Rugby League Stats Question

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lsz

First Grader
Staff member
Hi All,

A quick question for all (for something I am working on)

What do you use / want from rugby league stats? Is it to help supercoach? Or a general interest?

Hi All,

A quick question for all (for something I am working on)

What do you use / want from rugby league stats? Is it to help supercoach? Or a general interest?
Sorry I do not understand what you mean ?

I like stats ( follow MLB the leader in sport stats) but don't supercoach.
Interesting to see how what stats are considered important change in sports

I like stats ( follow MLB the leader in sport stats) but don't supercoach.
Interesting to see how what stats are considered important change in sports
Are there any stats in particular that you like? Or maybe wish there was?

I don't look up stats often, usually I only try to when someone makes a statement about a player or team that doesn't gel with my own observations. So no particular stat, sorry!

Are there any stats in particular that you like? Or maybe wish there was?
I'd like to see a combined stat to show how effective a player is that adds a value from each stat to give one figure
Say
Effective Tackles per 80 + Metres + post contact = ABC
A stat such as this for forwards and maybe different for backs.

When you look up stats what is the reason

To settle an argument? Interest? Review a player etc
I use stats to suit my personal agendas on Silvertails, and to appear more intelligent. :rolleyes:
When this invariably doesn't work, I will resort to ranting and occasional drunk posting😁 If we can get better stats on the site I should be able to rant more effectively.

I'd like to see a combined stat to show how effective a player is that adds a value from each stat to give one figure
Say
This is something that I am looking at - how can fans get a better insight into a game considering we see 80 minutes of a game and have little else to judge it

Say
Less errors and missed tackles perhaps? Eg So 20 effective tackles plus 100 metres plus 25 post contact minus, minus 3 errors and 2 missed tackles? Something like that @manlyfan76 Value in this instance 140?

Less errors and missed tackles perhaps? Eg So 20 effective tackles plus 100 metres plus 25 post contact minus, minus 3 errors and 2 missed tackles? Something like that @manlyfan76 Value in this instance 140?
Each stat gets a weighting applied to its value, then added up you get the ABC number like the " hard working index"

I think there a number of factors like where a run was made, where a tackle was made, what the defensive load does to an offensive player (thik Shu)

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4