Rugby Union's Loss could be Manly's gain?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man

With the destruction of the Union system that included The Central Coast Rays etc, surely there could be some phone calls made to a few players who may be without a club right now.

I'm thinking of some 1/2's that played for Melbourne, or even The Rays themselves.

A couple of prospective 19-20 year old 1/2 backs would look great in our under 20's comp team?

What's everyone think?

PS: No jokes please abour Sam Harris or Jye Mullane !!

i doubt it Ryan. Most of these players were part of existing clubs that were amalgamated to artificially put together for the sake of the ARC, similar to the set up they have in NZ. It is the equivalent of an extra comp on top of the NRL combining Manly and Norths for one team (we know how successful that was), St George and Sharks, Souths, Easts and Newtown, Parra, Wests and Penrith, Gold Coast and Brisbane etc.

In the end the footy was great but it did not capture the hearts of fans used to supporting Warringah, Eastwood, Randwick etc, the state of QLD Rugby is poor at present and it just didn't pay.

However I am still surprised the comp was jettisoned after one short season as it had the potential of being the extra tier and being a good step between Super 14 and Club. Money talks.

Mullane and Harris were the backline stars in the team that won the comp.

you do the maths.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4