Run Koula Run

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

manlyfan76

There is no A.I. Just better computers
I'm very disappointed that Koula has not been tearing up the backfield.
The guy is lightning no question. He has been good at centre but has not taken the next step this year.
Does he need to go looking for the ball more to get the chances? Do we need to get him early ball and let him beat guys on the outside? ( Never seems to cut back in to the middle). Is it a case that Turbo chiming in spoil his runs?
He should take the ball of scrums so he can urs his accelerator too.

I can't wait to see him fly, maybe with DCE at origin we will see him Run Koula Run.

We all have seen what this Road Runner is capable of
By the time he gets the ball there are players all over him
Early ball should free him
it is certainly a case of its not what we have but how we use them

1684907110150.png

I agree its frustrating not to see him getting into open space. However, I believe he is not getting the ball in good position and too often used as a battering ram. Shuster favors the left side and is putting his outside players through gaps (when he plays) - sheesh even Parker hit a hole last week running off him. DCE has to link up better with the right edge.

It's pretty simple.

He has Haumole inside of him and frankly Haumole is a hog.

He very rarely passes the ball. I am not even sure Haumole can pass fluently from left to right So many tines Haumole could attract defenders and give the ball to Koula in a great position. But he doesn't.

DCE doesn't seem to understand Koula is at least one foot shorter than Haumole, so when he does pass it to Koula, a lot of the time it's around his shoulders.

Our best attacking plays head over to the left hand side, where we have a perennial battler there trying to do his best with them. Would love to see Koula on the end of some of that ball
Koula would definitely go better on the left but there needs to be some balance. If we swapped Ola and Koula for Parker and Fainu we would end up with too many weapons on the left and not enough on the right. I think we have the balance just right with threats on both sides.

It's pretty simple.

He very rarely passes the ball. I am not even sure Haumole can pass fluently from left to right So many tines Haumole could attract defenders and give the ball to Koula in a great position. But he doesn't.

DCE doesn't seem to understand Koula is at least one foot shorter than Haumole, so when he does pass it to Koula, a lot of the time it's around his shoulders.
I've been thinking that a bit lately as well. However, he showed on Sunday that he can be a good link man when he wants to be. He was part of that try they started near their own 20 m. The one Tom scored. So he can do it and should do it more. He needs to pick his time to run better coz he has become predictable and they are throwing more players at him to stop him.

I've been thinking that a bit lately as well. However, he showed on Sunday that he can be a good link man when he wants to be. He was part of that try they started near their own 20 m. The one Tom scored. So he can do it and should do it more. He needs to pick his time to run better coz he has become predictable and they are throwing more players at him to stop him.

I know I saw that too, that's why I said fluently as Saab was screaming for the ball and he had all day to pass it.
I am talking about passing it just before the line where he is bringing in 2 & 3 defenders - it would give our attack another dimension.

Cherry doesn’t know how to use his centre. Nothing to do with ola, the best way to get koula early ball would be to cut out ola anyways.

It’s largely at untapped points resource, our RHS. Need to unlock it, but I don’t think DCE is suddenly going to start doing it effectively. It’s been an issue since killer retired. Whose supreme skill probably marked the same issue

Totally agree and made this comment last weekend ....
He is being used as an option runner and the ball is generally going out the back, in a sweep move to find the flying Saab.
There are 3 ways to involve more.
Get in for more scoots from dummy half through a tiring middle after 25 minutes.
Early ball to get a 1 on 1
My favourite idea is switch him to left centre where Parker gets far more ball from shifts right to left and the Schu - Turno - Koula edge would be a massive threat.
Also Parker would play the same role on the right and runs a nice line and can feed a decent final pass to Saab.

It's pretty simple.

yeah pretty much agree.
My Perspective

neither DCE or OKU go into impact looking to absorb the extra man and promote.

DCE eats up the sideways ground often forcing the cut back run made famous by sirro

Often straight is the only option for OKU but too often flat footed. the timing is non existent between these 2. surely they are not rehearsing it all week cos its not happening

oku looks to beat men first before offloading and seems a little lost at ball play which considering his history is very understandable. you can see the basketballer in his handling. not much artie beetson about his style, more rampaging

He also never looks to put koula away with a sneaky play. its all brute force from oku

saab gets luck with tommy wrapping around on that side as Tom uses the depth at fullback instead of the width to cut back , straighten or swerve

we talk about forwards giving halves room to death
halves then have to make space for there outside men
schuster did it last week

It's pretty simple.

Agree that’s a real weakness in Haumoles game and a strength of Tuilagi.

I know I saw that too, that's why I said fluently as Saab was screaming for the ball and he had all day to pass it.
I am talking about passing it just before the line where he is bringing in 2 & 3 defenders - it would give our attack another dimension.
Yep

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4