rumour from the roosters site

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

DUFFMAN

Bencher
manly & the roosters are about to do a swap wing for monaghan.manly need a hooker and the roosters a half back both are on the same money & would also allow the monaghan brothers to be reunited as they are very close.

I like Mona's, but we'd definantly be getting the better side of this deal

This rumour was birthed a few days ago. Its most likely not gained momentum because its total bullsh!t.

But even BS rumours can make you think in a daydream like state. Gotta admit Wing for Monas would be good.

Monaghan has done far more for Manly this year than Wing has done for the roosters. I will stick with monas, Im not sure how long we can continue to hold onto previous bad performances when now, his defence, attack, attitude are comitment are all close to supperb.

I agree that wings form has been down a lot this year and on current form id take monas - the question is could he get back to his best if he came here - there are doubts, we arnt known for getting the best out of our players in recent years in performance, injury management is a different issue.

Wing is obviously not happy at the rooters hence the request to be released. If a player isn't happy at a club then his form is of course going to be effected.

He is a SOO player and would only improve our team. I won't hold mey breath waiting as souths have also been rumoured to be interested in Monnas for next year.

Funny how these rumours about Monnas leaving have surfaced at the same time over the past 2 years. Sounds more like other clubs trying to desabilise the rest of manly's year. Worked well last year but hopefully it won't effect us this year.

In a basic comparison one would have to say that Monas has the edge on Wing in regards to his kicking game.

I regard both players comparable in the defensive stakes.

But Wing would certainly have Monas beat in attack He would beat Monas for versatility & he would beat Monas in speed & service out of dummy half.

On balance I think a swap would be to our benefit.

But really..........does anyone seriously believe this swap proposition will actually happen.

That's just the issue guys. We can play with or without Monaghan and Wing, but we HAVE to cover Ben Kennedy. Surely Matai isn't being ear marked.
Simpson looks a no go. Myles will be @ The Titans or wherever.

How does anyone think our go forwards going to be without BK???

That's just the issue guys. We can play with or without Monaghan and Wing, but we HAVE to cover Ben Kennedy. Surely Matai isn't being ear marked.
Simpson looks a no go. Myles will be @ The Titans or wherever.

How does anyone think our go forwards going to be without BK???

What about Willo as a replacement for BK?

Seriously this shows our lack up genuine talent in the PL side. We should have half the PL team knocking at the door for firsts but in reaility we probably only have 2 or 3 at best.

Wing would eb an incredible aquisition to the side, yes out of form in an ever troubles Roosters shammozil, but thats another story.

Easily the most consistant Hooker/half utility player of the last 5 years. Just ask the Test Selectors.

Monaghan has done far more for Manly this year than Wing has done for the roosters. I will stick with monas, Im not sure how long we can continue to hold onto previous bad performances when now, his defence, attack, attitude are comitment are all close to supperb.
Spot on fLIp, I'm with you. Wing has been disappointing.
As for Willo filling BK's shoes, not a chance.

Blind Freddy can see there has been conflict between Wing and the Rorters all year. Why would he give of his best.

At risk of saying what we already know - Monaghan is playing to the best of his limited capacity. Wing has plenty of scope to rediscover his international form. Less than twelve months ago he was a fixture at Origin and Test level. Monaghan hasn't and won't play the first tier of rep football.

Not to mention what Wing would bring to the club OFF the field in marketing potential and a swelling of the femal fan base. He would cover his salary. Monaghan, as everyone knows, is on a grossly inflated salary for a player of his limited ability.

well said.

We dont need Wing. If we were going to make a swap we need another forward. Id release Dunley and Lulu and make sure we sign Simpson/Myles/prop/2ndrow

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4