Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Great replacement for Lussick (massive upgrade in fact imo), and not TOO old at 28.

I'd actually be pumped at this signing. I'd have him starting in the 2nd row in T-Rex spot next year.

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Richard Fa'aoso
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Daniel Harrison

with Galuvao, Cunningham & Mauro in the event of injury.
Lots of attitude and mongrel in that pack.

Danny Weidler
June 24, 2012

STEWART'S SUITORS

When I raised St George Illawarra's renewed interest in Brett Stewart with him a couple of weeks back I was told the deal with Manly was just about done and only the fine details needed sorting. Now there is interest from overseas. It would be a massive call from Stewart to leave the club that has been a huge part of his life - he has that real ''one-club player'' feel about him. Stewart took a financial hit because of his legal case and the subsequent loss of sponsors. He also could afford himself a degree of anonymity if he was living in London or anywhere in Europe. At the core of his issue with Manly is that he wants a four-year deal to finish his career. I'm hearing he would start working with Diabetes Australia as part of his new Manly deal - it's likely that will be his job after football. Those who know Stewart say he starts missing the northern beaches once he crosses the Harbour Bridge. I mentioned Matt Cooper would have to call it quits for that to even have a slight hope of happening. Cooper has said he wants to play on but some in the club don't want that to happen.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/sport/irate-harmer-slams-stewarts-critics-20120623-20vle.html#ixzz1yeoIqzWq

Alot of gamesmanship here as Brett needs this contract to be right for life. Seems alot of our leaugies only play 1-2 years tops in France and get out. However, Wing has loved Japanese rugby. Brett is still in Origin form and leaving now may be a huge regret. His only rival is Dugan who seems to hardly play anymore.
4 years is a concern with that knee. 3 for sure and surely he could negotiate UK or more with us.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:
Does 2nd grade need an extra player ?

Absolutely. Dont underestimate Richie F'aaoso. If I was a Qld SOO selector. I would pick him. H e his the hardest runner with the football in the comp.

If he is so good then why doesn't Bennet want him?

I would be wary of signing any knights or dogs cast offs as bennet and hasler are very good judges of football ability.

agree Tookes, but I always think of Robbo, Hall, Bryant and Joe who were unwanted. Sometimes a release can make them go "this is it"? Last chance saloon. Gee, F'aaoso would think he's a great chance to come into the 17 with the premiers. No wonder Shackleton begged to come.

MOVING FORWARD

Wayne Bennett's clean-out of Newcastle continues. There's a strong chance forward Richie Fa'aoso will be on the move before June 30. He's likely to end up at Manly or Melbourne.

Read more: http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/league-news/rumour-mill-grinds-the-wrong-axe-over-stuart-returning-to-clubland-with-eels-20120623-20uwt.html#ixzz1yf4vod69

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Absolutely. Dont underestimate Richie F'aaoso. If I was a Qld SOO selector. I would pick him. H e his the hardest runner with the football in the comp.

I would be wary of signing any knights or dods cast offs as bennet and hasler are very good judges of football ability.

Josh Perry wasn't too shabby mate.

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I would be wary of signing any knights or dods cast offs as bennet and hasler are very good judges of football ability.

Bennett said Ballin would never be an NRL level player as well

Kiwi Eagle said:
tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Brian Smith said the same of Hayne and Mateo !! Hahahahahahaha !! They judge talent as about as accurately as I do !

Kiwi Eagle said:
tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Bennet has lost the plot this year . He could not motivate a fat chick with a maccas voucher . Faaoso is a gun player and 2V is the man to get him firing.

Ryan said:
tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Josh Perry wasn't too shabby mate.

But Bennet wasn't coaching the knights when we signed Perry.

There are not too many players who have gone on to be better ones after being released by bennet. Hasler is the same.

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

I would be wary of signing any knights or dogs cast offs as bennet and hasler are very good judges of football ability.

Some team needs and strengths are different, some coaches need certain types of players, Bennet may not have the mold he requires in Richie, doesnt mean he cant be a good player for us.

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

dont know, maybe the same reason he didnt want Wally Lewis.

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings

Wouldn't mind us picking up Kyle O'Donnell as well need a bit of mongrel in the pack when Choc's not there

Harro - Gifty's future replacement
Chee Kam - TRex replacement

Ferris - I love it when he comes of the bench rips tired teams a new asshole

Ryan said:
Great replacement for Lussick (massive upgrade in fact imo), and not TOO old at 28.

I'd actually be pumped at this signing. I'd have him starting in the 2nd row in T-Rex spot next year.

08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Roy Asotasi
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Richard Fa'aoso
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. George Rose
16. Brent Kite
17. Daniel Harrison

with Galuvao, Cunningham & Mauro in the event of injury.
Lots of attitude and mongrel in that pack.
Fa'aoso would be a good pick up to add some extra aggression if can buy for a good price, same with Roy, get that bloke under Manly trainers and we could see him back to his best. Add in someone young like a Tasi would be ideal. Fa'aoso has also been linked to Melbourne, and Im sure Bellamy wouldn't be interested if he didn't think Richie would offer something to the team.

tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Bennett isn't a fan of low work rate, high impact players. He's trying to make the Knights forward pack into a long minute, high work rate forward pack. Hence the signing of Scott & chasing of Poore, Stagg, Latimore etc. So that means guys like Tetevano, Fa'aoso, Tuimavave, Filipo, O'Donnell & others are all going next year.

Fa'aoso would be a good signing for any team, just not the player that Bennett is looking for.

Plenty of fish that got away...biggest clangers include Gallen released by Parra to Sharks because he was too "small".
Darren Lockyer was at Brisbane Easts who were at that time feeder club for Sharks , but Brisbane were 1st to give him a contract.

Ryan was with the Bears and they....umm....he sorta, well....they. Well, i'm glad he's here now anyway.

JoshTheNewcastleFan said:
tookey said:
ERNIE FOR NO7 said:
Berkeley_Eagle said:

Bennett isn't a fan of low work rate, high impact players. He's trying to make the Knights forward pack into a long minute, high work rate forward pack. Hence the signing of Scott & chasing of Poore, Stagg, Latimore etc. So that means guys like Tetevano, Fa'aoso, Tuimavave, Filipo, O'Donnell & others are all going next year.

Fa'aoso would be a good signing for any team, just not the player that Bennett is looking for.

Bennett doesn't like any with opinion or anyone who doesnt suck up ti him

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8