Rudd Pledges $10 million for Brookvale Upgrade.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Will be announced today.

Someone might post article from today's papers, I would but I am on my ipad.

Might help me decide who to vote for too, alway been a Labor voter but have moved into the undecided category.

bob dylan said:
Will be announced today.

Someone might post article from today's papers, I would but I am on my ipad.

Might help me decide who to vote for too, alway been a Labor voter but have moved into the undecided category.
same here Bob

Would that be enough to sort out Brooky? Will we be needing top ups and if so where will they come from?

MANLY'S future at Brookvale Oval is set to be boosted today, with the Rudd government expected to make a $10 million pledge toward the antiquated venue.

The Daily Telegraph has learned of plans for deputy prime minister Anthony Albanese to announce a $10 million grant at Brookvale Oval this afternoon.

The funding will be guaranteed, regardless of the result in next month's federal election. Brookvale's local member is Opposition Leader Tony Abbott, who has campaigned to upgrade the stadium at the past two elections.

But the Coalition has failed to win government, condemning Brookvale Oval to a time warp.

The funding will enable the construction of improved corporate facilities, giving Manly the opportunity to compete on level terms with rival NRL clubs.

It should also allay fears the Sea Eagles could be forced to leave their spiritual nest under the NSW government's centralised stadium plan.

Moving the majority of big NRL matches to Allianz or ANZ Stadium would most likely prove a disaster for Manly, whose fans are notoriously poor travellers beyond the northern beaches.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/m-grant-to-help-upgrade-brookvale-oval-set-to-be-announced-today/story-fni3gnk1-1226691728118

master blaster said:
bloody dowdz,your too bloody quick,you just beat me young fella,lol

Lol, bored at work so, what else does one do? Visit silvertails.

Last time I went to the footy some chips and coke cost me about $10M so I don't know what they're expecting to get with this drop in the ocean?

Tell me again how $10million spent on corporates will get more votes with the electorate? A new toilet block and a bar on the hill maybe, but not the corporate areas again.

Amazing what promises are made before elections and how money that can never been found for a project are suddenly made available. Also amazing how often after elections how many of these promises have to be sidelined because 'the economy is worse than we thought', 'the down turn in the Chinese economy has slowed our efforts to get into surplus', 'other unforeseen priorities have become evident', 'the cost of the boat people is becoming untenable'.

Its a circus before an election and a time not to believe in anything promised or said. The Media increasingly take sides (have you looked at the propaganda front pages of the Sydney Telegraph against the 'Rudd' government in recent weeks...and I thought newspapers reported news not just a rag telling us how we should vote).

Personally I wouldnt trust either side with these promises about Brookvale Oval and rather vote on issues regarding which side you think will run the country better. Brookvale Oval is just a short term political football ( excuse the joke) that will be forgotten soon after the September election.

Berkeley_Eagle said:
LOL Rudd follows me on twitter
i Sent a this tweet to Abbott 22 hours ago

Hey @TonyAbbottMHR if you promise to upgrade @manlyseaeagles homeground Brookie oval that will get you a lot of votes #OutwithLabor

Well with an average crowd figure of 16k at Brookie (give or take a couple of k), I don't think Tone will be too worried about this pledge. Tone could say he's going to tear Brookie down and replace it with a Church or two and he'd probably increase his majority.

It's a good start, and a good move by Rudd to target Tony's electorate. Tony needs to at least match it. He hadn't named a figure in the past from memory.

ifernolan said:
Last time I went to the footy some chips and coke cost me about $10M so I don't know what they're expecting to get with this drop in the ocean?
That does seem a tad expensive. I hope that was a 2 litre bottle and you got sauce with your chips. I reckon they overcharged you about $9,999,990.
As an aside...The bloke in the kiosk is a financial genius, if he can flog a coke and chips for $10M we need him in charge of raising money for Brookie. He should have it all sorted out by the weekend...

$10M is nice, but we really need the sort of coin that supports a full redevelopment, not piecemeal improvements. Neither side is interested in making the big call on the old girl, so it will probably have little influence on any but a tiny number of voters.

Quick hypothetical; what if a major party pledges $50M to kick start a new Northern Suburbs arena, with an eye on a new future home for the Sea Eagles?

I know zorba has said it a few times on Nrl unleashed that the club has a hand shake agreement with tony Abbott for funding when he wins the election.

Too little too late Albo you had 6 years to do this while you were giving money to everyone else. I do believe the bulldogs have been promised more than 10 mil for belmore.

Hamster Huey said:
$10M is nice, but we really need the sort of coin that supports a full redevelopment, not piecemeal improvements. Neither side is interested in making the big call on the old girl, so it will probably have little influence on any but a tiny number of voters.

Quick hypothetical; what if a major party pledges $50M to kick start a new Northern Suburbs arena, with an eye on a new future home for the Sea Eagles?

Gets my vote

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4