Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Yeah I’m a bit mixed on this one. He’s a great player and we don’t want to lose him that’s for sure however if rah rah after offering massive money it’s hard to for us to match it as he is still a developing player and we don’t want to throw our cap out.

I rate koula highly so I am not in any way being disrespectful here however shouldn’t rugby be throwing big money at some more established or even some superstar type nrl players.
Even Nathan cleary said he would look at it if the money was right.

There’s stacks of gun fast centres like Koula playing in local
Comps and developing through gps cas and schoolboy comps in nsw and Qld who would come cheaper than our koula.

Rugby has a great nursery they have just mismanaged it so badly it’s not funny.

I’m a manly fan first but I am also a big rugby fan so no bias on either side. I think rugby need to re think their strategy. Even paying Sualli so much money is crazy.

Yeah I’m a bit mixed on this one. He’s a great player and we don’t want to lose him that’s for sure however if rah rah after offering massive money it’s hard to for us to match it as he is still a developing player and we don’t want to throw our cap out.

I rate koula highly so I am not in any way being disrespectful here however shouldn’t rugby be throwing big money at some more established or even some superstar type nrl players.
Even Nathan cleary said he would look at it if the money was right.

There’s stacks of gun fast centres like Koula playing in local
Comps and developing through gps cas and schoolboy comps in nsw and Qld who would come cheaper than our koula.

Rugby has a great nursery they have just mismanaged it so badly it’s not funny.

I’m a manly fan first but I am also a big rugby fan so no bias on either side. I think rugby need to re think their strategy. Even paying Sualli so much money is crazy.
As you would know, their strategy isn't long term, its purely for the WC - with both Koula and Suaalii at least they have some background in the game.

Rugby can't compete with the commercial $ that league throws at these talented players (especially the Pacifika and indigenous players that get "scholarships" based purely on their sporting talent) These kids aren't always from the well healed and connected old boys networks. So when they leave school they can't rock up to an interview at a top tier corporate and walk in based on the school they attended - they don't have the network... so the $ offered by league is always going to be taken

On a side note Max Jorgensen (until this weekends injury) is doing well for the Tahs so Suaalii isn't a walk up start at State let alone National level for Rugby.

He's certainly tackling like a union player today: ie, showing a complete lack of interest. Couple of very poor errors from him leading to Newcastle tries. Maybe something is playing on his mind, because he's not switched on at all so far.
I blame Cooper Johns for throwing a terrible pass behind Koula who was standing there waiting for Johns to make up his mind about his assignment. Then Johns hit in unnecessarily on the lead runner (Saifiti) and caused Koula to be in two minds.

He's certainly tackling like a union player today: ie, showing a complete lack of interest. Couple of very poor errors from him leading to Newcastle tries. Maybe something is playing on his mind, because he's not switched on at all so far.
Has been ordinary most of the year… thought he was going to be a superstar when his defence picked up last year but he looks lost at times and imo he has been outplayed by Parker in each of the 6 1/2 games they have played together in 2023...

As you would know, their strategy isn't long term, its purely for the WC - with both Koula and Suaalii at least they have some background in the game.

Rugby can't compete with the commercial $ that league throws at these talented players (especially the Pacifika and indigenous players that get "scholarships" based purely on their sporting talent) These kids aren't always from the well healed and connected old boys networks. So when they leave school they can't rock up to an interview at a top tier corporate and walk in based on the school they attended - they don't have the network... so the $ offered by league is always going to be taken

On a side note Max Jorgensen (until this weekends injury) is doing well for the Tahs so Suaalii isn't a walk up start at State let alone National level for Rugby.
100 percent agree. Koula while good may not when make the tahs

Not sure if the rugby talk has anything to do with his form, but today was one of his worst performances for the club. Harper-esk in fact.... hoping he bounces back to some form soon!
I think it was easily his worst performance thus far, but it was still a step up from Harper haha. I blame Johns for Koula's poor first half and the sin bin was a harsh call. I actually liked that Koula decided to come up and make a decision instead of back pedalling for change.

I blame Cooper Johns for throwing a terrible pass behind Koula who was standing there waiting for Johns to make up his mind about his assignment. Then Johns hit in unnecessarily on the lead runner (Saifiti) and caused Koula to be in two minds.
I agree, Although Ennis seemed to believe it was Koula's fault for not catching it ??!!

Tackle Koula Tackle
Such a talent who played as though wasn't interested to be there....it's sad when you see a few like Croker, Oka, Saab, Paseka giving it everything while others just don't care
Tackling is Attitude, which showed Koula, John's and Weekes were passengers
Could have been a famous victory against the odds had a few more turned up

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4