. Hammer flat footed, turned and couldn’t get there. But in the 2nd half, there was enough time for Hammer to foot it for longer and he rounded Tom up. Koula would do the same.

LOL. Tom didn't burn Hammer at anytime. In the first half Tommy was running at full steam and Hammer was stationary and Tommy beat him to score. Hammer had zero time to turn and catch Tommy. Brilliant positional play by Tom.

When Tom scored his try in the 2nd half Hammer turned around and caught Tommy easily, Tom had to pass it to Garrick before he got the ball to again to score.

LOL. Tom didn't burn Hammer at anytime. In the first half Tommy was running at full steam and Hammer was stationary and Tommy beat him to score. Hammer had zero time to turn and catch Tommy. Brilliant positional play by Tom.

When Tom scored his try in the 2nd half Hammer turned around and caught Tommy easily, Tom had to pass it to Garrick before he got the ball to again to score.
Yeah hammer is very very fast.

I think Tom is getting his speed back though. Each week he looks more confident and a bit faster.

If he was stationary, then why is he mid stride facing the same direction as Tom with 20m still to go to the line in this still shot?

Obviously Hammer is faster than Tom and I acknowledged that he ran him down in the 2nd half. The point i’m making is that when a player is running forward and the defender is flat footed and has to turn and chase (like Koula did) a slower player can appear to burn the faster player.

Happy for you to have an alternative opinion but you can leave the lol out of it. I’m not gonna waste time discussing footy with posters that are gonna be arrogant.

Attachments

• C914BC6C-00DA-46C1-AE95-B8D4443C4AC4.jpeg
    C914BC6C-00DA-46C1-AE95-B8D4443C4AC4.jpeg
    31.6 KB · Views: 25
If he was stationary, then why is he mid stride facing the same direction as Tom with 20m still to go to the line in this still shot?

Obviously Hammer is faster than Tom and I acknowledged that he ran him down in the 2nd half. The point i’m making is that when a player is running forward and the defender is flat footed and has to turn and chase (like Koula did) a slower player can appear to burn the faster player.

Happy for you to have an alternative opinion but you can leave the lol out of it. I’m not gonna waste time discussing footy with posters that are gonna be arrogant.

We can agree to disagree. When Tommy got past Hammer there were 3 other defenders in front of Hammer. By the time each of these 3 defenders missed Tommy, he had to turn around from a standing start and try to tackle Tommy. Your snapshot is probably Hammers first stride.
Another shot below shows a different view just before that.

When Koula got burnt, it was pure acceleration as Koula was running sideways waving his arm to the outside defender, then Hammer switched the after burners on and brushed passed a running Koula.
Very different to the Tommy try.

Cheers

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230611_164556_NRL.jpg
    Screenshot_20230611_164556_NRL.jpg
    117.7 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_20230611_164748_NRL.jpg
    Screenshot_20230611_164748_NRL.jpg
    167 KB · Views: 19
We can agree to disagree. When Tommy got past Hammer there were 3 other defenders in front of Hammer. By the time each of these 3 defenders missed Tommy, he had to turn around from a standing start and try to tackle Tommy. Your snapshot is probably Hammers first stride.
Another shot below shows a different view just before that.

When Koula got burnt, it was pure acceleration as Koula was running sideways waving his arm to the outside defender, then Hammer switched the after burners on and brushed passed a running Koula.
Very different to the Tommy try.

Cheers
Based on Koula’s record over 100m and Saab easily running Hammer down last year, I’m of the belief that Koula has hammer for speed and was caught relaxing and was burned as a result.

Thought it was great to hear him say he wanted to win a premiership, think that gets lost sometimes, also loved his reaction towards shoe‘s resigning, that’s the type of chemistry that can make a footy side, now to get about winning some games, pluck the chickens on Sunday.

For a centre he doesn't score many tries nor set many/any up.
His defence is quite good and he is a trier, but he has to find a way of getting into space and being able to beat a player with a step or a swerve.

For a centre he doesn't score many tries nor set many/any up.
His defence is quite good and he is a trier, but he has to find a way of getting into space and being able to beat a player with a step or a swerve.

It is slowly becoming a worry ... but he's young .. took Matai a couple of years

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2