Rudd Pledges $10 million for Brookvale Upgrade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
Ramrod said:
cherry_poppins said:
Ramrod said:
simon_eagle said:
Wow, you seem like a ton of laughs mate.

Any statistics or actual evidence that Australia is, as you say, "going down the tube"?

Another right-wing alarmist on here. Always unimaginative, often not intelligent.. view the world in black and white. If you believe the NBN only serves a few who can work from home then I suggest you open that mind of yours and think about the possibilities. Streaming doctors and surgeons in real time to rural communities, just as a starter.

Personally, I don't like any politicians.
On your calling some being "right-wing alarmists" because they don't like Kruddy Ruddy and Labor, well..... I think it's justified. Going from a 1996 Labor net debt $96 Billion to a ten budget surplus under Howard and then back to Labor's current $240 Billion plus debt and rising..... yeah, I guess I'm a little concern about our great nation becoming a third world country with hyper inflation, bankruptcy, etc.

I hope people don't treat voting like barracking a footy team.
Just because you have always gone one way, you don't have to keep going the same direction as the Titanic when your lives are concerned.
This is you, your family, and your neighbour's lives we're talking about.

The fact is, Labor can't manage the economy.
It's like what Robbie Farrah said, "losing is a habit" and Labor has been losing our money for years... and unfortunately, they didn't lose it to Manly's coffers.

--

We we're the only first world country not pushed into recession by the gfc, under labor due to creative cash giving

Your right,you don't have to vote for the same side,I voted liberal at a state level because nsw labor went full retard,federal labor has made some good choices of late and I'm inclined to give Rudd a go,because his original go was stolen and the alternative is less intellectual than a helper monkey

The only reason why we weren't affected by the GFC was because China (our biggest trading partner) kept us afloat with their GDP being 9.1% in 2008, 8.7% in 2009, 9.9% in 2010, etc. With their growth, they keep buying mining & farm produce from us. Importing their low cost products also kept inflation low. Without them, we would not have done as well. I did 3 unit economics in school.

The person that delivered ten budget surplus, Costello, criticized the unnecessary over-spending that blew our surplus away.

Furthermore, Kevvy wanted to go to war against the country that kept our heads above water during the GFC:
http://www.smh.com.au/technology/security/rudd-the-butt-of-wikileaks-expos-20101205-18lf2.html

The problem is, Kevvy 07 & now Sept 07, (7 was also Hitler's favourite number and also claimed to be 7th member of the DAP), Kevvy is a dangerous egomaniac of a mental case. It just goes to show that, no matter what mental sickness a person has, he can still be PM and popular to some.

--

And the only reason we were able to have the mining boom was because of the Hawke/Keating long term policies put in place to allow the economy to grow and take advantage of the chinese industry which was the only thing economically Howard did. Since you are the economics master you would know this already. You would also know that there was a big deficit which in real number equates to approx 2/3 of the current deficit created by the Liberal government the last time they were in power during a recession, thats right, they acted the same way with poorer results.

Right. Keating the great treasurer setting us up for prosperity delivered us a $96 Billion debt, but somehow got himself kicked out of office due to his great work.

Also, Keating told his buddy Hawke if he did not step aside as PM and make way for him, he would leave the country which was, in any case, 'the arse end of the world'. Nice to know what he thinks of Australia.

Just admit it, if you have the way to see into the future and Krudd/Labor were about to destroy the country, you'd still vote for them. Good to know the kind of unwavering loyalty you have. This works great when you're supporting our footy team. I'm all for loyalty but I'm not loyal to any politician nor any political party.

-

Fluffy said:
CAMBO said:
To answer you first question let look at debt unlike the Howard governement who came to power I'm 1996 inheriting 96 billion of Hawke and Keating debt the current government inherited zero debt and a budget that was in surplus. As a result of these two terms of ALP governments the national debt is going to break the 300 Billion dollar ceiling (source Financial review). So if that's the number 1 I'd hate to see number 2,3 and 4.

Cambo, you do realise that the debt inherited by Howard was less than the debt inherited by Hawke from Fraser. In fact Fraser acted during the depression/recession he was in power for in the exact same way as Hawke/Keating and Rudd/Gillard and furthermore almost all fiscally responsible governments from either party in history.

Also Howard had it easy, not one global depression/recession to deal with a lot of it based on the mining boom which was set up by Hawke/Keating. If Howard/Costello had the foresight like the previous guys then we would have inherited a much higher surplus than we did.

Highly suggest you read some english press on our economy and how they call us whingers when we are doing great compared to the rest of the world.

Howard had the Asia Financial Crisis right on our doorstep, during his early years when we were still paying off debt. I applaud Keating and Hawke for the decisions they made, and I think despite the hurt we copped financially, people understood why it was done. There's was as much as a 'it's time' factor when it ended, similar to Howard.

Howard and Costello did a lot more than you give them credit. You may not like the GST, Super Fund and the fact we managed to get out of debt to allow us to avoid recession during the GFC, but they are just as important structures as what Keating/Hawke put in place.

I dont understand the whole " I would vote for Turnbull but not Abbott" or "I would support Rudd but not Gillard".

Are people this fickle, its not a personality contest or an episode of "Vote'm on or Vote'm off".

Just work out what policies you like, vote for that party and hope they can get them through.

bob dylan said:
I dont understand the whole " I would vote for Turnbull but not Abbott" or "I would support Rudd but not Gillard".

Are people this fickle, its not a personality contest or an episode of "Vote'm on or Vote'm off".

Just work out what policies you like, vote for that party and hope they can get them through.

Leaders of political parties have an enormous influence on policy. What kind of leader are they if they don't?

Frank said:
bob dylan said:

Leaders of political parties have an enormous influence on policy. What kind of leader are they if they don't?
I saw in the paper the other day,they polled a few people off the street in some location, one of the persons they asked [ an old chinese guy] said that he won't vote for Abbott because he doesn't like the way he walks, FMD, this election will be decided by a small minority of stupid people.
Voting should never be compulsory.

Peter C. that old Chinese gentleman probably meant he doesnt like the way he 'TALKS'. You know what happens with language when used by migrants and little children

Peter C said:
Frank said:
bob dylan said:

I saw in the paper the other day,they polled a few people off the street in some location, one of the persons they asked [ an old chinese guy] said that he won't vote for Abbott because he doesn't like the way he walks, FMD, this election will be decided by a small minority of stupid people.
Voting should never be compulsory.

I heard that as well and pmsl.

Bearfax said:
Peter C. that old Chinese gentleman probably meant he doesnt like the way he 'TALKS'. You know what happens with language when used by migrants and little children

Yes I suppose that's what he meant,that's the problem now, we've sort of have a pseudo american presidential system.

HRWyeFZ.jpg

Well, he's got "sex appeal."

(I want to type....Do you realise that's a well done mash up of rudd and abbott combined - but I'm sure people see that...so I wont...so don't read the last bit.)

NSW Minister for Sport and Recreation Graham Annesley has resigned to become the head of the Gold Coast Titans rugby league franchise, admitting he is not a very good politician.

So is this good news for Manly people? Didn't he want all teams to play out of 2 stadiums? Or is the policy + nrl policy of no grounds with soul still in place?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6