• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
not sure how much there is too this, but a mate who is normally pretty much in the know with league stuff just told me that when a certain wealthy club signed a superstar fullback from another club, they broke nearly every rule in the book to do so. The NRL are aware of it and investigating it, but they don’t know what to do about it so are hoping to bury it

Anyone else heard something along the same lines ?
Yeah, I’ve been told the contract completely disregards how these third party deals are supposed to be arranged... Basically it’s a massive rort and the NRL have been aware of it for a while. I was told about it by a good mate who is the first cousin of an ex kangaroo who has played for the club.

The NRL is a corrupt joke... and everybody knows it.

Geez I want to see Greenberg squirm if this all comes out, he was upto his eyeballs in this ****.

603BDA8F-41B9-48F7-BE7B-2A3B90A8AAF7.gif

Yeah, I’ve been told the contract completely disregards how these third party deals are supposed to be arranged... Basically it’s a massive rort and the NRL have been aware of it for a while. I was told about it by a good mate who is the first cousin of an ex kangaroo who has played for the club.

The NRL is a corrupt joke... and everybody knows it.
Woow how has this not been leaked to the media yet ? Imagine if this was manly it would be everywhere haha

Woow how has this not been leaked to the media yet ? Imagine if this was manly it would be everywhere haha
The guy who I heard it off was involved in a discussion with myself and four other guys at another mates party... he had absolutely nothing to gain by talking out of his arse. He told us some other stuff as well, but it’s probably best if I push that aside for now.

The guy who I heard it off was involved in a discussion with myself and four other guys at another mates party... he had absolutely nothing to gain by talking out of his arse. He told us some other stuff as well, but it’s probably best if I push that aside for now.
Damn wish they would deal with it now so a team under the cap can win the premiership !! But there is no way the nrl will do that it will ruin there finals campaign

Why would a certain 'wealthy club' break nearly every rule in the book to sign a 'superstar fullback' when they've got the best player in the world :wondering:

My guess, for what its worth, is this wealthy club is the Broncs and the superstar fullback is Ponga :think:
I didn't interpret it that way. Kiwi eagle could clarify more, what he has heard. The way I see it, it has to be referring to the Rorters, and what they did to sign the best player in the world.

Last edited:
I don't interpret it that way. kiwi eagle could clarify more what he has heard. The way I see it, it has to be referring to the Rorters and what they did to sign the best player in the world.
Yes, I took it differently, but that makes a lot of sense and you're probably right, thanks.

not sure how much there is too this, but a mate who is normally pretty much in the know with league stuff just told me that when a certain wealthy club signed a superstar fullback from another club, they broke nearly every rule in the book to do so. The NRL are aware of it and investigating it, but they don’t know what to do about it so are hoping to bury it

Anyone else heard something along the same lines ?

They should know what to do about it. Enforce the rules!

Amazing how Todd can change the definition of a word and phrase to say that 'best efforts' now means "iron clad guarantee" when it comes to Manly, but stumble over punishing other clubs regarding clear cut rule breaking.

Obviously I haven't heard anything about it, and don't expect too.

Disgraceful isn’t it? It’s no coincidence that Wests, Cronulla and Manly are all playing at $660k under the cap I don’t think.

Yep, they want one team to fail , and they’d be the three “ chosen ones”.

All so we can get another team up our way ( in light of the raging success of the QLD teams this year).

I wonder how all of this will change when V’Landys takes over at the end of October? I hope he will look more into the dealings of all of the clubs and make the game a more even playing field.

A big advantage he has is his lack of historical dealings with all these sleaseball managers and clubs .....

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6